• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2016-2017 NCAA Basketball thread v. QUACK... QUACK...

subotai

Bluelighter
That moment when your dedication to being a hipster works out perfectly...

Oregon basketball. Top 5. National championship CONTENDERS. Not sweet 16 fodder.

I want to thank Dana Altman, Dominic Artis, Joseph Young, Dwayne Benjamin, Elgin Cook, Mike Moser, Johnathan Loyd, and Jason Calliste

For being pretty good

And Chris Boucher man, CANT WAIT

For the record I also support Kansas which are perennial front runners so disregard everything I said about being a hipster.

I'm a hipster if Oregon wins. A front runner if Kansas wins

I'm the worst

i've been a gopher fan since '94-'95

they don't have to win for me to pound my chest

but when they do....they get their final four banner taken away + serious probation

that was a helluva final four with kentucky,arizona, UNC andd the GOPHS

gophs beat a helluva UCLA team in elite 8

ya'll are probably too young to remember 1997

current gophs don't look so good, lots of rapey energy around that program lately and B1G is just too damn strong

Holy shit man, you went right for the jugular didn't you? I make a silly little trash talking comment and you go fucking mental. You've got problems, and I'm not just talking about being a Minnesota basketball fan...

Anyway... Kentucky looks good on paper, as usual, but they seem fragile to me. I think Cal has been phoning it in lately. We can't have sophomore leadership year after year and expect these talented little babes to produce championships.

Last edited:
Holy shit man, you went right for the jugular didn't you? I make a silly little trash talking comment and you go fucking mental. You've got problems, and I'm not just talking about being a Minnesota basketball fan...

Anyway... Kentucky looks good on paper, as usual, but they seem fragile to me. I think Cal has been phoning it in lately. We can't have sophomore leadership year after year and expect these talented little babes to produce championships.

it's called shit talking

where i come from that's how friends talk to each other

need a huggie lil buddy?

Remember when Rodney Williams missed that free throw against Wisconsin that could have tied the game?

I think you were fishing or something

Minnesota game plan:

Shitty shot, offensive rebound, shitty shot, offensive rebound, shitty shot, tip in after a push off

Seems legit

Lol that could be different this year but that one year it was pretty spot on

You called me conservative. That's fucked up.

by that i meant absence of original content with any kind of depth or substance

the one liners that a robot can spit out should just be kept in the pocket

have a take, talk shit, be vulgar, make a bold predictions, not open lay ups

or keep doing the same, it doesn't matter, none of this matters

Remember when Rodney Williams missed that free throw against Wisconsin that could have tied the game?

I think you were fishing or something

Minnesota game plan:

Shitty shot, offensive rebound, shitty shot, offensive rebound, shitty shot, tip in after a push off

Seems legit

Lol that could be different this year but that one year it was pretty spot on

no i don't remember that, but i believe you

i just know last year they were dead last in b1G and had multiple players quit/get kicked off team for IIRC taking a video of a sexual assault and sharing it

goph hoops is the team i have worst memory/lowest enthusiasm compared to rams, goph football and buccos

it's been a dark 3 years with baby dick at HC

by that i meant absence of original content with any kind of depth or substance

the one liners that a robot can spit out should just be kept in the pocket

have a take, talk shit, be vulgar, make a bold predictions, not open lay ups

or keep doing the same, it doesn't matter, none of this matters

That's deep, man. Thank you.
Fuck, sarcasm is too predictable.

you're never going to change

it would be weird if you did just because i got on your ass

but i will continue to ride your ass, hoping for the best

Oregon just lost at Baylor but were also without their best player in Dillon brooks.

Chris Boucher should stop taking so many jump shots

Good thing losses in college basketball don't mean a whole lot

This team will be just fine come tourney time

Then again... 3-21 from 3pt

Baylor defended the 3 point line really well with their zone and athletic black dudes but I hope that's not a sign of an Oregon team with no 3pt threat

Aberration, or expectation?

Time will tell

Kentucky dominated Michigan State, Duke lost in a nailbiter. Awesome night.

Gophers with 'big' win over st.john's on friday, i know the red storm are not exactly a NCAA threat but a win vs a power conference team is a good start

local blue chip freshman amir coffey dropped 30 points(will prob enter NBA after this year) another kid had 9 blocks

tomorrow night vs arkansas will tell the tail of the season, a win won't exactly get me overly optimistic but if they lose it's probably going to be another miserable season

probably gonna go to some basketball games this year. just a 1 min walk from the building my classes are in. and they're free with just a $10 guest pass, so if you'd ever want to go to a game let me know. idk how much u like the owls or if they'll be good this year. starting off 2-2 tho..