• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

MDMA - Test Questions (Marquis and Mandelin)

erm....

Greenlighter
Hi all

I have today tested some MDMA powder using UK EZTest Marquis and Mandelin. I am extremely new to MDMA, and this is only the 'second' batch I have tested. I panicked with my test results on my first batch I tested (because Marquis result wasn't vibrant purple and Mandelin had a red tinge to it in the light!) and it turned out to be awesome stuff. So i do think I can be slightly paranoid about these things. Nevertheless, you can never be too cautious:-

Marquis:
Turned dark instantly. A slight brown/purple tinge to it but after a while it is black with a hint of purple if looked at in front of a light.

I consider that MDMA? Do you agree.

Mandelin:
This one's a bit weird. I put a tiny sample on a white plate and then poured some of the mandelin on to the sample. Far too much reagent used due to the very small sample used! Some parts of the sample (instantly) turned purple whilst other spots of the sample turned green. Is this because the MDMA is mixed with speed? I put another small sample into the reagent bottle provided by EZtest (as i had some reagent left over in the test tube) and that is a purple-y/ black colour, no hint of green at all. This is in line exactly with previous samples I have used in the past.

I am confused, is this MDMA possibly cut with a bit of speed? Which is normal, right? Quite often ecstasy is cut with speed? I guess it might be worth getting an eztest purity test?

Can anyone offer a newbie some reassurance and wisdom?!

Thanks for your help.

First thing to note is that you should not consider the results past the first 60 seconds, so your marquis sounds fine. Posting a photo is always better than a description too :)

The mandelin is a bit strange, if some granules go green that's not a good sign at all. Reagent tests are great for checking if you should throw something out, but they cant tell you that you should take something. If the result is not what it is supposed to be, that's the signal that the safest thing to do is throw it out. Green could be amphetamine, 2C-B or methylone, so we really don't learn much by seeing that.

It's not normal for MDMA to be cut with amphetamine any more, and in the UK this is actually really uncommon, so really the answer from this is that we don't know what's in it.

The purity tests only work on un-cut MDMA mixed with only precursors, so this doesn't help in this case. Can you run the mandelin test again and take a photo? The one-use reagent tests have great shelf life but it's a pain when you want to double check a result!

Thank you for that! I've purchased some proper mandelin, marquis (and mecke) instead of the eztest tests (as you say, useless if you're a little unsure and need to re-test). I will post pictures as soon as the reagents arrive. Thanks!

It would be stupid to suggest maybe that the mandelin green result was because i didn't have enough sample and used too much mandelin (the mandelin being yellow, of course)? I just can't help but think when I put another small sample into the remaining mandelin in the eztest vile, that the result showed up as 'MDMA' - no hint of green.

Hopefully all will become clearer when i test again.

The thing is that when it's in the vial it's harder to see what colour individual specks are going. When it's on a surface you limit the diffusion and you can see the result for different parts of the powder more clearly. Probably it will turn out to be nothing but as you're no doubt aware, your health is pretty valuable and for the sake of under £1 a test it is worth it!

Hi Transform/ all

Thank you for your help! My new test kits arrived today from Raegent Tests UK and i've just tested and everything has come out perfect and as expected (bar the Froedhe)! Last time I use EZtest that's for sure! All photos taken well within 30 seconds or so.

Marquis
Bubbled a bit initially. Black with purple edges.

Mqrquis2.jpg

Marquis3.jpg

Mecke
Instant dark green to dark blue.

Mecke1.jpg

Mandelin
Deep Purple. Couldn't see any hint of green as with the EZTest.
mandelin1.jpg

Froedhe
Black with dark green/ brown and purple/ pink. MDMA cut with aspirin? Or possibly residue off previous raegents/ washing the plate between tests with fairy liquid.

Froede1.jpg

I have videos as well of all of the above, but I'm confident everything is all as it should be! Only issue was the Froedhe test and that is showing largely as it should be black/ dark green. Would you agree?

I assume testing doesn't give any indication of how pure the MDMA is? ie. how cut etc it is.

Thank you for your help - much appreciated!

Last edited:
The froehde reagent's black is sometimes comprised of a little purpling, this is thought to be a result of synthesis byproducts which don't pose any extra risk.

Reagents give a tiny indication of purity by how fast they react but this is also affected by age, temperature and humidity so without a control sample you can't really say more than whether it's over or under 50% purity. Go for the #crushdabwait method if you don't have scales - most MDMA in the UK at the moment is very strong.

If you do have scales (a well worthwhile investment) then a good rule of thumb for pure MDMA dosage is

([weight in kg] ÷ 2) + 90 = dose in mg

This gives a dose of 125 mg for a 70 kg person. You can start with a little less and then take the rest 15-30 minutes later to be extra safe, and this helps reduce anxiety on the comeup.

Thank you for your help (and knowledge) Transform! Hopefully this thread will help a few others, too.

I have invested in some scales and I am going to take 130mg initially followed by another 70mg or so an hour-ish later. Hopefully that will suffice.

That sounds like a great way to start sensibly but still enjoyably. Bon voyage :)