• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Opinions. Best cities in the country to live in.

Billz

Greenlighter
Been thinking about moving quite a lot lately. I'm 40 yrs old. Single. I'm just curious what other members think. If you had the choice to pack up everything and move what state would you move to. I collect disability so i have a little income that gives me the flexibility to move, I really don't want to live in the city I currently live in much longer. The first couple places that come to mind are California, preferably beach area. Denver, maybe New York City. Jersey City. Hoboken.

Lol I read the title and was wondering like, how can a city be out in the country?? But then I realized you meant America so yeah, I'm an idiot hahah Montgomery Al, come down where it quite for a while

Cincinnati. Grand Rapids. Louisville. Charleston.

i had similar thoughts at first: Charleston, Grand Rapids, Boise, Austin..

if you can afford to live along the California coast there's too many options to list: i would start with Eureka or Arcata, look into Pacifica and various locations down to Monterey, then perhaps stop around Santa Barbara.

California coast will be too expensive on disability. Check out Oregon coast. Or California slightly inland--places like the Vista-area (near San Diego), Westlake Village or Oxnard (near LA), Willits (Mendocino). I would avoid going too far inland because it gets meth-y and redneck-y (or just old and/or boring).

Somewhat depends on what you want to do as well. If you want warm but you're a drinker/general law abiding GOP-type, I'd say Sun Belt (Florida through Texas). But if you enjoy cannabis, somewhere like Oregon or Colorado (not Denver though, too pricey) would be better suited. If you're into heroin the West isn't a great option unless you like black tar. (I get into drugs bc this is a drug-oriented site, but it would apply to anything)

San Francisco is kind of perfect in my opinion. Not in the US but it's the only place I'd continue living.
If I had to live in the US though, anywhere on the west coast seems to have a nice vibe to it.

New York City if you dig the energy. I've lived ten+ in the US and I loved it and miss it. Not LA.

Why would you want to live in a city if you're not working? Your money will go so much further in a rural area.