• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Methamphetamine Discussion Thread 4.0

Street level meth is easiest to procure, literally all it takes is walking around for 20min and asking a random homeless person while not looking like a cop, most of them are on it and have a number for it, unless they are already fucking nuts and then it seems like it sends them to the hospital (at one point I would hang with people like that, like in the park and whatnot)

Amphetamine salts is the most common pharmaceutical speed, period, and easiest to procure, its basically a generic version of Adderall IR, made in a once-proprietary combination for maximum absorption. The doctors here, basically any doctor depending on your insurance, will give these out like CANDY unless you have a logged history of substance abuse and even thne they still give them out for work, etc... all it takes is a talk with a dr and a 15-45min kinda questionairre thing.

amphetamine aspartate monohydrate 25% – stimulant
(12.5% levo; 12.5% dextro)
amphetamine sulfate 25% – stimulant
(12.5% levo; 12.5% dextro)
dextroamphetamine saccharate 25% – stimulant
(0% levo; 25% dextro)
dextroamphetamine sulfate 25% – stimulant
(0% levo; 25% dextro)

There's also medical desoxyn tabs 5mg/10/15(?) but I have never seen them. Very rare, and most or all people prescribed them are prescribed for conditions where no other medicine including Adderall worked for them, and genuinely need them.

And my favorite ones - Dexedrine (not the spansules but the tablets, altho the spansules are good too)
Vyvanse - comes as 40-70mg lys-dexamphetamine (basically a slow release form of dexedrine - I like these too, for work especially and I used to be prescribed them but this was 10 years ago when i was in our version of secondary school(is that what its called ? I mean High School, as its known in the USA)

all the best

Last edited:
australia is all meth.

some people will sell "speed" (as opposed to "ice" - white powder, not clear shard) - but it's not sulphate, it's heavily cut meth (i'm told).

the only exception is diverted pharmaceutical dexamphetamine.
i've never heard of anyone selling or using stuff like vyvanse recreational, but i'm sure it happens - it's just not as commonly scripted as dexies.

I have been trying shooting up meth and I missed. Now have a big knot in my arm. Been a week now and it hurts and showing no signs of going away. Please tell me what to do to resolve this ASAP.

I have been trying shooting up meth and I missed. Now have a big knot in my arm. Been a week now and it hurts and showing no signs of going away. Please tell me what to do to resolve this ASAP.

See a GP who bulk bills.

Go to a doctor, is what they're saying.
You could also present at a hospital, at A&E or whatever.
You need to get it looked at. Medical attention.

GP = General Practitioner ; your doctor
Certain times, people in countries where medical insurance is paid for out-of-pocket or drug-issues are considered extremely taboo, they would hesitate to go to the hospital as it might cause discrimination through the doctors, or perhaps because it would be costly and just an unwieldy process to go through.
What he's saying is, go see your doctor immediately. And make sure to let them know about it. Because otherwise it could be bad.

If you cannot afford to do this one way or another, this is a good technique I read on here. Draw a circle around it with a permanent marker/pen, and if it gets any bigger rather than shrinking in size over the next 12-24hours, then go and see a doctor (regardless of cost, because it might be dangerous). Idk this has worked for me, most of that goes away as long as when it happens, take a small break.

I hope this helps (-;

Bummer dood...the Aussie tweakers must be disappointed.

It was probably some of that east Asian tweak from clandestine Chinese labs too right, aka the good shit, aka the shit you feed to your army when you decide to march across Poland

It's all just pointless pissing in the wind, though...large spectacular busts don't pose any sort of existential threat to the illegal drug trade. Might disrupt the market for a little bit but that's about it.

Yeh another 900 million will be comin today if not the same day as when that happened

Straight up... hope its as good though. That stuff in the article looks like some straight up quality lol. Has to be scraped/sticks to a rubber spatula... even after being stored in a covert wooden 4x4/plank... holy jesus..

The thing is these big busts never get the big players in Asia calling the shots and even if they get the proper organisers in Asia they're are people stepping in to replace their syndicate almost immediately.

These big busts look great for AFP but seriously how often are there long term shortages. A few Chinese "bag men" will get jail sentences but people will still be getting high.

The war on drugs is unwinnable. I reckon a lot of the successful imports happen simply because the customs can't scrutinise every single shipping container coming into the country and it's a numbers game for the organise crime syndicates

As others said the gear they seized looked great. Would burn up and taste awesome more than likely

Yep.
The cops/govt boast about what they seize for PR purposes. It makes no appreciable dent on supply, price or harm caused.
It's an entirely futile battle, but unfortunately law enforcement and legislators have an entirely vested interest in maintaining the status quo regarding drug prohibition

‘Record seizure’ headlines mark another false step in misguided war on drugs

The announcement this week of the largest seizure of methamphetamine in Australian history has been accompanied by a familiar chorus of uncritical and often sensationalised media reporting.

The “street value” of the 903 kilograms of the seized drug was estimated at nearly A$900 million.

But are the claims government authorities make about drug seizures accurate? And what broader implications do large-scale seizures have for Australia’s drug-control policies?

This record haul, as with countless others preceding it, was a news spectacle. It culminated in a live, nationally broadcast press conference. Later came the wall-to-wall media coverage across TV, print, radio and digital platforms.

Justice Minister Michael Keenan, flanked by Federal Police officers (inexplicably armed and replete with tactical gear), declared the seizure’s impact “cannot be underestimated”. He said it represented “a very serious blow to organised crime around the country”. According to Keenan, the money from its sale “hasn’t gone into the pocket of organised criminals”.

These claims don’t stand up well to proper scrutiny.

How much was it really worth?

Let’s start with the purported street value of almost $900 million. Illicit drugs are priced differently depending upon which stage of the supply chain they are located. The difference in the price of illicit drugs at the point of production and the point of retail can vary by as much as 100:1.

Law-enforcement agencies often create misleading estimates based on more expensive retail values, rather than on prices higher up the chain of supply. This appears to be the case with this seizure. Authorities have referred to “street” value, rather than the lower prices at the trafficking/domestic wholesale level – where the drugs were intercepted.

However, even going by inflated retail prices, the purported value of this particular haul is massively overestimated.

According to research from 2016, the retail price of 0.1 gram of crystal methamphetamine (the most commonly purchased quantity at “street” level) in Victoria is $50. By these figures, the seizure’s street value comes in at just over $451 million.

While this is a significant sum, it is only half the amount that authorities claimed and which news media reprinted uncritically across Australia.

What impact will it have on crime?

Less straightforward, but perhaps more important to assess, is the claimed impact on organised crime.

The seizure of 903 kilograms of methamphetamine may represent a significant loss to the criminal syndicate responsible for this shipment. However, studies conducted both in Australia and overseas cast doubt on the notion that effectively tackling organised crime and reducing illicit drug supply can be achieved through border interception alone.

As several decades of failed “war on drugs” policing has demonstrated, provided there is strong consumer demand, and the capacity to produce drugs cheaply, reliably and profitably overseas, organised crime groups are likely to continue to fill any gaps in the supply chain that law enforcement interventions create.

Given the manifest inability of law enforcement to control the illicit drugs trade, it is worth questioning why so much emphasis is placed on law enforcement over other, more effective, evidence-based drug policies.

How does this fit with Australia’s drug policy?

Since 1985, Australia’s approach to illicit drugs has ostensibly been one of harm minimisation. This consists of three pillars: supply reduction, demand reduction, and harm reduction.

Supply reduction focuses on reducing the supply of illicit drugs through law enforcement (like police and border control).

Demand reduction involves both treatment services and preventive strategies that aim to reduce drug use.

Harm reduction accepts some people will continue to use drugs despite the other two pillars, and aims to reduce the harms associated with their drug use.

The amount of government money spent on these three pillars is far from equitable. Research indicates 66% is spent on law enforcement. Spending on treatment is 21%. Only 9% is spent on prevention, and just 2% spent on harm reduction.

This distorted allocation of scarce taxpayer dollars is not evidence-based. Harm-reduction strategies provide an outstanding return of investment. Needle exchange programs, for example, return $27 for every $1 spent.

Meanwhile, there is little evidence supporting any reliable return on investment from efforts to control supply. An increasing number of studies suggest these are counter-productive – they actually exacerbate drug-related harms.

Australia was prompted to implement harm-reduction interventions by a looming HIV epidemic in 1985 and led the world in doing so. Consequently, Australia has some of the lowest rates of HIV incidence in the world. However, in recent decades, Australia has lagged behind the rest of the Western world in implementing harm-reduction initiatives.

A recent report highlights that the current imbalance in drug policy is not working. There are no reductions in the demand for illegal drugs or in their availability, and prices are continuing to fall.

For policing agencies, and politicians committed to populist law-and-order policies, drug busts of the size witnessed this week are highly choreographed media events. They represent major PR opportunities to justify the enormous and disproportionate sums of taxpayer dollars spent each year on ineffective, costly and counter-productive enforcement-led supply reduction.

Pursuing these same, tired war-on-drugs strategies might seem like a show of strength. But it will take real courage for politicians to acknowledge the need for a new approach.

In the meantime, let’s take claims about the value of drug seizures with a grain of salt.

https://theconversation.com/record-...er-false-step-in-misguided-war-on-drugs-75772

I haven't used in a long time but...IV all day err'day

What I learned about IV is that you should just take one decent-sized shot and ride that out until you eventually pass out. Re-dosing is the road to ruin when it comes to methamphetamine...it turns the best high there is into pure torture, IMO
Truer words were never spoken

Yes, i dont understand why you wouldnt just bang the whole thing and ride it out.

However, you do also become conditioned each week to getting that shot and becomes routine pretty darn fast. Watch out, but i would still say smash it, get rid of the bag, and move on and accept in your mind its over.