• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

December Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. Hello Holidaze

Burtles!

I was sooooooo excited when I got on here tonight and saw you had posted! I haven't had a chance to read your posts yet to catch up on what's going on...but I had to say "welcome back! I'm so glad to see you here!"

- VE

Burtles!! I'm at about 75 days. I do remember day 4...my heart goes out to you. But you are strong enough to overcome this.

Im so glad your girlfriend is in detox - at least you don't have to worry too much about her since you know that she is safe.

Keep on going. THIS time is your time! You got this shit!

- VE

^^
thanks

even with 2 years, and 1 and a half months, I'm in physical pain and can't cope well with it :(

CH- physical pain is incredibly difficult. I'm so sorry you are dealing with it.
I've been there.
I wish I could do something besides advising taking a genetic test (which I do if you can).
All I can say is that obviously pain affects mental health and ADs are neuroprotective as well as alleviating at least some symptoms of depression.
And that I really admire your sobriety with all its own effects. Keep up the good fight!!

^^

CH- physical pain is incredibly difficult. I'm so sorry you are dealing with it.
I've been there.
I wish I could do something besides advising taking a genetic test (which I do if you can).
All I can say is that obviously pain affects mental health and ADs are neuroprotective as well as alleviating at least some symptoms of depression.
And that I really admire your sobriety with all its own effects. Keep up the good fight!!

thanks <3

It's considerably better today, but I am bleeding a bit :? :|

I can't wait for Christmas. :) Hope you all are having some good, fun, and safe holiday plans <3

So behind on my shopping dealing with the detox. All is well in that department, I lost count of days, but he's back to work and his torso section is too ;) .....now to pay attention to the areas of life I neglected in the meantime.

Good to see everyone in the December staying clean thread still going strong.

Love n light~
Kim

Thank god for the recovery center that I'm at because the holidays do not sit well with me, I'm sure a lot of yal can relate to being early in sobriety and not being really welcome around the family, well thats the case for me. I'm glad in a way that I'm in rehab to for the holidays because I have the chance to be with my fellow brothers on Christmas, and I'm almost certain that they are feeling the same type of way as I'm feeling.
I'm glad to see one of my bluelight friends from the lounge is in recovery ! thats really awesome!!

If I don't take a drink for the next 3 days then I will have 120 days sober, and this is the first time in my entire life that I am doing something about my life.

Today I am making my commitment to you guys and my higher power that I will not take a drink of alcohol or take a drug. just for today!!

Thank god for the recovery center that I'm at because the holidays do not sit well with me, I'm sure a lot of yal can relate to being early in sobriety and not being really welcome around the family, well thats the case for me. I'm glad in a way that I'm in rehab to for the holidays because I have the chance to be with my fellow brothers on Christmas, and I'm almost certain that they are feeling the same type of way as I'm feeling.
I'm glad to see one of my bluelight friends from the lounge is in recovery ! thats really awesome!!

If I don't take a drink for the next 3 days then I will have 120 days sober, and this is the first time in my entire life that I am doing something about my life.

Today I am making my commitment to you guys and my higher power that I will not take a drink of alcohol or take a drug. just for today!!

congrats D's, it isn't easy to leave the problematic drugs behind.

The holidays are challenging but I'm thankful to be able to be clean today too. <3

^^CH- how's it going? I assume you staunched the bleeding (ouch!)

CH: Glad you feel better.
Thanks for asking :) I'm actually fairly good. Psychological PAWS is awful. I get thrown off really easily, BUT I met a swimming goal I set for myself and feel great right now. <3

CH: Glad you feel better.
Thanks for asking :) I'm actually fairly good. Psychological PAWS is awful. I get thrown off really easily, BUT I met a swimming goal I set for myself and feel great right now. <3

I love swimming! Great activity. I love tennis the most but can't really find anyone to play with me.

CH - yep, tennis requires two or four!
I used to swim and run a lot, but I can't do the latter anymore. Apparently a bunch of ex-runners take up cycling, which is fairly easy where I am.
Hope you find a worthy opponent.

Hiya everyone :)

Feels like I just came up for some fresh air. This holiday season has been brutal. Thankfully my traveling for the holidaze is over, so I'm stoked on staying put.

Looking forward to having quality time with a friend tomorrow and doing it up with her for start of Hanukkah before I leave for retreat at the end of the month.

What are you fair ladies and gentlefolk doing for Christmas/Hanukkah/festivus?