• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets [Luc Besson]

Blue_Phlame

Bluelight Crew
As a huge fan of most, Luc Besson films; there appears to be another one in the works.

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
r7I9Twp.jpg

I just found out about it less than 10 minutes ago, and I figured i'd ask whether anyone else here was a fan of Luc Besson films

Some of the more memorable one's i've seen that he's been a director, screenwriter, and/or producer for:
1984 - Subway
1990 - Nikita
1994 - Léon: The Professional
1997 - The Fifth Element
1998 - Taxi
2001 - Wasabi
2003 - Ong-Bak: Muay Thai Warrior
2005 - Angel-A

among others...

Starring
Dane DeHaan
Cara Delevingne
Clive Owen
Rihanna
Kris Wu
John Goodman
Ethan Hawke

can't wait.

I liked the American version of La Femme Nikita more than the original. American one was Point of No Return. They were very similar, but I found the woman in the original super annoying.

I've only seen a few of the other movies, but I've always enjoyed The Fifth Element since I was younger; saw it in the theater actually. Of the ones I've seen Léon: The Professional was the best of them. It also features a super young Natalie Portman and a scary, drug using Gary Oldman as the bad guy.

^The names for that Joan of Arc movie alone are all that's needed for me to warrant looking it up and finding a copy.

I'm happy to see sci-fi becoming a mainstay film concept in the 21st century. It seemed like for a few years there wasn't much of anything worth seeing coming out. The last 4 Star Wars movies certainly can't be included in the sci-fi genre.

he does the best action films these days imo

^Lol

Honestly, the ad made me less interested, plus I didn't find 'Because' to be an appropriate soundtrack to the trailer. But really, it doesn't look far off from the fantasy of The 5th Element, sooo... I'll still see it

Last edited:
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Trailer

Saw a trailer while going in for Ghost in the Shell

I'm so excite.

Last edited:
Loved The Big Blue, and I really liked Subway, Nikita and Leon but I never tried his Sci-Fi stuff. I will remedy that with The 5th Element soon.

^ the fifth element is my second favorite movie of all time :)

alasdair

Loved The Big Blue, and I really liked Subway, Nikita and Leon but I never tried his Sci-Fi stuff. I will remedy that with The 5th Element soon.

Be sure to watch the uncut/unabridged version. For some reason, USA butchers out some parts of the film(s).
Like this little gem.

I did not like the trailer and the music to it was not right or did'nt feel for it. Two actors or actor and actress that i dont think make the acting grade and I predict a disappointment. But hey thats my opinion and you should never start a sentence with a but.

"Put your hands in the yellow circles" -5th Element .... Priceless

Lucy was a trip and had just enough story based in real science to be intriguing.. A little out there at the middle/ end but visually stunning..

220px-Lucy_%282014_film%29_poster.jpg

Valerian_and_the_City_of_a_Thousand_Planets.jpg

Starring
Dane DeHaan
Cara Delevingne
Clive Owen
Rihanna
Kris Wu
John Goodman
Ethan Hawke
&
Herbie Hancock

very interesting indeed..

12 days to go ?

full disclosure: the 5th element is in my top 2 movies of all time :)

saw valerian and the city of a thousand planets yesterday (with herbavore :) ) and it was great. everything i hoped it would be - the look of the movie is absolutely breathtaking!

alasdair

Might I ask what gives it such a high rating for you? Not that I hate the Fifth Element. Just curious.
i love the incredible, stylized look of the movie - it just bursts with color and cool imagery. i love the costume design and set design. i love the performances of bruce willis, gary oldman, ian holm and milla jovovich and chris tucker's ridiculous over-acting. i love the special effects and the explosions. i love the comedy. and i love the plot - i love that it's a beautiful love story and that, in the end, he saves the world and gets the girl. it's unadulterated, unashamed escapism and it makes me smile every time i watch it.

What would be number one then?
12 angry men

my top 2 couldn't be any more different :)

alasdair