Server is too busy?

swilow

Sr. Moderator: AADD, CE&P, TD
Staff member
Is anyone else getting this messages a lot? They started yesterday and have continued. Seems like every 5 minutes or so Bluelight is too busy for me.

we were being hammered by applebot but it should be better now.

alasdair

It happened one more time in between your PM and trying to continue bashing my head to pieces in CE&P. I'll keep posted.

Had that message as soon as I opened Bluelight for the day.

And while trying to post this post.

Hmm, I'm still getting this very regularly. Is anyone else???

Me too but less than previouslu.

Hi guys, long time since I been here and the place is falling to bits.........lol jokes. Yeah I had this problem about an hour ago and went for about ten m9ins before I gave up.

Best wishes to all and keep smiling.

we're being hammered by 'bots. it's not a dos attack but it is causing problems. we're working on it.

thanks.

alasdair

no. it's mostly a sudden big uptick in 'bots (search engine indexers).

alasdair

I went to post about how its gotten better and that fucking message came up again...

it's been at its worst this past hour or so. at least the worst I've experienced.

I think I'll give up for the day... :\

our traffic is pretty constant - we're up about 3.5% over august which is unusual for this time of year - we seem to have been hit pretty hard by 'bots over the past week or so.

we need to upgrade our server hardware again. currently we have 4 cores and 16Gb memory. we're planning to upgrade to 12 cores and 32Gb memory. current plan is to do this within the next two weeks or so which will require bl to be off-line for about an hour or two tops. update on that closer to the time.

to put this all in perspective, year to date we've served 23,521,742 page views to 7,948,961 users.

i know it's frustrating but we're working on it and the upgrade should address the issue for some time.

alasdair

Thanks for the update. I feel lost without bluelight.