• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Taking Naltrexone after Methadone (low dose) Advise!

mstay90

Greenlighter
Hey y'all. I'm new but I used to participate in the forums years ago under a different name. If this isn't the right place to post I apologize, please feel free to move it to the appropriate forum.

Anyways! I got on Suboxone back in 2009 at 24mg, and switched to Subutex 8mg in 2012 because I got pregnant (he was born completely healthy!). I just got off of it almost exactly a month ago. I was impatient and jumped off at 6mg. With the holidays and my insurance running out at the end of the year I wanted to just stop. So I quit my job and tapered pretty quickly. I slipped up quite a few times taking Methadone the first 2 weeks, usually only 10mg, but no more than 20mg. I could still feel the withdrawal, but it was a lot easier. After 2 weeks of that I felt like the sub was pretty much out of my system because somedays I would feel okay, but others not so much. It came on in waves. I digress. I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety disorder and panic attacks back in highschool, like 2006. The subutex really helped that a lot so I did not realize how bad it was until just recently. I've been suffering from massive anxiety attacks this past weeks and major spasms in my chest. It's kept me up at night, one night I didn't sleep at all and had such horrible chest pain from it. I also have an impartial right branch block but the doctors don't seem concerned, but want me to see a cardiologist to make sure. My blood pressure is usually 100/60-120/60 but it's been 155/100-160/100 this whole week and my resting heart rate has been between 95-110, when its normally in the 60s. So as you can see its way higher than usual and it's extremely hard to deal with. I have an almost 4 year old and I can barely take care of myself. So my sub doctor (who is fantastic and I trust 100%) really wanted me to try this new drug, Naltrexone. I've never heard of it. He said I need to give it at least a day to let the methadone out of my system. I took 15mg yesterday (because the night before I was having that anxiety attack and horrible chest pains) and 20mg today (its been a really rough day.). I'm scared to take it because I know it's in the suboxone family. He gave me Trazadone to help with anxiety over the weekend and longer, but I don't remember exactly what dose and the quantity. I'm unsure if I should even take the Naltrexone in the first place because I feel like withdrawal is pretty much over with. Besides the horrid anxiety, all I really have is the hot/cold sweats, goosebumps, and lack of energy. I get the jerks every so often but it's not constant. I feel like I'm pretty much over it BUT I know that that's when it really gets hard. I feel like my brain is completely going fucking crazy. I'm super depressed, which was expected, and honestly this anxiety is just too much to deal with. It's so easy for me to get pills (xanax is shit though here in Houston, SO many fake ones going around), that I'm scared if I'm not on treatment for anxiety I WILL relapse without a doubt. As much as I don't want to, as much as I want to end it and be back to giving my all to my son, as much as I fucking despise pain pills, the anxiety is just too much to handle. & it makes me feel like the worst mother in the world. I'm currently looking for a psychiatrist.

So in short..
How long is ideal to wait to start Naltrexone after 20mg of methadone? SHOULD I even start it? If so, what do I even expect? I don't know anything about it. Sorry for the novel, just a lot going through my mind today and I'm really unsure of what to do.

Thanks in advance y'all!

Naltraxone is closer to naloxone than Suboxone with it being an antagonist acting like narcan (naloxone)... It blocks the opiate receptors from being activated. Only those dependant on opiates really feel anything being withdrawals although it's also used for alcohol withdrawals.

Maybe it's the sub causing your anxiety? Keep an anxiety attack diary to help you keep up witht these attacks and find your triggers. Hope you feel better soon.