• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Sober Living is now recruiting for moderator positions!

Captain.Heroin

Bluelight Crew
Sober Living (SL) seeks a dedicated, enthusiastic person to join the team and help moderate the forum.

In your application it would be handy to note the following:

* Your location
* The amount of time you spend on Bluelight each day
* Any particular interests you have being a moderator in Sober Living and what you feel you could bring to the forum as a moderator
* Any experiences or skills you have that would be of benefit to the forum
* Ideas for improvements and/or activities or threads to add to our forum
* Why you are interested in Sober Living
* Any additional information you would like to include

Some of the necessary tasks expected of a moderator:

* to be an active contributor to the forum, to build forum content, add discussion, and to provide level headed advice in a place of non-judgment
* check all forum threads for violations of BLUA and forum guidelines and enforce our rules
* respond to reports on threads in Sober Living
* edit, merge, move threads to appropriate forums, modify posts as required
* other general forum responsibilities

Please PM your application to the moderators of Sober Living:

Captain.Heroin, herbavore, neversickanymore, Priesttheycalledhim, Toothpastedog, And Vaya.

Since the Recovery Forums deal with members who are in need of support in the area of mental health and addiction, it's important that moderators are able to check their designated forum on a daily basis, reply to threads, reported posts, and perform other basic moderator duties. How committed can you be to the forums? By achieving the goal of consistent moderator activity and participation, we can ensure that our members needs are met, and continue making Bluelight the community we love.

Thanks in advance to all who apply!

Please submit your applications by October 31st, 2016.

We value the input of all members and moderators in different stages of use and recovery. Posting history and support offered to others will also be considered in the selection process. If you feel like you'd be a good addition to the team, by all means please apply!

Feel free to ask any questions!

To those who have applied, thank you. I look forward to seeing the rest of your applications as they come in over the next 11 days.

Moderating a BL subforum is a lot of responsibility but it is also very, very rewarding. I strongly encourage any of you who feel like you'd like to support the forum that has supported your recovery to apply. The current staff will be here to help support you as you get used to your new duties however may be necessary.

You should be putting your own recovery first, of course, but I have to admit that moderating SL has really enhanced my own journey. Being part of the BL staff community running the site behind the scenes is a lot of fun.

It is truly an honor to work with the outstanding people I have the opportunity to volunteering my time on BL. Hell, I use the site enough anyways, right :)

Thank you for submitting your application :)

Keep 'em rolling on in folks!

Panthera_onca_at_the_Toronto_Zoo_2.jpg