• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Anyone wanna decribe opiate addiction in one sentence?

they dont think it be like it is, but it do

(screw addiction in general, shit's not for me!)

"The monkey is never dead. The monkey never dies. If you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn." - The Man With The Golden Arm

^Awww poor you!!!

A game that feels like you are winning every time you play even when you are losing badly.

The abnormal psycho-physical magnification of the normal pain of life, accompanied by a catastrophic incapacity to develop any resistance to it - which is an extreme moral pain for the poor addicted bastard who's intelligent and sensitive, often precipitating a suicidal depression.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair…

Like Felonius, I was quite amused by the poetic appropriateness of your Dickens quote (t'was Dickens right?). Those classics really are useful once in a while to enhance a conversation or thread LOL... Keep it up dude!

"Whatever goes up, must come down" - Isaac Newton? I know he wasn't referring to addiction when he said that, but I think the phrase applies well to it anyway.

"Opiates drop under the category of food, water, and oxygen. Meaning it's not even about psychological craving or not but rather that your body starts hurting when you lack any of those things for enough time"

^ I disagree. I think it's primarily about psychological craving, really...

YOO! How the fuck's it going man? You beat rehab? (beat as in beat it outta there or beat as in completed?)

completed my G! got the medal and everything. was a fkin life changing experience :D

still on 40 mgs of 'done per day though probably for the next month. but that'll will go too i'm sure/i hope - they started me at 140 mgs of methadone a day maybe more when i arrived and i was still w/drawing