• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

(LSD 350μg) Extreme puking and Fluid in lungs...anyone else had this before?

DankDoggo

Greenlighter
I've scrolled through past posts on bluelight to see if I could really find anything similar to my experience, but so far, I've been unsuccessful.
So I decided to make an account to see what kind of feedback I get. Any replies would be greatly appreciated :) I apologize if I posted this in the wrong tag...the forums confuse me a bit :?

For reference, I have allergy/physically induced asthma and generalized anxiety. The only medication I am on is birth control. I am also an avid pot smoker. I am generally healthy and have only dropped when I was in a good, relaxed state of mind.

So about a month or so ago, I decided it might be fun to drop about 375 μg. I had dropped about two times before, the first occasion being 50μg and about a month later, I tried 110μg. (all of these doses were taken as oral blotters purchased from trusted, high quality sellers)
The 50μg dose was enjoyable for the most part, though I did end up slightly nauseous on the come up with a slight cough that was kinda "wet" and deeper in my lungs. I attributed the nausea to it being my first time tripping and thought that maybe some seasonal allergies were to blame for the strange cough. As I plateaued, the nausea disappeared, but the cough kinda just changed into a feeling of something caught in the back of my throat,so I ended up just clearing her throat for most of the trip. I really enjoyed the trip, but it wasn't very "trippy," so I decided my next dose would be higher to see if I could get some cooler visuals, body highs, etc.
When I decided to try the 110μg dose, the come up was definitely a little more intense than the 50μg dose, but nothing unmanageable. I was starting to settle into the come up when I started to notice a fluid build up again in my lungs, except this time it was pretty prevalent and the coughing was so frequent I was having trouble finishing my sentences. I tried to just relax my lungs a bit and not cough, but the fluid just kept building up and I was forced to cough up big wads of mucous instead. I started to feel like I was drowning in my own lungs, so I tried to just lie down and relax so that I didn't set myself up for a bad trip. The lungs kept doing their thing and then the nausea kicked in. I suspect the nausea was really brought on by the incessant coughing. I tried to just ride the nausea out, knowing it would go away as I peaked, but I got a really bad urge to vomit and ended up puking anyway. Once I puked, I felt a lot better and the nausea was gone. The cough and the fluid in the lungs started to subside and within about half an hour, my lungs felt back to normal and fluid-free. The rest of the trip was really nice and a lot of fun, but the ill effects startled me a little so I didn't drop again for a while.
About three weeks later, I considered trying LSD again and did some research on the nausea and the fluid in the lungs and I couldn't find anything too alarming, so I was pretty convinced that another trip wouldn't be any worse than the last one, which was overall manageable and really fun after the negative effects went away.
Soon after, I decided to take 375μg. The come up wasn't really any worse than the 110μg for the first hour, but then my lungs really started to kick my ass. I was having a hard time breathing with all the fluid buildup and was constantly coughing it up. While still coughing violently, the nausea forced me to run to the bathroom and I dry heaved over the toilet for what seemed like forever. And then the vomiting started. I puked over and over and over again, emptying what little was in my stomach repeatedly until there was literally nothing left. The visuals started to come in super strong at the same time, so I was having a hard time figuring out what was going on. I started to feel like I was dissociating from my body, which was probably a good thing, because my stomach was in horrible pain and my lungs were still full of fluid. The coughing and the fluid in the lungs started to go away pretty quickly, so I went to lie down again.
I tried to enjoy the trip regardless, but I would just lie there, clenching my stomach and then the nausea would spike and I'd go puke violently again. There wasn't anything to puke at this point, so I just got stuck for long periods of time dry heaving. This went on throughout the night (I took it at midnight) and I only stopped puking around 6am. The trip itself was really intense, but I was pretty sure I would have enjoyed it if I wasn't so sick the whole time. I continued to feel nauseous throughout the next day, even after I had fully come down.

Has anyone else experienced this for themselves? Do you know someone who has? Is there anything out there to suggest that there might be a way to combat these effects? Should I just stay really far away from acid? I'd like to hear some thoughts.

Last edited:
Maybe you took too much or it may have been something else altogether. There are test kits you can buy to ensure your product is authentic. I'm going to move this to Psychedelic Drugs. Be safe!

so,
you are asthmatic.
lsd is slightly sympathomimetic so it has some expectorant qualities, but does not dry the mucous membranes like amphetamine, just triggers expulsion.

your titration was too extreme, 50 - 110 - 350 is more of a logarithmic progression than an incremental titration, which is not clever since the intensification of effect is also logarithmic.

with your condition (asthma) please stay below 110, 50 - 100, and enjoy life

If I were you I would not only keep an eye on that dosage but also see if it is limited to this batch, try a whole other batch and reagent test it first.

With all the puking it doesn't sound like just asthma, but it's too vague to say much about it before narrowing down the possibilities through determination and exclusion of possibilities.

You'd wanna know if it is dose-dependent, drug-dependent, batch-dependent.

Psychedelics may modulate the immune system but it's not really known in what way. You seem to say you have tripped on lsd before fine... Figure out what it is you respond to so much, obviously since it sounds very uncomfortable, do it very carefully by going easy and slowly.

Sounds like an allergic reaction to me. Did you feel any reaction in your mouth as well?

Puking is a common symptom of an allergic shock, Solipsis. The reaction in the lungs and the difficulty breathing would fit this as well.

I am not very experienced with these drugs but as asthma can have a string psychological component and the lsd might trigger something. This sounds more like an allergy towards either the drug, impurities, or the blotter.

I would strongly advice you not to take this ever again. Such shocks can be life threatening and are completely unpredictable.

never heard of an allergy to LSD, but the increase of dose sure did something!
I am assuming the lack of direct deaths from lysergic acids includes allergic reactions.
just roll back the dosage and keep an inhaler in the room.

yes, I do read
do you know of allergies to LSD?
Have you heard of it before in the last 60 years?

I suppose it is possible, but logic tells me that her increasing response was dose related (and she was increasing her dosages exponentially), while any trace at all would trigger allergy response and not be so dose related.

note many internet comments support the concept that LSD suppresses allergy response - though each case is different wrt allergies and people, and there is support for what I said earlier about mucous production:
https://www.reddit.com/r/LSD/comments/4k7am1/lsd_completely_makes_my_asthma_disappear/
https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115903 - mucous production to some degree
http://www.iflscience.com/health-an...-psychedelic-drug-could-be-used-treat-asthma/ support fro ashtma treatment... (but really they mean DOI) but you can search google "LSD and ASTHMA" for an extensive consideration of the issue.

Last edited:
I've never seen this effect in anyone; the OP has experienced. In all, my 46 years of dropping.
There is always is a possibility something triggered it other than the LSD

1. I wrote that this might be a reaction towards the drug, IMPURITIES, OR THE BLOTTER.

We are talking about stuff from the black market, not pure stuff. It might be that lsd is fine for her but the underground chemists were sloppy and contaminated the drug with something' that triggered the reaction.

2. Just because it is not on google does not mean that it doesn't exist. Perhaps it is rare but i do not see any reason why it couldn't exist.

3. Allergies are dose depending. Just ask someone with an allergy if you do not believe me.

I was once in a clinic where it was not even permitted to bring any quantities of not containing products as they have patients that get anaphylactic shocks from trace amounts.

that's right - my wife has nut allergy, no traces in the house, we use a gas mask on the plane, after the announcement, which scares other passengers, many of whom are gassing off nut fumes.

LSD From 150ug to 350ug Is a huge difference ones headspace.
You could have just been manifesting your symptoms into what may feel "extream" while your tripping on such a huge dose of LSD.

What one feels or even imagines can seem so real; when any symptom was just something minor in the first place.

You never know, though, it could be a trace amount of a contaminant left in the LSD, but you'll never know, until you try another batch and test it out for yourself.

In your case, i would not use LSD again if it happens to you in the future. Cuz you just may want to try it again just to see. Good luck to you

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the responses and insight.
I am about 99% certain that what I took all three times was in fact LSD.
What is very odd to me is that the 50 and the 110 doses were from the same batch but the 375 dose was from a totally different batch and seller and yet, the 50 and 110 doses also caused me to react negatively, albeit the 375 dose was way worse. That leads me to believe I'm reacting badly not to the blotter (which I've never heard of anyone having issues with blotters...they're just paper in essence), but more likely to the LSD itself. It is possible that potential impurities have something to do with it, but I would assume impurities from two different batches from different sellers would vary and not necessarily elicit the same reaction. My boyfriend took higher doses from both batches (175 from the first batch and 500 from the second) and he was entirely fine. Didn't react badly at all and besides the slight discomfort of coming up, he didn't experience anything negative throughout the trips. But like most of you have said, allergies to LSD seem extremely rare, if they even exist at all. I just don't know. I want to enjoy the experience but I don't want to go through hell again for another 12 hours.
I highly doubt a bad headspace caused the reactions. I was enjoying the trip itself but then very quickly descended into physical discomfort. My body felt destroyed the day after the 375 dose, which I don't think can really be brought on by a mentality alone. I couldn't eat normally for days.
Honestly, I was considering trying a small dose of 50 in the near future just to see what will happen. I'm definitely going to make sure I have antihistamines and an inhaler on hand in case anything goes awry and my boyfriend is always my trip sitter, so I'm not too worried about nearly dying or anything crazy. I definitely won't be taking anything higher than 110 for the foreseeable future.
If anyone finds anything else or hears about anything similar, I'd love to know. :)

Like anaphylaxis drseltsam?

I suppose you could be allergic to just about anything that can affect your physiology, it's just extremely rare I suppose.

Again: seems hard to tell how much that allergy discriminates between psychedelics, completely depends on the mechanism.

Solipsis, I guess that anaphylaxis is the fancier term for what I was describing ;)

Interesting that this happened with different blotters. Again, we will never know if these were different batches as the black market does not track these things.

DankDaggo: I guess as lsd and mescaline have very similar effects, it might be something to consider. If you do, please do an allergy test where you take just a tiny amount where you do not expect any activity to test your body's response.

I have recently started having this same reaction to LSD with my last 3 experiences. All 3 experiences were different batches. I do not have any health issues such as asthma, and I do not have any known allergies aside from the seasonal hay fever. I have searched for an answer for this reaction and this is the only post I?ve been able to find. I do not have extreme nausea at all and have not vomited, but I experience intense fluid in my lungs and the constant cough to clear the fluid. I have a great trip aside from this problem, but it?s beginning to no longer be worth it as the fluid and cough are just so intense and cause me to have breathing issues.

Have you tried again and are experiencing the same results still? The only thing I can think of would be a rare allergy.

Sounds like an allergic reaction to me. Did you feel any reaction in your mouth as well?

Puking is a common symptom of an allergic shock, Solipsis. The reaction in the lungs and the difficulty breathing would fit this as well.

I am not very experienced with these drugs but as asthma can have a string psychological component and the lsd might trigger something. This sounds more like an allergy towards either the drug, impurities, or the blotter.

I would strongly advice you not to take this ever again. Such shocks can be life threatening and are completely unpredictable.
Im sorry but this sounds nothing like an allergy. Breathing difficty is cause by swelling and your throat closing. She would have appeared very flush, and swollen, broken out in hives. While nausea is possible, when not present with these other symptons, something else is more likely.

Have you tried any other psychedelics? Mushrooms perhaps?

Exessive salivation and tear production may occur, and I suppose in turn could also include pulmonary adema. Phenethylamine overdoses may present with pulmonary adema, in fact, 2CT-7 deaths were from PA.

I would tread carefully, and I would make damn sure that you have is in fact LSD. Due to the fact that LSD had been used so often and these symptoms are so rare, yet appear in other ultra potent psychedelics more readily, I think one of two things is happening

1: You have allowdd suggestibility to get the better of you while tripping and magnified your symptoms.
2: you took a potent phenethylamine and need to test your blotters, which you ought to do anyway.

I have done mushrooms in the past and have not had this same reaction, however it has been 7+ years since I?ve done mushrooms.

I do want to point out that I am never alone while doing LSD - I have a friend who also does the same batches as me, and a sober friend to be our ?trip sitter?. My first assumption when this happened was that I was in my head too much and magnified a sickness coming on, however I have now confirmed with my ?sitter? that they too can hear the fluid (I can breath and it rattles like there truly is fluid in the lungs), so I know it?s not just me magnifying it in my head.

If it is phenethylamine, should my friend who took it with me also experience the same thing as me? In my instance, I do not have any nausea or vomiting. I solely have the raspy fluidy lungs and hard cough. It feels almost as though I came down with pneumonia.

Have you tested this more?? I?ve looked all over the internet and you?re the only case that sounds similar to my recent experiences.