• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

MDMA Powder Purity AKA Purity for dummies!

erm....

Greenlighter
How does purity work in terms of testing product...

Clearly dealers, especially street dealers, cut their MDMA. My question is this:-

If my various raegent tests have come up positive for a batch of powder/ crystal MDMA, does that mean at least 50% of it is MDMA. If at least 50% of it wasn't MDMA, it wouldn't test positive? Or is that a stupid statement to make.

Other than acetone washing my powder, is there anyway of determining how 'pure' my MDMA is? I am considering taking 130mg as an initial dose, but don't want to find that this is not enough. I will be dropping at a gig, and don't want to carry any more MDMA around with me than I'm going to us. Is 130mg a high enough dose when you don't know how pure your substance is.

As long as the sample contains MDMA it will show up as positive. Purity is another matter. Most pills I've tested are 25-35%, the rest is filler. They still show up as MDMA.

How does purity work in terms of testing product...

Clearly dealers, especially street dealers, cut their MDMA. My question is this:-

If my various raegent tests have come up positive for a batch of powder/ crystal MDMA, does that mean at least 50% of it is MDMA. If at least 50% of it wasn't MDMA, it wouldn't test positive? Or is that a stupid statement to make.

Other than acetone washing my powder, is there anyway of determining how 'pure' my MDMA is? I am considering taking 130mg as an initial dose, but don't want to find that this is not enough. I will be dropping at a gig, and don't want to carry any more MDMA around with me than I'm going to us. Is 130mg a high enough dose when you don't know how pure your substance is.

If you don't know the purity of the substance you cannot just guess the dosage. Do you know what it is being cut with - reagents can tell you if other active substances have been used (speed, RC's) etc but if it is just MDMA and something inert you will not know.

Thanks both

It tested on 4x regents as MDMA and as directed on the reagent card. There was nothing untoward.

The marquis fizzed and changed to purple-black within less than a second.

If it's cut, which it will be, I guess it's with someone inactive?

I will start with 130mg and hope for the best.

If you're still suspicious I would say start with less than normal so if things do go awry you have more control. You can always take more but you can never take less!