• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Funny but true. Soda tolerance

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Ok, when it comes to gabapentin. I usually go for the dr. Pepper and monster drink. Today I got my official script of 600 3 times a day. So yesterday I borrowed 300 mg capsule and had 11 of them. I barely felt anything. And my tolerance isn't very high even tho I have one.

So today I switched up to Pepsi and the buzz started roaring. This ain't a placebo effect. I took a minimal dose earlier while drinking Pepper but got no glow even after a lemon super strong monster drink.

So I just got Pepsi and I'm feeling it now.

So my question is. Is there some kind of soda tolerance associated with getting high on gabas, for those of us who do.

Or is my lyrica script that I get at the beginning of the month the answer to why gabapentin is not packing the punch it used to have. Granted I'm always have either lyrica or gabapentin in my system but only at the amounts prescribed. Sometimes smaller than I pop a lot and would feel it but then it just seemed to be mellow. Maybe I burned all my gabapentin calcium channels out or something.

Try and reproduce the effects again on a different day using Pepsi and that might clear up the mystery. The Pepsi might have phosphoric acid in it vs Dr pepper not, giving you a lower stomach pH and therefore enhancing the absorption. Probably not of much importance though as Lyrica seems to be superior in almost every way and I doubt you will ever want to go back to pentin unless you have a financial issue.