Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Do You Think We Are In The End Times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
I personally believe strongly that we are. However, it has nothing to do with any recent news events. I have felt this way for my entire adult life, and I have had unusual inklings about something along those lines even when I was still growing up. I think that the "end of civilization" will occur over the course of several decades rather than being a sudden occurrence. While I have not yet taken any steps in preparation of the collapse of civilization, I have begun to think about doing so. This is concerning for humanity, but I think humans will survive the collapse. I think that the survivors of the collapse will start a society anew, and this new version of civilization will end up being far more advanced in all ways, not just technologically but spiritually. I do not have a precise "doomsday date", as I think it will be a slow process rather than a sudden occurrence. However, I think that civilization as we know it will be more or less disintegrated by the mid-late 21st century. What are your thoughts on this? Do you feel that the end of civilization as we know it is near?

No.

I think we're in degenerate times though, where a lot of people are lost because they place their entire faith and self-understanding in external things.

There's nothing beyond this moment and I feel that people who are attached to fantasizing or theorizing about the apocalypse need to re-examine their own lives.

The world changes when each person changes themselves and not before.

No.

I think we're in degenerate times though, where a lot of people are lost because they place their entire faith and self-understanding in external things.

There's nothing beyond this moment and I feel that people who are attached to fantasizing or theorizing about the apocalypse need to re-examine their own lives.

True that. I'm not a Bible scholar but if I recall no one knows that. Only the Father shall.

No.

Every generation has felt and thought that they lived in the "end times". Everyone wants to be special. That is as far as the religious doomsday speculations go.

As far as environmental problems and changes... yeah, climate change is a real thing, even independent of the human factor. Environmental conditions change on Earth periodically all the time, and the current state won't last forever. Whether something significant will happen within our lifetimes, that I don't know.

I think it's a long game or sort of slow-play. Not like an over-night thing like we're made to expect. Probably playing out over many generations. But there seems to be both a spiritual awakening and decay of civilisation going on at the same time. People are getting more corrupt, and dumber.

Certainly now would be more likely than times in the past. Now the world is more one than it has ever been, and in senses more divided.

No other time has the potential been as great as now. Perhaps tomorrow we could say the same, but again, now is different than other generations simply because of how connected we are.

No, I do not think so. Concerned about international relations a bit. That's all.

I don't believe in "The End."

I think that we are coming to the end of an abundance of food, water, and natural resources. What that means for the future of humanity is difficult to say, but I think the world will be a very different place. Enjoy the jungles, delicious seemingly unlimited food supply, unlimited water, and wildlife while it's around!

I was also guessing around 2050, give or take ten years. We're all too greedy in my view.

Every generation has felt and thought that they lived in the "end times". Everyone wants to be special. That is as far as the religious doomsday speculations go.

Yes, and it's how the fear instilled within religion maintains control over each generation. If we never know the day or the hour then it could be anytime, and therefore you better be performing your due diligence in the faith or you might not be saved.

Hindus know we are in the Kaliuga but they aren't worried about it. They acknowledge it as a point on a circle rather than a linear timeline with an ultimate end.

My sense is that people who believe in an ultimate end are really stuck in duality. That said, humans could create their own hell realm with a lot of death and destruction that is long lasting, but even if it were to last 2,000 years, it would be temporary.

Who am I to say though. Maybe the apocalypse will be tomorrow and all the Christians will get beamed while the rest of us rot :)

I think that would have to be Christian in spirit, not necessarily by faith.

Well.

I guess I'm rotting.

I'm sure we're in the end of a certain time, but not the end of times. A lot of things are ending, just not civilization or some spiritual mumbo jumbo.

The world is indeed in a critical spot, given recent current events, but that's just people.

Shit happens.

It's not really politically correct to hold any beliefs like that in a materialist culture. What is more of a concern is not being laughed at. But not everyone are so afraid of being laughed at, that's kind of a boring way to live

Last edited:
Yes. I feel on a physical level we're about to get "touched" by forces we won't be able to control. In our lifetimes or the next generation our civilization is going to crumble. There are many many reasons and those who disagree with this don't have much intuitive capacity.

You can try to reason with god and nature in words and concepts but the true reality is on a mathematical level I believe that we're approaching a collective paradigm shift on the concept of survival.

Yes, God has shown me some work he wants me to do to help raise consciousness in the coming years, so I'll be focusing on that.

We are always in the end times. When the world began we entered into end times.

There are many many reasons and those who disagree with this don't have much intuitive capacity.

I dislike statements like this, I find them arrogant and dismissive. It's basically saying, hey if you don't agree with me, you're an idiot.

Anyway our civilization will eventually crumble because they all do. Not sure how quickly it will happen, the Roman empire lasted for like 2000 years or something. It is certain that there are forces at work in our culture that are corrosive. it's also certain that our practices are exponentially advancing global climate change. As to whether this will cause civilization to crumble, no one can say until it happens (or doesn't happen). I understand the feeling that it will happen soon, I've had that feeling too and struggle with it and go back and forth. But someone might come to different conclusion through a different thought process, and they might be right. Who knows? No one can see the future.

Either way it won't be the end of humanity if our civilization crumbles. It'll just lead to widespread chaos and hardship for many, many people, and will eventually give rise to another civilization. The same pattern that's been replayed throughout human history many times.

i certainly feel as if we are reaching a boiling point within our current 'system' here in the west. I guess time will tell...?

Get to the woods and bury some beans! ;-)

the world is not a fair place, therefore do not expect a fair fight, if this is the end times I refuse to die a dog therefore the universe wont allow me to die til I am a man. if you are in a bad way do everything you can to stay positive because negativity can kill blessed is anyone who can lift there eyes to the light in the midst of all this darkness.

it is hard for me to write things down I don't know why but ill tell you I felt chakras before I was told what they were, I used yoga hand positions because it just felt right(I never have been taught yoga) and now I believe ive been to sheol because I was there and lived through it and was able to find a matching description of what I went through on google, I know some people consider me a dog cause I learned it through experience but that don't make it right, thankfully I'm a better person because I was born really really bad but I cant continue to be used has a tool like I have been, btw ive used meth for almost twenty years and believe for me it is the gateway to sheol but I cant speak for everyone maybe other drugs make other people feel the same way if you have issues with meth I am pulling for you in our corner please try and stay positive ive never been so sad in my life except on that drug I think you can die from sadness like that I almost have twice.

yes. REPENT! THE END IS NIGH!

kidding...but not joking. happy holidays!

-jammin

Status
Not open for further replies.