• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Young People and Suicide: The Arctic

that's so sad. i'm not even 25 yet and i've made an attempt on my life, can only imagine what it must be like for my Inuit counterparts :/

There should be a support group for people who try to kill themselves while in a blackout. Or at least a song about it. I better get on it. The song that is.
Thanks Toothpastedog :)

I made my most valid attempts during blackout. The next day it seemed like watching a movie when I would recall bits and pieces of the blackout and it never seemed real, unfortunately the scars and the hospital bills told a different story. My heart goes out to those in the article.

Really interesting but very depressing interview.

They didn't seem to really speculate much about WHY they were killing themselves though which really bothered me because I think there are a lot of hypotheses out there for why so many people in the Northern countries like Scandanavia kill themselves so often, mainly Seasonal Affective Disorder, but I wonder if there could be more to it than that.

Certainly cold, dark countries don't make for happy people, but is that all it is??