• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

MEGA - Grades! Majors? Graduation!!!

I went to the school in my state and majored in a "profession" very dear to me. It didnt amount to a job but it amounted to a better understanding of what we as a people understand about the inner workings of the universe... that is what is important to me so in that sense i am way richer then you sir.
So I'm gonna break it down into 10 definitive points of why I'm better than you...

1) I am smarter
2) Because I am smarter I went to a better school
3) I studied a meaningful subject that allows me to contribute a vital service to society
4) Finance builds empires
5) I am employed and you aren't
6) I am WAY richer than you
7) You have no money, job or social status and think you understand life
8) You went to a shitty school and took an easy subject and think you became smarter
9) You're addicted to drugs
10) I have sex whenever I want, with clean cut prostitutes because I can afford them.

BOOM TOTAL FUCKING DOMINATION BABY! WOO!

As a bonus 11) I was in a top tier frat in college and spend every weekend getting laid and partying with the tightest bros that money can buy and you probably have social anxiety or something

Two things my friend, I've been working my whole adult life. My employment status has nothing to do with my schooling or yours. Second we clearly have different value systems, I mean I know your a troll but I don't value any of that shit you posted.

The reason I wrote it so vague is because doing what you want for your own benefit is the key to happiness. It's not about being smart that's innate it's about being happy, which I am... also without the narcissism lol.

90% chance OP is actually broke and gets no pussy

Even if he does, by his own admission it's only with prostitutes. Wouldn't be surprising, you'd have to bricks in your head to want an actual relationship with someone like the OP claims to be.

Yaleboy - kudos for getting an education and having a decent job. There are actually several doctors, attorneys, pharmacists, and other professional people on this site that do well for themselves but enjoy the community here. I understand you are trolling but I think you should do yourself a favor and consider why you desire to engage in this behavior? Your life isn't missing something and you are not happy. It sounds as though you are over stressed and not enjoying life at all. Of course his is conjecture. Consider your situation so you don't end up like so many other investment bankers who eventually commit suicide because the market doesn't go their way and their lives are unfulfilling.

I went to the school in my state and majored in a "profession" very dear to me. It didnt amount to a job but it amounted to a better understanding of what we as a people understand about the inner workings of the universe... that is what is important to me so in that sense i am way richer then you sir.

This.
Just wondering, are you by any chance a fellow physicist?
I'm currently still studying and whilst obviously I would like to end up with a successful job, at the end of the day I chose to do what I'm doing out of love for it, not to be 'making more money than you' after name dropping institutions like the OP. Its one thing to be proud of what youve done, where youve gone and what youve achieved but utterly pointless coming somewhere like here just to make a point of it.

Chemistry and Psychology. Basically majored in chemistry from after switching from Pharmacy (discovered i really love chemistry not money) but always took psychology electives to the point where professors thought it was my major. Once i encountered financial hardships I had to drop out without either and about 98 credits. It doesnt bother me if anything I would have preferred to take more biology classes but they force you to take electives like art and philosophy so I couldnt.

I do plan on going back in 2 years, became a junkie and got clean... i have been out of school for 8 years. But I have been actively learning about chemistry since i left and have learned quite a bit more since then due to my own drive. I have actually started buying math supplements so when I go back its more of a formality.

I am truly happy with who i am and sure i absolutely hate when people ask about my schooling because it is such a different story "wow you must be smart" (me) "i guess but its not like i chose to be me i just really like chemistry" "it doesnt bother you that you dont have a job in it" (me) "no because to learn chemistry from some that dedicated their lives to it is the chance of a life time i want to get the degree just to maybe consider myself a chemist then" So many people can not wrap their heads around this "went to school to learn and didnt actually care about getting a job and never believed it would amount to one anyway"

Portland State University for undergrad. Oregon health and science for medicine (MD). Im a family physician and im about to finish residency.

I went to Colorado School of Mines, I'm a Geologist. Employed at a environmental consulting firm.

Chemistry and Psychology. Basically majored in chemistry from after switching from Pharmacy (discovered i really love chemistry not money) but always took psychology electives to the point where professors thought it was my major. Once i encountered financial hardships I had to drop out without either and about 98 credits. It doesnt bother me if anything I would have preferred to take more biology classes but they force you to take electives like art and philosophy so I couldnt.

I do plan on going back in 2 years, became a junkie and got clean... i have been out of school for 8 years. But I have been actively learning about chemistry since i left and have learned quite a bit more since then due to my own drive. I have actually started buying math supplements so when I go back its more of a formality.

I am truly happy with who i am and sure i absolutely hate when people ask about my schooling because it is such a different story "wow you must be smart" (me) "i guess but its not like i chose to be me i just really like chemistry" "it doesnt bother you that you dont have a job in it" (me) "no because to learn chemistry from some that dedicated their lives to it is the chance of a life time i want to get the degree just to maybe consider myself a chemist then" So many people can not wrap their heads around this "went to school to learn and didnt actually care about getting a job and never believed it would amount to one anyway"

I have a PhD in chemistry, i had a good job for two years after but now I have a professorship job I think is pretty shitty. I'm really fucking upset about it, feel like a failure, and depressed and its a battle not to use drugs constantly to dampen the failure feeling. Now I want to go to medical school, so that I can have a good job one day, at which point I'll be old if I ever even get there

I try to find joy in the little things in life...but I just can't shake the feeling of feeling like a failure. I wish I could and just enjoy my life and do the stuff I do for fun, but I have no time because all I do is study to try and get a better career. Maybe thats what I actually value in life, its fucked up i don't know.

yale may be good for finance majors, I visited there for grad school interviews but turned it down because it was ranked too low, plus its in a shithole of a town. These girls Yaleboy talks about banging as a frat boy at yale were probably ugly as hell based on what I saw while there, high-ranking schools don't exactly have attractive women. But now he can afford prostitutes so I guess he's making up for it. He has sex with prostitutes but doesn't do drugs? does not compute

Last edited:
I live near Yale, in fact i was wandering about their campus on L Saturday as the buildings looked pretty with the fog... Yale does not impress me lol.

I majored in chemistry largely to understand chemistry but also because i find myself to be an amateur chemist at home. I do extractions and minor synthesis in conjunction with text books, youtube, wikipedia. Without a formal education it would be harder for me to continue perusing an understanding on my own. Someday I'd like to teach but i find myself at peace while studying or doing chemistry. To me its like my meditation it makes the world melt away... thats why i majored in it, anything else would feel like a waste of my time.

I have a PhD in chemistry, i had a good job for two years after but now I have a professorship job I think is pretty shitty. I'm really fucking upset about it, feel like a failure, and depressed and its a battle not to use drugs constantly to dampen the failure feeling. Now I want to go to medical school, so that I can have a good job one day, at which point I'll be old if I ever even get there

I try to find joy in the little things in life...but I just can't shake the feeling of feeling like a failure. I wish I could and just enjoy my life and do the stuff I do for fun, but I have no time because all I do is study to try and get a better career. Maybe thats what I actually value in life, its fucked up i don't know.

yale may be good for finance majors, I visited there for grad school interviews but turned it down because it was ranked too low, plus its in a shithole of a town. These girls Yaleboy talks about banging as a frat boy at yale were probably ugly as hell based on what I saw while there, high-ranking schools don't exactly have attractive women. But now he can afford prostitutes so I guess he's making up for it. He has sex with prostitutes but doesn't do drugs? does not compute

I have 3 degrees - (undergrad (B.A.), law (J.D.), masters of law - tax)(M.A.) - and I feel like a fucking failure - I am feeling the same shit so give me a PM dude.