• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids A post for the kratom fans- A GC-MS analysis of UEI and FST

SonOfDatura

Greenlighter
Hi there All- i am new to bluelight, but ive been lurking for 7-8 years. I am a chemist, and ive been doing a little research project on the side with kratom. Today i analyzed two infamously popular and notoriously potent kratom "extracts", UEI and FST, from the vendor many know and love. I have seen, over the last few years, a great deal of speculation as to the "secret ingredient" of these unusually potent and addictive extracts. well, i was able to get my hands on some, and tested them with an Agilent single quadrapole GC-MS. What i found was somewhat surprising. Both the UEI and FST were found to contain significant amounts of O-desmethyltramadol. in fact, this appeared to be practically the only active ingredient in both. in the FST, i found not even a trace of mitragynine or the associated alkaloids. So anyway- i thought i would post this for two reasons; to hopefully provide some clarity to the speculation ive seen about these two products, and to serve as a warning of caution to those users who arnt expecting their kratom product to be adulterated with a potentially dangerous RC. for those interested, i will try and post screen shots of the chromatographs and spectra sometime tommorrow. ~Stay safe~

Thanks for the contribution and welcome to BL ?

That's terrible to hear. Very glad we know! And honestly, that doesn't really surprise me :/

The quality and adultered contents of these extract products probably isn't consistent over time. I wouldn't be surprised if "they" (whoever is responsible for manufacturing these extracts) use whatever is cheaply and easily available at that moment in time.

Meaning: the sample you tested contains o-dt but I bet that hasn't always nor will always be the case. Especially with the proliferation of Fentanyl derivatives these days. I've heard from a couple kratom extract users who were convinced their extracts contain a fent like compound. I know not where they obtained them, but it's still worth mentioning...

I think, mostly, what this proves is that these extracts are not what they claim to be. Consumers should proceed with caution. For now it seems o-dt may be added, tomorrow? Who knows.

Well of course it's only the one sample that was tested. But this isn't the first time kratom extracts were found to contain o-desmethyl- tramadol

I think the take home message is that the extracts very well could be contaminated even if your vendor is considered reputable, and o-desmethyl-tramadol can have nasty interactions with other meds, and it can pretty easily cause seizures on its own.

Thanks for the welcoming! i decided i can no longer be a passive observer. my passion for psychoactives is too great.

Thanks for your efforts and have a good time here! Not really surprising, I advocate to don´t even touch this shit. There were Kratom extracts with ODT some years ago, if I remember correctly they were called Krypton.

You just saved me money because I wanted to get them tested as well. Thank you for this. Please post screen shots if you can.

Not to knock your 1 test but I have used kratom on and off for 10 years and I do not believe for 1 minute that there is o-dt in these products. I have had my share of FST and prolonged use of it can cause mild addiction so always use extracts with caution. The reason I do not believe this is because many people have tested these extracts over the years since the krypton debacle and not once was that detected. Kratom is having a hard enough time now with the DEA so posts like this do not help this wonderfull plant. I know many people who have used these extracts and not once have I ever heard of someone having a seizure including myself.
A lot of people depend on this plant for many things including getting off the hard stuff. The DEA has the FDA running there own tests since september so if there was a hint of o-dt in any extract you would have heard about it. If you do not abusive this plant it can help with many ailments.

Just my 2 cents..

Not to knock your 1 test but I have used kratom on and off for 10 years and I do not believe for 1 minute that there is o-dt in these products. I have had my share of FST and prolonged use of it can cause mild addiction so always use extracts with caution. The reason I do not believe this is because many people have tested these extracts over the years since the krypton debacle and not once was that detected. Kratom is having a hard enough time now with the DEA so posts like this do not help this wonderfull plant. I know many people who have used these extracts and not once have I ever heard of someone having a seizure including myself.
A lot of people depend on this plant for many things including getting off the hard stuff. The DEA has the FDA running there own tests since september so if there was a hint of o-dt in any extract you would have heard about it. If you do not abusive this plant it can help with many ailments.

Just my 2 cents..

You might be right, but actually part of the problem with the FDA is the fact that they aren't running tests on supplements. Most things marketed as a supplement have little to no regulation by the FDA, and IMO, that might be one reason why kratom ends up illegal. Quality control is largely at the discretion of companies, and it's very possible for someone to sell a tramadol analogue and label it as a kratom extract. Of course, they can end up getting burned badly if they're caught, but there's no regulatory agency that's testing every supplement product from every company. You really can't be certain of what you're getting without a third party analysis

I can't really say how frequently synthetic products are mislabeled as extracts. I'm inclined to believe that it's infrequent, but Im certain it happens at least part of the time. Also, there are reports of people having seizures, and contaminated products would be a really simple explanation.

Was the UEI tested or just the FST? I find it interesting that even the UEI didnt have kratom present, when the powder appears to be kratom?

The OPs claims regarding the real UEI (all originating from a single source) are 100% accurate. A friend of mine learned this the hard way. He was attending a pain management clinic for DDD, and was subjected to a random UA/drug screen. Only stuff he was taking at the time was plain-leaf, UEI (purchased directly from the original source), and Norco (prescribed from the pain clinic). LC-MS/MS was positive for O-DMT and hydrocodone (negative for everything else, including Tramadol and N-DMT), and he was kicked out of the pain clinic.

Somehow tho, UEI feels different than PL Kratom and O-DMT. Something is still different about the UEI in my experience.

Interesting thread. I was addicted to FST for a bit, but I'm sure it wasn't O-DST as I'd go into full blown WD within an hour, sometimes even less, of dosing. That leads me to believe that FST and really any "enhanced" form of kratom are laced with various opioid RCs pretty commonly. Although I stuck to one vendor, my FST was always consistent. I have one bottle left with a tiny bit of dried up residue, I wonder if it'd even be possible to analyze at this point, but I suggest staying away from any of these enhanced kratom products.