• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Best way to minimize withdrawal symptoms?

skittlezzzz

Bluelighter
So I have about a 200mg/day Oxy habit and as usual I have run out early and do not get my scripts filled for another 3 days. I have 9 Norco 10/325 pills to try and minimize the symptoms of withdrawal as much as possible but was wondering the best way to use it.

Should I use one 10mg norco every eight hours until I get my refill or should I take 15mg every 12 hours for the next three days? I will also be using lope to try and help even more. I just don't know if the 8 hour or 12 hour wait will be more worth it to keep me mildly comfortable.

I have access to diazepam and temazepam for sleep purposes but they only work for about 4 hours and then I wake up in withdrawal and nothing helps unless I take some norco. I have been taking 20mg hydrocodone every 12 hours for the past 4 days and it's worked ok to keep me not feeling sick but now I only have 3 a day.

What would your suggestions be? Plz help

Well I hate to be the first to say it , but w/ a 200/day habit , those 3 norcos aren't going to help much at all but I'm sure you know that ........ Kratom may be some help , or other w/d aids - but those 3 10's may be a cpl hours relief if you just eat them all
At 200/day , you can't fall short ..... Ever

You're obviously going to be in WD.

What I would do personally, is get that Diazepam.
It's a long acting med, a BENZO (Benzos are amazing for opiate WD)..
You mix Diazepam with that Hydrocodone you have.. you should be good dude.

I would take 2 of the 3 norco pills you have in the morning, with a good dose of Diazepam.. so you can be stabilized during the day.
Then take the 3rd in the evening with another good dose of Diazepam.

Just know your benzo tolerance though.. Mixing opiates and benzos isnt the safest thing in the world.. but with your opiate tolerance and taking a very low dose of Hydro..
you should be good.

Gabapentin, clonidine,loperamide, and a sleep med. Your good to go.

I would also agree with some of the other replies of kratom being the best bet. Although, when you take your kratom also take half of one of your norcos to help out a little. By using the right type of kratom you will not need the benzo. good luck friend. I have been there and much worse. you should be ok with the above advice.

Look up poppy seed tea.... I just recommended it in another thread like this one and don't have the energy right now find it and copy paste the post with my phone maybe later

Good luck man, I've been there and it's a nasty place to be. At least you've got some sort of comfort meds to ease it up. I would personally take one every 8 hours.