• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Zopiclone VS diazepam or Temazepam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mracid

Bluelighter
I have been using benzo for sleep for about 2 years. And despine me saying that in 2 years I never had to up my dose, in fact I was forced to reduce it and it still works, then my new psych is switching something that worked, temazepam, to something that makes me wake up in the middle of the night, Zopiclone, the last time I asked him to switch back to either diazepam or temazepam he gave me seroquel wich did not work great, now when I asked again he proposed chorlpromazine. But he seems ok with prescribing an equivalent dose of zopiclone, Does any1 have any idea of why a doctor would not care about daily zopiclone for sleep but would be litterally against diazepam or temazepam daily for sleep, I mean isnt zopiclone even more powerful despite its lower half life? it doesnt make sense to me.. SO Any information that would help me understand his choice would be appreciated. Thank you.

i've gathered that doctors are real scared these days of prescribing long-term benzos, because of all the bad press about those who do. zopiclone/z drugs in general are considered usually to be 'anti-abuse' versions of benzos, so doctors like to prescribe them instead of benzos. the short half life though is the biggest difference and what you're describing happens often to people who switch from long-acting benzos to z drugs. i'd hate to be prescribed either seroquel or chlorpromazine, that sucks that you can't get around it. i hate seeing this happen to so many people with valid needs for medications

Yeah well I am kind of fucked up because my 2 main issues are completely resolved by benzo daily use and I don't need them to work on my psyche, so overall I don't get tolerant to them at all, with time they just have lower side effect profile. I can't tolerate most psychiatric medication and other meds supposed to help simply doesnt work or make it worst. And the worst part is that I am 19. So overall my only solution is going down the dangerous road of benzo daily use or be in pain about 24 hours a day 7 days a week and sleep under 4 hours a day. When I tell that to docs they take it as a challege, like oh yeah even tho every docs in the past haven't found anything else and didnt want to be that doctor that prescribed daily benzo for a 19 years old guy, well I am the one who is going to find out an alternative and they just fail and don't take it, then it always end up like either I take the meds I can't tolerate or I tolerate my daily pain which makes me unproductive and want to just kill myself. I am fked, and can't find a doc that just sees that I have no other option. (BTW my other pain is Chronic tension headache).

zopiclone/z drugs in general are considered usually to be 'anti-abuse' versions of benzos, so doctors like to prescribe them instead of benzos.

i wouldn't quite say that - a bit less abusable, sure.
i mean - there's a whole megathread on here dedicated to snorting ambien.

want to just kill myself. I am fked, and can't find a doc that just sees that I have no other option. (BTW my other pain is Chronic tension headache).

ah man, please don't. have you checked out the pain management thread or The Dark Side? they're great at navigating through these difficult thoughts you're having, i really think you should have a look over there asap

Last edited:
You took that out of context, it was more of a, I am in a pain that makes me want to do it even tho I know I will not, never, which is just torture.

My 1rst LSD trip, made me promise to myslef that NOTHING NEVER will make me kill myslef. But it doesnt mean that pain doesnt bring you down there where the only option you see to feel good is death, and when you made yourself a promise to never do it, it only feels like being forced to a physical torture that has no issues. It was more of an expression than a real thought.

Death is not an option for me, unless I am in a straight direction to death with horrible pain before it, like generalized cancer.. You see.

Last edited:
You took that out of context, it was more of a, I am in a pain that makes me want to do it even tho I know I will not, never, which is just torture.

My 1rst LSD trip, made me promise to myslef that NOTHING NEVER will make me kill myslef. But it doesnt mean that pain doesnt bring you down there where the only option you see to feel good is death, and when you made yourself a promise to never do it, it only feels like being forced to a physical torture that has no issues. It was more of an expression than a real thought.

Death is not an option for me, unless I am in a straight direction to death with horrible pain before it, like generalized cancer.. You see.

ha well that's just great fuck me for watching out for you haha good to hear
but for real its good your not about to top yourself, if you wanna talk more about it PM lets keep this thread on topic

Probably because the metallic taste youll get in your mouth like thats so gross words can not describe will kill your buzz and wheny ou drink water the water tastes metallic too.

"How to handle Doctors" questions really aren't allowed. Please read forum guidelines. It would appear that your prescriber is trying to switch you to a less abuse-prone variety of hypnotic drug. Let's say, there's a spectrum of hypnotic drugs still on the market today, previously there were a lot more. On the top of this spectrum, there would be the "big guns", something like Secobarbital (Seconal), which is indeed still prescribed.

Only one notch down or so on this imaginary spectrum will you find Temazepam (Restoril). Of all the Benzodiazepines ever created, Temazepam along with the hypnotic Benzodiazepine Triazolam (Halcion) are generally recognized as the "most abusable". For this reason, they are both rarely prescribed these days. Triazolam almost never and Temazepam rarely. Z-Drugs like Zopiclone (Imovane) are considered to be a less potent, less abusable hypnotic than Benzodiazepines like Temazepam.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.