• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

December Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. Hello Holidaze

I'm going to have a great feast, that's about all I have planned. Perhaps some video game playing, some reading. %)

Right on, food is where it is at.

Tonight our menu is going to be Jasmine Oolong, coconut crackers, three huge pomegranates, a large papaya, a simple chicken broth soup, trippy music, psychedelics and smiles =D

I am just totally incapable of happiness. Very depressed. Angry. Wish I had any semblance of control over my emotions.

Emotions aren't meant to be controlled, they are meant to be experienced. I hope you're able to get yourself back up on that board and surf those proverbial blue waves compañero <3

CH- great to know! <3 :D The holidays are rough for a lot of people, despite what the ads show!

Well day 4 clean from codeine and tramadol. Going into day 5 ? feeling a little better than I did. I can't wait to feel normal again.

Thanks. It wasn't even "holidays" or family related at all.

I am really glad I didn't use any hard drugs to cope with how I felt, but I think benzodiazepines should be legal and available in small quantities OTC. I only feel the need to alleviate panic/anxiety once a year or less now, and I don't see why anyone should have to suffer through a panic attack.

I'm working on acceptance and changing my perspective on things.

^^CH - Agreed! The only people who are against benzos (e.g., Xanax) being readily available in small doses (OTC) have never had a panic attack or have to pretend they haven't for sad reasons.

Merry Christmas guys. Feeling crap day 10 and I'm finding the withdrawals hard is it weird I feel bored with them now it's worrying me because I feel like I will slip up