• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Binge drinking - lightheadedness

Well today was another day.

I was tired after being unable to get to sleep and for whatever reason I still woke up only a few hours later. But I still managed to get a run in this morning.

Then I went and spoke with a friend in regards to helping her with her cleaning business. And then set to work advertising - just hanging flyers, putting out cards, posting ads online. Hoping to be working fulltime come January. Ill be happy to get to work simply so I feel more productive

The rest of the day was lazy.
And I notice Ive been quite negative today too.

Hoping life will flow the other way tomorrow.

Sounds like a cool job prospect. Those are always good for the morale IMO. That is exciting to know you'll have a full time job lined up come the new year.

Cool? Im not sure Id classify cleaning as cool but basically Id be working for myself and that sounds a lot better to me than working some equally unexciting job for someone else. And I mean the pay is good (its amazing what people pay for cleaning services) so by full time I mean fulltime pay at ~20 hours haha, which would give me plenty of time to tend to my other projects.

My plan is to help her grow the business and eventually bring employees in at a fair wage. Ive worked for cleaning companies before and the pay is garbage while the company charges $35 (or more) an hour the employees only get $13 (well that was before minimum wage went up). I realize I dont understand all the costs associated with running a business but it seems like we have an easily exploitable business opportunity if we pay a living wage.... But for now my focus is to simply strum up some business. We already got a few hits on our ad, hopefully theyll play out.
In other news. I actually made it to bed on time last night and got up at a decent hour. I did some chores and even ate breakfast (something I havent done in 2 weeks). Id love to get back to my morning routine and these are the first steps in that direction. I also need to start preparing food and eating healthy again, these last two weeks were cringe worthy in that regard and it only leads to more problems (not following my other healthy habits).

Anyways its starting to get light out so I think its time for a run.

Enjoy your Tuesday.

Working for yourself sounds cool more so I guess.

When you go on runs, do you plan them out well in advance or are they more spontaneous things? Is it just with drinking, or do you use other stuff along with the alcohol on a run?

Wait... what?
By run I mean jog. There are trails around, they range from 2-6 km. I dont usually run on anything, though sometimes Ill go if Im stoned lol... I havent drank in over two months now

Hahaha I totally misread you earlier post LOL, my bad. I was reading like you were planning to use alcohol. Glad to hear it has absolutely nothing in common with that kind of thing. And is actually something quite helpful.

Trail running and hiking and long walks were instrumental in my coming off methadone, I can totally related to the joy you take in healthy outdoor activity like that :)

Also I just made some chocolates for the first time:
Cocao butter, cacao powder, honey, maple syrup, vanilla... Then i experimented adding peppermint, orange and lemon oils and peanut butter.. All organic and raw where possible
So good

Nice. Cooking is so much fun and also so rewarding, especially when things turn out well. A lot of joy to be had in that. Quite the useful hobby or passion.

Ya I didnt get to a run. But it had nothing to do with booze and Im so thankful thats no longer even a legitamite thought these days. Ive recognized even on my worst days without booze im exponetially better than my best days on booze.

My friend texted this morning and I went to work for 3 hours instead.

The rest of my day was productive. Cleaned and rearranged my room. Makes way more sense now and flows better. Maybe there is something to fung shui (sp?)

Ya cooking is cool.
Tastes great and is key to survival. 2 points.
But baking healthy desserts?
Yes please! Where do i sign up.

Well Im slowly picking up cleans as we strum up business. I worked for another couple hours yesterday. 6 today. 15 next week.
Which means less financial stress (even though Ill make January rent I was still stressing).

Im still struggling to find balance with all my activities. Its not like I have a lack of time... just a lack of ??? but Im learning.
Anyways I should make it out for a run this morning.
Then to some chores before work.
Until later.

Hi TOC, I am struggling with the same thing since I started drinking again in September. I used to be really active kayaking sailing and cycling. Now when I'm not working or at a meeting I'm just parked in front of the TV watching cable news. Of course it doesn't help that it's been really cold by Florida standards and since moving out of my house two years ago I've moved so much that I don't know where my cold weather clothes are. I could always clean but what fun is that :)

It isn't generally as problematic or dramatic as booze or heroin addiction for sure, but IME TV watching can be an addiction in its own right. I'm reading the Globalization of Addiction so this thought it forefront in my mind just now. Just saying ;)

^^^ this!
I had no tv until I moved in with friends. Now that its not just a tiny screen i watch movies and series all the time. We dont have cable, just stream/download.

So this weekend Im giving my externak harddrive with like 2 tbs of movies to my ex.

Ya I can still download and watch but Im hoping itll help me to reduce my down time and encourage me to be more productive, in any form.

So I went up to my exs for the weekend because it was my daughters birthday party.
It was a good weekend and a good party. Saturday we went tobogganing and played some board games and sunday we had the party.

My exs partner enjoys a weekend drink and after a very snowy/stressful 4 hour drive up I had no intention of refusing his offer for a beer.
Had 2 more Sunday night as well.

Im not sure how I feel about this. At the time I thought nothing of it - just a way to mellow out after the drive and again after 4 hours of crazy kids

Obviously I dont want this to become a habit again. But this is how my last binge went right before moving. Though times were stressful then.
Truthfully Im not really worried because it didnt seem to have the same draw it once did. But at the same time, its almost like I could feel it.
Like an undertow pulling at your ankles. Waiting for you to fall and drag you out to sea.

Proceed with caution I suppose.

Anyways... I still managed to get to bed at a good time.
Woke for 4 and started out on my journey back home so I could make it to work for 9.
Put in another solid day of work today.
More inquires to our ad as well.

Tired now. Dinner, movie and bed.

ttfn

Hi TOC, sounds like you had a good weekend. Snow is forecast while I'm in Tennessee, so if snow is forecast at relatively low elevation Nashville (~600 ft. above sea level), there should be substantial snow in the mountains. I'm planning on doing a hike in the mountains on the 30th, so it may end up being a snowshoe hike (fingers crossed). I love winter hiking. The woods seem so light and airy with the trees bare. Glad you were able to limit your beer consumption. Take care, AIH

Last edited:
A hike in the mountains sounds wonderful aihfl.

And snow shoes .. classic... My exs partner is into that sorta stuff and was asking this weekend if I/my daughter had a pair. Noope - I wish. Perhaps those will be in the budget for next year.But I still love winter hiking (in less snow or packed trails - but its not quite the same). Everything seems so still and at rest, its peaceful. Inspiring almost. Like Id like to get to that level of peace on a daily basis ha.

Seems my sleep schedule is reverting back to earlier bed/wake times now that I quit smoking pot constantly.
Havent started back into my routine but Im sure itll come in time. Perhaps once Im over this cold (which seems to be improving already).

Christmas is coming. Im having people for dinner on sunday. And Im still unprepared.
Perhaps I should start giving some thought to what I want to cook / a cooking schedule - its good to be prepared.

Good for you for cooking Christmas dinner. Last year I bought a pre-cooked meal from an upscale grocery store and this year my mother and I are meeting a former mentor who is retired from the Nashville Symphony (she doesn't have any family left) at my favorite "soul food" restaurant, then on Christmas evening, I'm sure I'll be needing to get away from mom by then, I have plans to go see a movie with a high school friend. There are some good movies coming out on Christmas Day: Molly's Game and All the Money in the World. Also, Darkest Hour will have been out for a while as well. As a Christmas gift to myself I also scheduled myself a massage on the 28th.

Soul food, sounds delicious!
I honestly havent heard of any of those movies. No cable tv = a cave. And I think I like it that way ha ... A movie and a massage? Sounds like a nice way to treat yourself.
Im thinking my christmas gift to myself will be psychedelic in nature, literally. ha...

Just briefly a funny story about "soul food;" when I was a college student in Chicago, my friend kept telling me, "we have to go over to the west side to have soul food." I thought I was going to be treated to some sort of exotic cuisine (being the hayseed from the south) and when we finally went, I took one look at the menu and my reaction was, "this is what everybody eats!" In the north it's looked at as African-American cuisine, but it makes perfect sense because in the south, who would have been doing the cooking?

Darkest Hour is a movie starring Gary Oldman as Winston Churchill during the Battle of Britain; All the Money in the World is the true story of J. Paul Getty who would not give into the extortion demands of the criminals who abducted his grandson; this film actually achieved some notoriety because Kevin Spacey originally played J. Paul Getty but given the harassment allegations, all his scenes were re-shot with Christopher Plummer, one of my fave actors; Molly's Game stars Jessica Chastain and is also the true story of Molly Bloom who ran a underground poker empire in Hollywood. All of them sound really good and I'm sure I'll be needing to get away by Christmas evening.

Im not sure why but as soon as I read soul food, in the first post you mentioned it, I was reminded of Careless Whispers by George Michael. Specifically, guilty feet have got no rhythm... But Ive been trying to figure out what soulful food doesnt have :-S ...
Soulful food has got no _______
... sorry Im not even stoned lol... maybe I was when I first thought of it but definitely not now :p

Of the movies you ran a synopsis of Id have to say All the Money in the World sounds the most intriguing despite not knowing who J. Paul Getty is. Followed by Mollys Game and then Darkest Hour... Are you more inclined one way or the other?