• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

A final farewell to the community...

Sporehead

Bluelighter
[This post was made by a close friend of morbiddoctor/sporehead, to allow his online friends to send well-wishes and their goodbyes]

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On the morning of 11/16/2016, morbiddoctor (AKA sporehead) left us. This has come as a shock to his friends and family, as he has made great strides to deal with his struggle with drug use to try to find some sense of normalcy in this world. Unfortunately, the substance that allowed him to stay here also helped him leave. It is with great sorrow that I am posting this farewell in his honor.

Morbiddoctor is an amazing, unique individual who is a beacon that brought so many beautiful people together. His love for his family and friends is palpable and everyone who met him were immediately drawn to him. He lived life in search of something to love and ground himself. He found many hobbies along the way, and took great strides to learn as much as he could and share it with the people he chose to surround himself with.

I would just like to plead to anyone who may be struggling with depression, self-acceptance or any other mental or health issues to tell someone before you take your life. Sporehead had so many friends that would have come to his aid, but his actions were impulsive, quick and silent. We will all truly miss him and all of our future experiences that will never be.

On behalf or morbiddoctor, I would like to thank everyone in this community for their support and all of the time we have shared together.

Farewell, and good luck on all of your journeys!

If anyone is willing to share any stories, or just leave a personal message I will pass them on to his family and friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know him but since you asked for a personal message I'd like to honor him by honoring his decision to leave this world if that was what happened. To honor a person is to honor all their choices and trust that in self determination they know what was in their own best interest. This imo is the best way to honor someone we cared for loved and admired.

Very well said Cosmic Trigger, and I couldn't agree more.

To the OP, you have my deepest sympathies. Please know that morbiddoctor/sporehead has found peace. Dealing with chronic depression and mental health issues can be very painful and cumbersome. Please don't think your friend selfish as no one can say for certain the amount of pain they were experiencing everyday, and sadly, there are no guaranteed treatments to sure mental pain. Honor him as a person and the time that you have had together, cherish your memories, and take solace in knowing he is no longer in pain. I am sorry for your loss.

I am going to move this to the Shrine. TDS --> Shrine