• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone withdrawal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caramelknowledge

Greenlighter
I unfortunately began using dope again 2 months ago. Since I've only been doing it for such a short amount of time, i would think the w/d would be less intense. A friend gave me 2 10 mg methadones...do you think that'll be enough? I was thinking about taking a quarter or half of one, and then taper from there. I also have a little bit of subutex, but the appeal of methadone is I don't have to wait 24-48 hours to take. Thoughts/advice? Thank you

Oh yeah, that pobably wont be enough by the sounds of your use. I would wait until the wds are bad enough so that you are jonesing and then see if the 10mg methadone takes any of the edge off

I unfortunately began using dope again 2 months ago. Since I've only been doing it for such a short amount of time, i would think the w/d would be less intense. A friend gave me 2 10 mg methadones...do you think that'll be enough? I was thinking about taking a quarter or half of one, and then taper from there. I also have a little bit of subutex, but the appeal of methadone is I don't have to wait 24-48 hours to take. Thoughts/advice? Thank you
I agree with the above posters post. Don't take the methadone/subtex till you're really itching for a hit of dope man. It'll help WAAAY more man! Trust me on that homie! I was there before like you, no dope, sick, wanting dope but only got either suboxone and methadone; then have the take em just to not be sick.

Thanks for the quick replies. I've been snorting the whole time if that makes a difference? It just sucks working two jobs and I just joined a band that's kind of popular and I'm afraid that I'm going to play shitty if I don't have dope. I wish I could just freeze time and go cold turkey without it affecting work and everything else :/

Thanks for the quick replies. I've been snorting the whole time if that makes a difference? It just sucks working two jobs and I just joined a band that's kind of popular and I'm afraid that I'm going to play shitty if I don't have dope. I wish I could just freeze time and go cold turkey without it affecting work and everything else :/
I wouldn't snort methadone just take the shit orally same with the subtex. Now if you wanna get a needle fix, shooting up subtex has a nice rush and keeps you buzzed for ever but I'm not experienced with subtex or injecting it as well. I wouldn't inject it but you can look on here for how to shoot up subtex if you want to.

Yeah I'd take the 20 mg of methadone once you're in full blown withdrawals, I feel you 100% on the ability to function though. Thats one of the main reasons I have a hard time quitting opiates is my inability to perform / function at any acceptable level. especially working construction. good luck man

It's really impossible for us to say what will and will not work for you in terms of controlling your symptoms during withdrawal. If you give us a little more information, we could probably paint a clearer picture for you, but even then, it'll be a shot in the dark.

20mg Methadone is not a large amount. If you have a real habit, you'd have to take the whole 20mg just to control your symptoms, so this would make a taper pretty much useless. I know you've only been using for 2 months, but that's long enough for a formerly dependent person to get to the same level they were at previously and then some. It's the damn kindling effect. You should prepare yourself for a withdrawal on the same order as you're last. It might not be that bad, but prepare for it.

I snort through a g in about 3-4 days 5 max. I have a good amount of Xanax...would it be ok to take with a little of methadone? I was thinking maybe it would intensify the effect, therefore I wouldn't need to take too much. I'm definitely not looking for a high from the methadone or the subutex...just want to be able to get through work. Also I've heard methadone has a super long half life....is this the same for the subutex?

Of course caution is good when mixing xanax and opioids. I think sub has the longest half life of all... Man, 2 months of dope taken any way is enough to get a former addict sick as fuck. But then you have xanax, so I wouldn't even worry tbph :)

xanax + methadone = NO. Hell NO.
Two people have died off that combo right down my block.

As far as dones go, just know the pills are ER. It's not going to hit you immediately and it has a long life, which means even several hours after taking dones, don't go drinking or mixing any other drugs.

Personally, I liked the pill dones. I could do a week taper off of them when I had them. Everyone is different in their tolerance or bodies but coming off IV H 1/2 g a day, 20mg would do me fine. Ofc I felt crappy first few days, but it worked!

Two dones may help you for a day but prolly not for a week.

xo

I've heard some people say that Xanax didn't help them during w/d. I think I'll take the methadone and then just take the Xanax, clondine and smoke a butt ton of weed. Are there any other vitamins/ medicine or home remedies that I should look into as well?

I snort through a g in about 3-4 days 5 max. I have a good amount of Xanax...would it be ok to take with a little of methadone? I was thinking maybe it would intensify the effect, therefore I wouldn't need to take too much. I'm definitely not looking for a high from the methadone or the subutex...just want to be able to get through work. Also I've heard methadone has a super long half life....is this the same for the subutex?
If you have a benzodiazepine tolerance; then yes but cut your dose in-half. Other wise you can easily OD, don't try to pop more Xanax to try to catch a nod it's not worth it unless you have a decent tolerance. I had up to a 8mg habit before now I'm down to 1mg-2mg's when needed- as in, maybe every few days in a full week/weekend. I've been taking 20mg's of Valium to taper down to .5mg's of Xanax, then down to maybe .025, probably just 0.75 but most likely .5mg's. It helps the most when needed and on an every other day to keep down all my stress/extreme aniexty, & PTSD. So hope me the best, I hope you didn't take a load of Alprozalam and OD. Remember "You can always take more, yet never less". Be carful when mixing those two specific pharmaceuticals.

I come off 10 times your amount with nothing more than a bottle of water 2 tins of soup a bucket and 3 seasons of 24 i dont honestly see why people say its such a hard thing to do I had more trouble coming off ciggarates.

Status
Not open for further replies.