• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Beginning of Ascension: Some of my perceptions

Yes, but sounds like a tall order. I don't think I'll be impressed with myself before I can walk on water. Why not, right? Levitation apparantly isn't even that uncommon. We've just been fed fairy tales that only one person in history ever did it, and no explanation of his Yoga background.

Last edited:
Think people place way too much faith in the Indians being correct on this subject, it's a sort of 'exotic' culture bias. All the terminology, fancy symbols and so forth. And in the end everyone gets drawn to the visual component it seems.. always about the third eye and visuals! Definitely seems to be a tendency to be drawn to the hypnotic colours and patterns among psychedelic users (or pleasurable sensations). Don't get wrapped up in them.. it's no more relevant than the colours and illusions of the physical world. You'll just end up chasing distractions as we do in real life.. they won't do much to progress you - eventually people realize this anyway.

You need to come at things with a critical mind in the same way you would examine aspects of our physical world.

Its difficult from your post to tell if you have some information or just an opinion. You've mentioned don't do what we are doing and you've vaguely told me I apparently know some risks that you speak about in a cloaked manner.

I've chose to talk about visual stimulation because we can both at least stay on the same page. If I asked about moving energy inside your body or something that is a lot more feeling vs visual it would be a more difficult place to start. Despite the great philosophical debate in other threads bright blue still gets the same mental image for all of us but the feeling of blocking energy on purpose etc is much more difficult to describe.

If you have had a kundalini awakening and would like to share some insightful knowlege, this would be a good thread. IMO this has only begun for me and is still an ongoing event. I was not looking for this, I didn't know what was happening and had to look it up online. Sex is now officially as insanely good as it was at 16, and far more frequent. Really that's just a side effect but I'll take it. Clear headed thinking, motivation and vision. Disregard the visuals if you'd like or let them be, there are far greater much more subtle things that have happened.

Those are some of the things I've been experiencing. Kundalini energy can also make you insanely strong, though. Like you have a force that gives you 10 times your regular strength going through your muscles. This is why it's worked with in martial arts, I guess.

Its difficult from your post to tell if you have some information or just an opinion. You've mentioned don't do what we are doing and you've vaguely told me I apparently know some risks that you speak about in a cloaked manner.

I've chose to talk about visual stimulation because we can both at least stay on the same page. If I asked about moving energy inside your body or something that is a lot more feeling vs visual it would be a more difficult place to start. Despite the great philosophical debate in other threads bright blue still gets the same mental image for all of us but the feeling of blocking energy on purpose etc is much more difficult to describe.

If you have had a kundalini awakening and would like to share some insightful knowlege, this would be a good thread. IMO this has only begun for me and is still an ongoing event. I was not looking for this, I didn't know what was happening and had to look it up online. Sex is now officially as insanely good as it was at 16, and far more frequent. Really that's just a side effect but I'll take it. Clear headed thinking, motivation and vision. Disregard the visuals if you'd like or let them be, there are far greater much more subtle things that have happened.

I can tell you right now if you were having a 'kundalini awakening' sex would be the last thing on your mind - the 'process of kundalini', which in a nutshell is sublimation of energy, requires the energy you dissipate through sex. However I'm not convinced kundalini is a process/journey anyway, I think that's cultural overlay on to a biophysical process that no one actually understands that well. From personal experience I've never felt any dramatic surge up the spine or that associated cultural overlay, however the most profound experience I did have during meditation where my head essentially exploded with light and I ended up in a place similar to a full blown NN-DMT experience did begin with a sensation that felt like a subtle force drawing upwards through the body with a sense of anticipation/terror that I was about to be overwhelmed.

Those things can be very beautiful visually speaking.. anyone who's had a NN-DMT experience will attest to that. But it's a sideshow. Bright lights and swirly patterns are mesmerizing but they don't tell you anything about yourself, which is really what you should be after. There's plenty of stories of people who followed bliss, colours, elves and what have you, and they don't always have happy endings. Focusing on the visual element also embodies an element of self-hypnosis, which again is not conducive to finding out about yourself.

Personally I feel there's more value in elucidating the mental process one undergoes when progressing through a relaxed state into a deep relaxed state in meditation, and how to retain enough lucidity without falling into a dream or internal visual state. All of my most profound experiences have occured by allowing the body to fall asleep whilst keeping the mind awake and riding your own ray of awareness backwards.. as opposed to going forwards towards visions and colours. It's difficult to convey that process in language and how to enact it because everyone has different thought patterns.. but essentially it's what Ramana Maharshi talks about.. being deeply introspective and trying to examine where it is exactly that this "I" thought emerges from. That's the doorway. Know Thy Self.

Last edited:
Turns out I may have been a little further away from the end of integration than I thought. 'Realizing there're still a lot of broken pieces of 'self' to integrate back into being as the higher self rises forth.

I've been experimenting with a technique a buddy taught me one time but with a twist of my own. It has to do with storing energy by reducing it's size (I assume this would make the energy more stable) and moving it slowly through the body. But from what I understand, you have to store the energy in one of the three known dantians unless you plan on using it immediately. Not sure if it's really doing anything, but I can see my dantians light up when I store it 'correctly'. Seeing as how I can't use my abilities as they are still blocked, I might as well just store energy.

And if it's not doing anything, I guess I don't really care. 'Life's been a major waste up to this point anywho.

I can tell you right now if you were having a 'kundalini awakening' sex would be the last thing on your mind - the 'process of kundalini', which in a nutshell is sublimation of energy, requires the energy you dissipate through sex. However I'm not convinced kundalini is a process/journey anyway, I think that's cultural overlay on to a biophysical process that no one actually understands that well. From personal experience I've never felt any dramatic surge up the spine or that associated cultural overlay, however the most profound experience I did have during meditation where my head essentially exploded with light and I ended up in a place similar to a full blown NN-DMT experience did begin with a sensation that felt like a subtle force drawing upwards through the body with a sense of anticipation/terror that I was about to be overwhelmed.
I was looking around for some kind of evidence to check the validity of your statements. This is pretty much all I found:

"This all being said, and in drawing the essence from Gopi’s experience, it is easy then to understand why part of the Kundalini process can be to feel the extremes of sexual activity and, conversely, inactivity. A person experiencing K may feel a hyperactive sexual drive ~ whilst for other people with unawakened K or simply lesser appetites, this may be problematic. Conversely, one may go through a long period of celibacy due to a total lack of sexual desire. I have been through both periods and they have been polarizing."

Given we're dealing with a subject that isn't substantiated beyond subjective descriptions, validity isn't something you're likely to find on the topic. I don't believe the whole thing is a process, just a biophysical mechanism that involves the sublimation of sexual/gland energy upwards into mental energy for the use of application on a problem.. whether spiritual or just a really complex maths problem. The idea that it is some mystical process of unfolding strikes me as being more to do with the desire of individuals to want their to be some special process to which they can engage.. it's part of the Western fascination with Indian and Eastern esoteric thought. Don't forget the people in those places are people too.. got to sell something to make a living!

Given we're dealing with a subject that isn't substantiated beyond subjective descriptions, validity isn't something you're likely to find on the topic. I don't believe the whole thing is a process, just a biophysical mechanism that involves the sublimation of sexual/gland energy upwards into mental energy for the use of application on a problem.. whether spiritual or just a really complex maths problem. The idea that it is some mystical process of unfolding strikes me as being more to do with the desire of individuals to want their to be some special process to which they can engage.. it's part of the Western fascination with Indian and Eastern esoteric thought. Don't forget the people in those places are people too.. got to sell something to make a living!

So to be fair I didn't want to just come on here with out even looking up my experience and trying to get a name that could apply. The snake feeling freaked me out at first and I had to drop a lot of mental symbolism that flooded into my head. Stuff I've made up, over years of listening to random dribble people make up. All of them are well meaning people, they have added some strange idea I don't need to my world view. Ideas that don't hold up. I had to try a second time with out so much self. Now it comes more naturally. I'm not seeking to follow someone's path, I'm seeking a path to a goal and this whole kundalini event may be a side bar but to this point I have not had a wasted lesson.

Do you think Kundalini is fair name for me to use since it draws up eastern, probably Hindu imagery? If you have another religious set of tenets from another culture please feel free to apply those. Obviously looking at old Roman Catholic art and looking under rocks of various branches of Christianity you can find a bunch of religious dogma or symbolism you could use if you don't like the eastern culture. As for selling something to make a living I'll let you know when someone comes to collect from me, seemed pretty free and money only controls what you let it so people who don't sell for money to live would be of interest, at least to me. I may share a lot of your skepticism with regard to anything spiritual for sale for money, in my view money clouds everything with a motive of profit.

I'm very unbalanced sexually this is probably why it is a huge boon suddenly but I'll wear out, eventually, perhaps. I thought sex was outside my path a bit but maybe it's my partners path so I'm just gonna go with it. Sex is insane for both of us despite only one of us using energy. I think I can understand the frame work of minor type healing. Like unblocking someone's bowels, I can do this on myself and probably on my partner. Nothing I would call major but just like moving energy internally to produce stimulation just use it to relax spasming muscles. I think it works so well for sex as we all draw on it during sex despite not realizing or recognizing it. Using it now is like using lube for the first time, just an Oh! Kinda moment.

I understand the idea of drawing energy for problem solving and yes this works for me but I'm not puritanical enough to avoid sexual pleasure. I just noticed one day I had a penis and it seemed I was actually made with it both visible and functional so I'm happy I don't feel ashamed about it.

When I was 12 I had a 7 year old math protégé teach me how to use my brain to do the work and leave my consciousness relatively free. Like taking a drink, I don't consciously deal with all the slight mechanical, biological motor function, it takes time to learn how to maintain precision on complex problems and I lost all this ability when I was drinking, now it is back. At its peak I could solve a simple quadratic without paper or calculator very quickly, last year I could barely remember my phone number. Now, I can remember in imagery and sharp enough to read a sign I didn't notice before, this is new.

So if my kundalini awakening is just my imagination, lucky me, if not? I will take your advice on not getting too caught up in "cultural overlays" and try to keep true to this experience. This weekend I'm gonna try changing the mood in a room without speaking, when they are all or at least mostly strangers. And yes I know buying a round at the pub does this every single time but I was thinking more spiritual and less spirits.

I admit, I've had my doubts for a while now of the whole 'spiritual awakening process'. My 'Dark Night of the Soul', for example, was forced - not exactly voluntary. And although I did come to a sort of definitive point - or so I felt - that the Dark Night of the Soul had ended, it was really just an acceptance that perhaps the rest of my life was going to be spent as numb, weak... in this petty meat sack... as a useless human being. Now that I climb out of that (useless feeling), I have to wonder, is this really happening or all in my head? The things I went through prior to whatever stage I am now in were likely an anomaly. Not to sound vain. I'm sure every case of supposed Kundalini are different and difficult to compare to one another. in other words: unique

But... I read my horoscope for this year, so I know better than to take in what complete strangers say on most matters...

^ I think these things do happen for a reason - why and for what purpose I have no idea. Why do some people go down this path and others don't, again I have no idea. But those who do get help and protection, which makes me think most of this is simply beyond our control anyway, that we merely react to what is put in front of us as any animal would do. It's an interesting thing to think about though - why nature would leave a backdoor built in for this to even happen when clearly all nature wants is us to reproduce and then die.

As for the 'spiritual path'.. it's largely a rationalization though. Hence why the overwhelming majority of people get snowed down under bogus systems and concepts, wasting the better part of their life doing so (not that it's a complete waste though).. and not really pushing to find the most direct method to attain the answers to the big questions (Where did I come from, who am I, and where am I going). We want the cop-out because we know getting the real answers would change who we are.. and no one wants that.

We all take slightly different paths, but there is only one Truth in the end.

^You make some good points.

On another note... I had an interesting experience last night - similar to what I've felt before on previous nights of my life but also very very different. Assume you're lying in bed and you start to feel this sensation of gravity, like it's pulling your energy upwards. You try to follow (or manipulate) where the energy goes, almost as if you know where to send it to. But after a while that sensation of gravity fades... Almost like you've done something wrong.

I believe this sensation is related to the Human Energy Field. I felt the sensation, last night, pulling energy (from me), up through my crown, and naturally - as I always do when I feel this - I tried to guide the energy to... wherever the hell it needed to go. Finally the energy ended up going down past my ribs and ended up at my root chakra (or anus) and started to cycle through my body and heart and around. Even now I can still feel/see this energy field when I concentrate on it. But that could be psychosomatic(?)

Has anyone felt this through meditation?

^ Not sure if you're describing the beginnings of the deep-relaxed state that can lead to out-of-body experiences? Sort of sounds like it. The "almost like you've done something wrong".. reminds me of getting too excited about what is happening which tends to shut down those experiences for some reason.. the trick is to not get attached to the outcome, which is easier said than done! It was all so easy when I was younger than 10.. no idea what was happening, no expectations or desire to influence the experience.

When I experienced this I sat to meditate in front of a mirror. My third eye seems a bit more like version 1.0. I can see coloured blobs moving when this happens and I can control them. If I focus on them rather then my state of mind it all slips away like a ball of water. If I attempt to direct too consciously, it all slips. Basically all the control practice I can manage seems to get me slowly moving forward. I am literally snowed in with more snow then we get all winter coming since Thursday so I have no interruptions to practice.

I feel very much like I should have been this far along my spiritual path 40 years ago but couldn't wake up in the luxury of life in North America.

To answer your question,-=SS=-, I wouldn't even know where to begin, but that sounds very much like it.

I looked up some pictures and found some on the toroidal field - or a torus. I've been experiencing visions of it all day, and though I normally have trouble imagining things like chakra centers or energy flowing, it seems that whenever I picture this field it's like I'm just simply observing it. To express it another way it's as if I'm at an aquarium watching some fish dancing around, I look away, and when I look back they're at a different point in their dance - since obviously, me observing them doesn't make a huge difference in their activity.

It's strange, looking back on my other experiences with the deep-relaxed state (leading into an out-of-body experience) I have tended to get super excited about trying to influence it in some way. This time was much much different. Instead of trying to influence it heavily, I went further into a relaxed state. I admit, I did try to influence it at first. I remember at one point I was trying to send the energy through my navel because that's where it seemed it wanted to go. That's when further relaxation hit me and I completely gave up trying to guide the process "for a while"...

My symptoms so far from the toroidal field "opening up" or revealing itself inlcude:
A mild light-headedness after walking up a hill
Intense feelings of empathy, joy and sadness
A sense of clarity- or rather a shutting off of the internal dialogue, like the mind is slowing down and not wanting to think so much

Things tend to happen when you don't go looking for them - simply trying to remain centred as you progress into the deep relaxed state yields good results. For example when I was practicing it regularly (deep relaxation), sometimes when I would lay down for a nap in the afternoon and I would 'come to'/become aware at some point during the overall nap and I would be observing the most beautiful geometric patterns, or flying down this tunnel of which its edges were intense and colourful, and there would be no real thought occuring in these states.. very pure visual experiences over which I had no control/it was happening to me.

I really do believe that's the best way forward.. by not forcing things forwards, but holding the desire somewhere in the back of your mind whilst in the present simply trying to remain as deeply relaxed and open as possible, so these experiences come to you (as opposed to you going to them).

Yes, I agree. The key to living a healthy, content, happy life is to be happy with yourself now. Love yourself, and let go of attachments to the past and future. Then you can be the best you in the present, and when you're the best you, you're open to things that come your way. Things have a tendency to work out as they're supposed to, but a lot of that is also you being receptive to the opportunities you have. That's why I think it can be damaging to say to yourself something like, "Once I complete this path, then I will understand, and be able to be happy/fix myself". You can't know your path because it hasn't been completed yet, you make it as you go. By focusing on the future, you ignore the present, and the present is all there ever really is. When you get to today's future, it's still the present then.

I'm beginning to understand everyone's OBE's are a little bit different than others. I can't say I've experienced going to other places in OBE's except in my sleep paralysis states.

I feel it's about time I shared one experience publicly. There was one instance in particular that was quite frightening. While living in a trailer, I awoke from a dream where I was a vampire hunter and a witch hunter. In the dream I had been given a silver revolver to combat the undead. So when I awoke from this dream I first noted that I was paralyzed. I was extremely scared at the time, breathing almost uncontrollably. A red apparition appeared to come out of the wall to the right of the pull out bed I was sleeping on in the living room. It made it's way across the room, into the kitchen and opened and closed a few drawers. In my hands was a metal lock box. Somehow I knew what was in the box... (I guess that's why sleep paralysis is sometimes considered an OBE). In the box was a silver revolver with a bunch of silver bullets. When the paralysis wore off the box was gone. The story gets even weirder if I ever decide to share the rest of the experiences in regards to this apparition. I imagine the time may come soon.

^ This is part of the issue with these experiences.. people call it the same thing when in fact they may have experienced something different, or what they say was something may have only been a powerful lucid dream for example. It's very difficult to sort and sift all the reports of experiences. From personal experience I can categorize several: Out-of-body real-time projection, lucid dream, seeing with eyes closed (often I see the stars if I'm lying down), astral projection (rare, geometric/very visual/psychedelic), full blown mystical (bright light/intense sensations).

I've never had much luck with OBEs and going to other places.. it seems to follow the same pattern as lucid dreams where as soon as I try to go beyond the scenery that is immediately apparent then I slip into a dream or another dimension or something. They're always very short lived experiences for me, like less than 10 seconds before I run out of attention-juice haha.

I've experienced the oft-described energy coming up the spine. Most of the experiences involving highly energetically charged sex or masturbation. A few times while tripping, those being more full of a sensation than simply the main circuit up the spine though. If I really try I can get the "kundalini" energy up to the heart chakra, and as far as I remember no higher than the throat. Doing this obviously through built sexual energy. Every time it happens my entire energetic being // subtle body goes nuts and floods with light, reminiscent of the strong awareness and perception of subtle energy while tripping. And for however long I can maintain so strong an energy flow my entire everything is bursting love, brilliance, and unparalleled energy. It's quite amazing.

A few times with my ex-girlfriend I was able to open up so much that entire limbs of my body were overtaken in a energetic frequency and vibration so strong that I couldn't move those areas, at all. It's the most intense physical/energetic feeling I've ever had.

On a ten day Vipassana meditation retreat I experienced a beam of energy flowing into and out of my crown. It was about six inches wide, and within the main cylindrical energy of it if you will, there was a double helix flow of energy spiraling in as well, the rotations in sync with the heartbeat that I could hear from the veins in and around my ears. Either that siting or another that day, I had full blown visions of sacred geometry. 3D geometric shapes behind my eyes and downloads of information as to what they symbolize and have to teach.

That sounds very interesting. Your brief description of geometric shapes there makes me think of my experiences with seeing tattwa symbols sometimes in my mind. I never fully understood the function of each duo of symbols but when used one after another it makes for interesting psychic/magical effects.