• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2016-2017 NCAA Basketball thread v. QUACK... QUACK...

minnesota can beat middle tenessee state with just 4/5 of their starters playing 40 minutes going dehydrated as shit at tip

the two best players on MTSU had the balls to call out reggie lynch, big ten defensive player of the year to the press, saying they were not impressed

tough guys...last time minnesota played a team at MTSU's level was PSU and reggie lynch had 11 blocks that game

and A10 was almost as down as the mountain west, i did take RI to go sweet 16 and too VCU over st marys(aka a bunch of chruchie white guys), dayton doesn't have a chance vs wichita state and i'm not impressed by wichita state...their mascot looks like nigel hayes of wisconsin in yellow face

purdue does not suck, caleb swannigan is a monster that played against michael jordan in a movie (btw i think space jam 2 would be awesome with lebron and kevin hart playing against i s i s)

purdue is a lock for sweet 16 and i think they beat kansas

my biggest upsets are east tennesee over florida, princeton over notre dame, and winthrop over butler(i don't believe it i'm just hoping), nevada over iowa state,wisconsin knocking off villanova in the 2nd round, RI over oregon in 2nd round, and FSU in the final four, and kentucky winning it all

untitled.png

this has been march sadness, like seriously i felt worse past two days than i did after my DUI years ago

only silver lining is watching ACC crash and burn and big ten showing up in a big way

So the Pac 12 is 6-0...

Aw I just remembered I talked a bunch of shit on USC before the tournament started though. I'm the worst

I think Baylor should beat them

Last edited:
As stupid as this sounds, I actually don't really like Oregon as much now that they have made the Final Four and are a legit team

It's an everyday struggle being a hipster some times. You can only be into something for so long before the rest of society gradually picks up on it and then people think you're just another fuck who likes the uniforms

I hate their basketball court fwiw

Gonna need a new team to be a hipster for now, lest I come off as a bandwagon Oregon fan

That's what I do, I'm like a bandwagon valet attendant. I'll pull the bandwagon up for you and then jump off and let you take it over a cliff all for a small cash consideration.

Fuck Oregon. They're dead to me

I'd say LaSalle is my new hipster team but I have a legitimate reason to like them for being local.

I need a team that is completely unrelated to anything in my life, not overly good at basketball yet, no real history of being great at basketball, and will make the Final Four within 4 years after gradual improvement.

This is a major life decision for me though, and something that will be the result of heavy consideration.

Team to be revealed later

yeah Gonzaga did make the championship game, cant take that from them

BUT, and you knew there was going to be a BUT

they beat a 16 seed, a NW team who was just happy to get a tournament win, a WVU team who were averse to scoring the basketball in any fashion, a Xavier team who always over-achieves to the Elite 8 and then falls off, and a 1-trick pony in South Carolina and Sindarius Thornwell

I seriously hope Gonzaga loses to UNC so I dont have to hear about their "great tourny run" for the rest of my life

give me a fucking break. UNC earned its spot. Zaga got there by default, just like they always do

If Gonzaga beats UNC I would be highly surprised

The way their two big men played against Oregon, I wouldn't be surprised. Meeks is not going to be able to run his game on them.

Gonzaga had the easiest path to the final four that I personally have ever seen. That being said, UNC barely got by Arkansas. They wouldn't have beaten UK without the bullshit goal tending call (call me butt hurt all you want, but I'm right...I'm not even bringing up all the no calls...just the one basket that should have counted and we win).

Gonzaga actually earned quite a bit of my respect in the SC game. Especially Karnowski and that Zach Collins kid.

I'm looking forward to seeing what ole Roy is going to do with those two guys who are playing out of their minds.