• Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(ETH-LAD / 200 ug) First Time: A Very Stoning Psych

wherethewavebroke

Greenlighter
Substance: ETH-LAD
ROA: Two 100ug tabs, taken sublingually
Duration: ~ 8 hours
Test subject: 145 lbs, male, early 20s.

This trip took place a couple of months ago. I never got around to uploading it because I'm a habitual procrastinator. More reports should be coming soon though!

Background:
I started experimenting around a year ago, and have a moderate number of psychedelic experiences under my belt. The majority of my experiences have been with LSD, but other substances I’ve used include psilocybin, 4-FA, and kratom. I am also a daily cannabis/tobacco user, and have been for around two years.

Set: My last psychedelic experience was several months prior to this one, so I had almost no tolerance. Mentally, I’ve been in a pretty good place recently. A bit stressed, but not any more than normal.

Setting: My house, where I live with a large group of friends. It’s without a doubt the place I’m most comfortable using psychedelics in, and I generally feel safe here. Most of this experience takes place in my room and a friend’s.

Prior to the trip:
Earlier in the week, I received a moderate amount of ETH-LAD and 2C-B-FLY (report to come soon!). I’ve been very interested in the RC scene, and these two substances seemed like a great place to start. I began with the ETH-LAD because of my previous experience with lysergamides (and lack of with phenethylamines).
I spent my morning doing digital art in a computer lab with my romantic partner, R. I left the lab around 1:30PM, and returned to my room. It was a bit messy and I knew this would bother me during the trip, so I cleaned up as much as I could. The only thing I had to do was wash some dishes that had accumulated, and I would be ready. I smoke a small bowl with my friend A, and go get the tabs.

T +0:00: I place the two tabs under my tongue, and head to the kitchen. I didn’t have too many dishes to wash, and I was assuming that the come-up would take around an hour. I begin washing them.

T +0:25: As I’m finishing up the dishes, I begin to feel it coming on. I feel warmer than usual, and feel some sort of indistinct, looming presence. The water appears to be a bit more sparkly than normal as it hits the sink, though this could be placebo. I quickly finish what I’m doing, and head to my room, leaving a bottle behind in my haste.

T +0:30: I arrive back in my room. I try to put a few of the dishes away, but my hands are clumsy and I stop trying when I’m halfway done. I collapse into my chair, as the body load is coming on strong. I had a small amount of lingering body euphoria from the bowl earlier. It felt like the ETH-LAD gripped this and was slowly inflaming it, the euphoric burn in my chest expanding and intensifying. My mind feels hazy, and I can’t shake the feeling that something massive, even cataclysmic, is bearing down on me. My focus drifts to the Underoath poster on my door (black concentric circles on a white background).
The visuals on this stuff are weird. It kind of resembled LSD morphing, but much slower and almost digital. There was an iridescent sheen on most surfaces. I made a .gif to describe what I mean, but it's pretty choppy looking. My hands appear very small, and I could see each vein and strand of hair distinctly.
I lose track of time as I approach the peak. The body load is very uncomfortable, and I feel really stoned. If I want to move, I have to think about it for (what I assume) are several seconds. I end up putting on “Nikes” by Frank Ocean, but turning it off halfway through. I’m still feeling warm, so I take off my shirt and turn on the fan, before lying in bed and trying to ride out the uncomfortable peak.

T +2:00: It feels like it’s been going on forever. It’s very overwhelming and I start to panic, although I don’t remember what about (I just remember repeating the word “hey” in a weak voice). I realize this could be heading in a really bad direction, so I text A for help. As soon as I see him, my panic starts to subside. (Side note: when I’m on psychs, people’s faces always look fox-like or rodent-like. It’s not offputting though, it’s kind of beautiful. Like seeing a more animalistic interpretation of humanity.)
We go in his room and start listening to music. Eventually “Alright” by Kendrick Lamar comes on, and I my trip starts to take a really positive turn. We return to my room to play Super Smash Brothers Melee. We’re both semi-competitive players and playing one of my favorite things to do while tripping. He usually beats me 6/10 times, but I win the first match easily. My (in-game) movements are very technical and almost effortless, but I keep forgetting what I’m trying to do. In addition to this, there were some very obnoxious visuals overlaid, probably due to a glare on the screen. We stop playing after a dozen or so games, and I feel much better.

T +4:00: The peak has passed completely, and I’m feeling pretty calm. Just relaxing with friends and talking about trivial things. I start texting R, who’s been busy all day. We make plans to hang out later in the night. Nothing stands out to me in these next few hours, though that could be because of how tired I feel from the emotional stress earlier. I order dinner at some point, and have no problem eating it. (Note: I never have trouble eating on psychedelics, even when I feel nauseous).

T +7:00: R comes over, but I’m not in my room when they arrive. This leads to a slapstick-style chase around the house as we’re both looking for each other. Eventually, R stops moving and waits for me to come to them. I’d had a desire to see R all day, and finally kissing them feels incredible – all anxiety gone and very happy. We go to my room and smoke a few bowls, which bring back some subtle visuals. After a hanging out for a little while we go to bed. I feel extremely content holding R, and sleep comes easily.

Overall, I learned a lot from this experience. I didn’t respect ETH-LAD, taking 2 tabs and having smoked beforehand, and I paid the consequences. I’ll be much more cautious in my further attempts. I’d like to try this again with a single tab, orally rather than sublingually.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_ethlad
substancecode_lysergamides
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
exptype_difficult
roacode_sublingual

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, thanks for sharing and welcome to Bluelight. :) Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders about psychedelics, that will serve you well. ETH-LAD is quite powerful, more potent than LSD ion my experience. I find it has less of a chaotic and "out there" headspace than LSD can, but it feels very intense and can be pretty overwhelming. I also find it more visual than LSD.

Thanks Xorkoth! Glad to be onboard.

I've tried the ETH-LAD at 100ug orally since I wrote this report. The second experience doesn't warrant a full trip report, but it was markedly different.

It was a much more calm, accepting experience. Probably one of the most serene trips of my life. I realized I had to go to a group meeting about an hour after dosing. Luckily it was with friends, and I didn't feel any anxiety during the meeting or really at any point afterwards. There was almost no visual aspect, and I just felt content and accepting of anything that could happen.

Lovely time, but I don't think I'll be experimenting more with ETH-LAD any time soon.

Well 100ug is not a very big dose, You probably didn't get all the way there.