• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Do they call crystal meth "Side" anywhere else beside on the west coast of Canada

PassiveChav

Greenlighter
Do they call crystal meth "Side" anywhere else beside on the west coast of Canada

Been a user and been around users for ages now so I consider myself fairly up to date with the lingo. Meth was always around and for years people would just call it "jib" or "gak" or "Crystal" or simply just "speed"

But about a year ago i started noticing, particularly in the rougher downtown parts where the dealers will just offer as you pass, they were saying "side" in reference to crystal meth. i like the sound of it, i find it not as awkward or cheesy sounding as the others and it's easy to say "pointa side" or whatever.

anyway haven't heard of anywhere else calling it that. ya'll know anything about it? :?

interesting- peeps call it GoGo or Go in detroit most often. intersting to hear the names up in canada tho

I live in the Midwest and I've heard it referred to as Go, Ice, aunt crystal, clear, crank, shards, speed, white rush, tweaker tea, nose rot, fly and my personal favorite, Bounty (the quicker picker upper). I feel like those are all pretty relevant to the drug, but where tf did they get side from? I don't see the correlation. Except maybe that it's so completely unrelated to meth it's just a way to confuse law enforcement and your mama lol

Fucking LOL @ "Bounty (the quicker picker upper)", that's classic tweaker humor right there.

Alabama here, have heard:

-Cream
-Ice Cream
-Go Fast
-Speed
-Dope (likely most common, rarely hear of anything else called dope)
-Clear

Also, as an aside, I knew one woman that referred to it as her "medicine", which was actually pretty sad, especially with how bad off she got on the stuff. I vividly remember a night where she was all up in the bathroom mirror screaming about her eyes being missing. Thankfully, her husband secured their stash and got her in a bed...