• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Do You Think We Are In The End Times?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if we don't change our ways and continue this over consumer capitalist society things could go tits up on a finite planet, I give it 50 years then things are going to hit that fan. Who knows!

Could is the key word. If there is a chance something will happen, and a chance it won't, are we certain it will AND won't?

Mm. Identity the conditions that support the argument human society is in debt to the god of failure and he's going to unleash a massive load on us people, and then maybe we'll be capable of preventing it.

I believe it was T.S. Elliot who said "The world will end not with a bang, but with a whimper."

"The end of the world doesn't come suddenly, without warning
To imagine it does it to be fooled by popular misconception, and thus fail to recognize the larger picture.

The end of the world is an ongoing process.
It starts slowly, imperceptibly, and blossoms unnoticed in our very midst,
Until it has engulfed all that there is, and none are free from its spell."

Boyd Rice

I think if we don't change our ways and continue this over consumer capitalist society things could go tits up on a finite planet, I give it 50 years then things are going to hit that fan. Who knows!
I think it will be around the same timeline. 50 years from now, civilization is going to be toast. There will be full fledged chaos worldwide, possibly even involving things like people bludgeoning each other to death for remaining food in supermarkets, nuclear wars breaking out, and other horrors that seem largely unimaginable to most of us now. It's going to be bad, real, real bad..... full on collapse of civilization and a total shutdown of the world economy. Things are already moving in that direction. By the end of next decade, I think that more people will begin to clearly notice that we're on very shaky ground. The good thing is that the survivors of this armageddon will build up a world that is far more advanced than what we have now. I've already begun to read a bit on wilderness survival and plan to take other steps to prepare myself, including measures that the general, largely uninformed public would probably find a bit alarmist, such as beginning to hoard canned food within the next few years. Although, I haven't gotten started on that stuff yet as we probably do have a bit of time..... though not much really.

Last edited:
Yes I am doing my best to repent and give praise and devotion to Jesus in hopes of being part of the church (the real Church) that will be raptured in the event of the end times.

If the end times are not in my lifetime I am prepared to defend myself if forces of wickedness in high places should send their minions to demand I renounce my faith and I am prepared for war if people start burning the Word of God, the Holy Bible.

It could happen tonight and nothing could stop the end from unfolding.

I think absolutely no one except the Creator knows when. But there are signs. Could be 100+ years from now, could be 20 minutes from now. No one knows.

All times are end times. This world will get swept away and made new again. Who knows when?

^

There's probably many planets out there that once had life, maybe even as far along as our planet, that in the blink of an eye were wiped clean by such solar or cosmic radiation events and/or a failure in the protective shielding that provides a buffer to the intense energies of space. It may have even happened on this planet before and we would have no way of really knowing, and it may yet happen to us leaving nothing in the end except for structures built of the earth itself such as the pyramids of giza.

The problem is that the Universe gets bigger and cooler. Ever since the Big Bang, it expands, much like an expanding ball of fire after an explosion. Right now, the Universe is still young. It has these cute stars and twinkling galaxies. But in the long run, that will change. Slowly but inevitably, the Universe will empty itself.

I disagree with this hypothesis - I do not believe the Universe is expanding at all, and that there is actually good evidence to support the claim. If you're interested you might like to look into the work of the astronomer Halton Arp.

Uncadollas, P&S is for discussions and is not a personal posting board. Please create a Bluelight blog if you want to make post after post in absence of dialogue with others. Thank you.

This thread has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.