• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

December Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. Hello Holidaze

I think yesterday was a dangerous day..had he not been with me, I fear how that day would have gone. At one point he commented about a 'magical pill' that would make his aches stop and give him energy. I have the gentle reminder that is not a magic pill, it's evil poison that led you hear to begin with. He agreed. But he was definitely itching yesterday. I took him to the pier when I sensed his agitation at home. Later we had a late lunch early dinner on the water. Music seems to help alot. Then around 11pm (even though I had to work and get up at 5:30 a.m.) I took him on a drive with the radio playing, we cruised several beach strips and drove an hour south before turning around and heading back. I think that drive was imperative at the moment.

Damn, @Broken74, you are showing some really good intuition, patience, and tons of generosity! He's so lucky to have you on his side. I hope you're taking care of yourself, too, though! <3

I decided to get clean (off hard drugs) for real a few months ago. I have over 3months now. I feel so much better.

Happy to see there is a sober living social thread. Cool. Lots of awesome people popping up in here.

Had our first snow a couple days ago. For someone who takes a bicycle everywhere I am not amused.

Keep up all the hard work, homies.

I decided to get clean (off hard drugs) for real a few months ago. I have over 3months now. I feel so much better.

Happy to see there is a sober living social thread. Cool. Lots of awesome people popping up in here.

Had our first snow a couple days ago. For someone who takes a bicycle everywhere I am not amused.

Keep up all the hard work, homies.

Hey, @woamotive... sounds like we have some similarities. e.g. I also live in the midwest (we just got our first snow too). Also, I'm newly off of hard drugs (heroin mainly), though I've only got 46 days.

So glad you found SL. Feel free to hit me up with a PM if you ever feel like it.
-Sim

3 months, 46 days....these things give me hope!!!!!

Simco I try, I know I could be taking better care, this is just a moment right now and he's such an awesome guy when he isn't using...he will repay me ten fold. He's so very appreciative and it makes it worth it knowing he sees it and it's saving his life. I think I might book a room at a resort this weekend. Should be therapeutic for both of us?

Welcome to the thread woa

3 months, 46 days....these things give me hope!!!!!

Simco I try, I know I could be taking better care, this is just a moment right now and he's such an awesome guy when he isn't using...he will repay me ten fold. He's so very appreciative and it makes it worth it knowing he sees it and it's saving his life. I think I might book a room at a resort this weekend. Should be therapeutic for both of us

Welcome to the thread woa

you totally rule!

<3
Sim

Thx ... just brain storming how to get him enjoying life without using.

I think simply relaxing walks is the best way to start. Thats the one thing I never ceased to enjoy and comfort myself with.

I am on my 8th or 9th day now without OxyContin. I still get such painful fatigue that I feel the need to go to bed. I can then wake up 2-4 hours later and feel even worse. Waking up in a state of fatigue+general dysphoria.

Cravings are getting lower but ocassionally hit with the sensation that I have lost a loved one.

Otherwise good mood. Drinking coffee. Enjoying music (the best part of quitting drugs was rediscovering all the music I have known and loved =)).

V you just described Johns situation to a tee. Sounds identical in the recovery process, you're both 8 days in so I guess that's how it goes. Grats!!!

still using but trying to taper off, hoping everyone is enjoying the colder weather :)

I'm enjoying it for what it's worth.

I just hate being in pain and having suicidal thoughts almost all the time :|, was hoping for things to get better as time went on

What are you trying to taper off of, serowid? Welcome to BL! :)

I just hate being in pain and having suicidal thoughts almost all the time :|, was hoping for things to get better as time went on

Man, I'm so sorry to hear it's that bad. You're amazing... seriously, I know it sounds corny, but your ability to keep yourself off opioids even though it's brutal really inspires me (and many others, I'm sure). <3

V you just described Johns situation to a tee. Sounds identical in the recovery process, you're both 8 days in so I guess that's how it goes. Grats!!!

Congratulations to the both of you!!

still using but trying to taper off, hoping everyone is enjoying the colder weather :)

What colder weather? Im in Sweden and we had +10 Celsius today.. Freakin spring weather :O

I'm enjoying it for what it's worth.

What are you trying to taper off of, serowid? Welcome to BL! :)

May I ask how long were you clean? Hang in there..
Ive felt depressed and slight sucidal ideation too unfortunately. Considering anti-depressants. Wasn't content with them in the past though.

Man, I'm so sorry to hear it's that bad. You're amazing... seriously, I know it sounds corny, but your ability to keep yourself off opioids even though it's brutal really inspires me (and many others, I'm sure). <3

Thanks man. I'm even impressed with my ability to keep going. How are you doing today? :)

May I ask how long were you clean? Hang in there..
Ive felt depressed and slight sucidal ideation too unfortunately. Considering anti-depressants. Wasn't content with them in the past though.

I had an awful withdrawal from sertraline (zoloft), so I'm probably never taking SSRI's again. I can relate.

I have 2 years, 1 month.

Kind of off topic, but CH, do you have any advice for someone hoping to come of ssris soon?

Kind of off topic, but CH, do you have any advice for someone hoping to come of ssris soon?

expect potential brain zaps, suicidal ideation, really bizarre intense physical withdrawal symptoms.

I went through it a long time ago.

Best advice is to taper slowly; the doctor's advice was awful when I came off it (100mg to 0 mg of sertraline in 4 days? :|). I would take a week or two at each lower dosage

Thanks man. Yeah, I'm planning a pretty slow taper. I'm keen to be off ssris, but I've sensed what wds could be like from a few times forgetting a dose, and I hope to minimize the discomfort.

Again, I appreciate the info!

Congrats! I notices nice changes beginning to happen around month two to three. Keep up the good work simco!