Server is too busy?

Yes thank you for the update on this situation. I've been receiving this message ALOT lately. I came here to find out if it was ddos like attacks and I'm glad to discover it's not. Hopefully the upcoming upgrade helps.

I just wanted to say I'm grateful for this place. I now realise, more than ever, that so much more must go on than I realise to keep this place up and running. A big "thank you" to all those involved. :)

I can't be helping the situation much. Any time I get the message I just continuously hit refresh 50 or so times until I finally get through.

I could not log on due to "serve busy" error messages. Then, I got the message that I had to wait 15 minutes since I used up my 5 attempts to log on. After trying to log on, waiting at least 15 minutes between attempts, for over 2 hours... I gave up. I created this new user name and of course a new password so that I could contact BL IT support here for help.

I want my original user name back: P0kemama. Please help.

Been pretty bad today. Which is good as I am too easily distracted by this place! :D

So, swillow, does that mean my original username, P0kemama will be functional again soon??? thx.

I think if you email Alasdairm or admin from the linked email of your original account, you may get it back. I'm not sure why you can't just password reset though...?

Pretty much happens throughout the day everyday.

For me, it seems to happen in spurts. I'll be able to browse BL for 30 minutes without issue. I'll suddenly get the message and be unable to get past it for a few minutes (I just keep hitting refresh, poor server). Then it'll start working again but only for a few minutes and then the message appears for another few minutes. This can repeat 3 or 4 times and it seems to happen sporadically throughout the day (I don't use Bluelight ALL day but it these "spurts" must be happening atleast 3 or 4 times a day... Who knows, maybe even more)

Hasn't deterred me but I'm sure some get frustrated and give up. The worst is when you type up a long post, hit submit then get the message. Grrrrrr. I've gotten in the habit of copying all my posts before hitting submit, so that if I get the message I can just paste it later and resubmit.

Pretty much happens throughout the day everyday.

For me, it seems to happen in spurts. I'll be able to browse BL for 30 minutes without issue. I'll suddenly get the message and be unable to get past it for a few minutes (I just keep hitting refresh, poor server). Then it'll start working again but only for a few minutes and then the message appears for another few minutes. This can repeat 3 or 4 times and it seems to happen sporadically throughout the day (I don't use Bluelight ALL day but it these "spurts" must be happening atleast 3 or 4 times a day... Who knows, maybe even more)

Hasn't deterred me but I'm sure some get frustrated and give up. The worst is when you type up a long post, hit submit then get the message. Grrrrrr. I've gotten in the habit of copying all my posts before hitting submit, so that if I get the message I can just paste it later and resubmit.

Same here. God, this is irritating.

So is/was it an attack or just Skynet achieving awareness?

I got it a few times yesterday but I think its improved. Or people have given up.

I've been getting this a lot for the past few weeks.

Usually I just refresh a few times and that fix's it.

I know it sucks. I heard somewhere else on hear that it's from something called AppleBot, which is a search engine crawler. So, it's not an attack or anything, just annoying.

Whatever bot it is mining us, it needs to learn how to sniff all our asses without disrupting us..

istock_000020114994_small.jpg

Last edited:
Lol @ that picture. I know it's really annoying. Assuming by "applebot" they mean it comes from apple, you'd think they'd use a system that's sophisticated enough that it wouldn't cause "server is too busy" messages multiple times a day.... or hour.

Can bluelight talk to Apple about it? What search engine is it?