• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What are you listening to? XXIX : Foolsgold, your audialgasms will never be forgotten

OK, so mu gob is only half the size of what is was 24 hours ago but the pain is excruciating now the numbness caused by the severe swelling has gone. So, after making a personal promise that I will not go chasing poppies today (which is as difficult as ever as, for once, there is genuine 'fire' all over the suburbs...) I have found and used hte remaining 20 - 30 mg of my DCK and chased is with a few lines of phenmet, add the secret ingredient....

fabric62-djsneak-packshot.jpg

And the morning is improving considerably. I already have 20 mins of housework uner my belt so now I've reported in my sunrise selection of debauchery I'm going to do a few more constructive things while my brain is nice.

I'm still a fair bit pranged off of the whizz so the unimaginative dance music selection continues.

Oliver Lieb - BBC R1 Essential Mix 19/82001

First time I have listened to this in about 6 or 7 years. Fucking trippy as fuck getting sucked back into this while half clarted.

I'd been lucky enough to see this guy play on my B'Day @ GK in Code, Birmingham. It was the first time I heard a proper techno set played in a mainstream club (I would not see Picotto for the first time until that years Global Gathering) and was blown away, so a couple of months down the line I was thrilled to see the BBC had booked him to play an EM.

I was living at home at the time, having just moved back in following the end of my first serious relationship. So, I invited a couple of mates (one a colleague - a charge nurse who had just discovered the joys of taking pills and amazing discos) around for a chill and a clart, with the Lieb EM eagerly awaited come 2am. We all got pretty mashed pretty quickly - versaces I had and in the 3 years they wee knocking about they were always silly strong, then just as the 3 of us went over the top of the roller-coaster of the first pill, another friend rang to tell me that a close colleague and friend of ours had just dropped dead. Just for x - tra headfuck I'd flallen out with him and wasn't talking to him at the time.

Problem is with ees, even news like that doesn't blow your high on the surface, we were all speechless and I would have been blarting if we were not rolling around the floor mashup. My friend from work had an instant headfuck, here he was, a 46 year old man smashing the strongest pills that had been going round Wolves from before the Millennium, only to find out that a colleague4 years younger than him had just dropped dead from a massive heart attack.

With nothing else to do but have another bean we were all super on one matey like, but the nights events meant that we mostly just went off on our own private trips, as of course Mr Original here already had loud club music waxing away so we could trance out on the yips.

I hung on doing a final tablet until about 01.45, so I just started to roll again in time for Liebs EM on the wireless. Now that 3rd pil is always way more trippy than the first one anyway, but talk about space cadetery, I just lay flat on my back while this epic, dark and trippy as fuck techno mix rolled over and over in my head, as he played alot of the same records as he had at Godskitchen a couple of months prior, I didn't find it hard to take myself back there, imagining the amazing club lighting they had n there, rolling around with the music in a fashion that makes you feel like your trapped in a machine. But, of course, just to keep the flavour nice and dark, naturally my dead friend was never far from my thoughts.

So, as amazing as it is I hope you can make sense of what an automatic headfuck listening to this amazing selection is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTHPXAJgG88

This rave related tl:dr anecdote has been brought to you today by....

Pretty Good Whizz

Really nice dark green ganja I got last night.

And no sleep

Peter Perrett - How The West Was Won

brand new Peter Perrett album - and holy FUCK this is a great record!
the Only Ones are one of my favourite bands of all time - and then out of the fucking blue, Peter Perrett drops this incredible record.
sounds like it just came out of the late 1970s. his voice, his lyrics are still so bloody good.
i'm super impressed. god damn.

I'm still a fair bit pranged off of the whizz so the unimaginative dance music selection continues.

Oliver Lieb - BBC R1 Essential Mix 19/82001

First time I have listened to this in about 6 or 7 years. Fucking trippy as fuck getting sucked back into this while half clarted.

I'd been lucky enough to see this guy play on my B'Day @ GK in Code, Birmingham. It was the first time I heard a proper techno set played in a mainstream club (I would not see Picotto for the first time until that years Global Gathering) and was blown away, so a couple of months down the line I was thrilled to see the BBC had booked him to play an EM.

I was living at home at the time, having just moved back in following the end of my first serious relationship. So, I invited a couple of mates (one a colleague - a charge nurse who had just discovered the joys of taking pills and amazing discos) around for a chill and a clart, with the Lieb EM eagerly awaited come 2am. We all got pretty mashed pretty quickly - versaces I had and in the 3 years they wee knocking about they were always silly strong, then just as the 3 of us went over the top of the roller-coaster of the first pill, another friend rang to tell me that a close colleague and friend of ours had just dropped dead. Just for x - tra headfuck I'd flallen out with him and wasn't talking to him at the time.

Problem is with ees, even news like that doesn't blow your high on the surface, we were all speechless and I would have been blarting if we were not rolling around the floor mashup. My friend from work had an instant headfuck, here he was, a 46 year old man smashing the strongest pills that had been going round Wolves from before the Millennium, only to find out that a colleague4 years younger than him had just dropped dead from a massive heart attack.

With nothing else to do but have another bean we were all super on one matey like, but the nights events meant that we mostly just went off on our own private trips, as of course Mr Original here already had loud club music waxing away so we could trance out on the yips.

I hung on doing a final tablet until about 01.45, so I just started to roll again in time for Liebs EM on the wireless. Now that 3rd pil is always way more trippy than the first one anyway, but talk about space cadetery, I just lay flat on my back while this epic, dark and trippy as fuck techno mix rolled over and over in my head, as he played alot of the same records as he had at Godskitchen a couple of months prior, I didn't find it hard to take myself back there, imagining the amazing club lighting they had n there, rolling around with the music in a fashion that makes you feel like your trapped in a machine. But, of course, just to keep the flavour nice and dark, naturally my dead friend was never far from my thoughts.

So, as amazing as it is I hope you can make sense of what an automatic headfuck listening to this amazing selection is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTHPXAJgG88

This rave related tl:dr anecdote has been brought to you today by....

Pretty Good Whizz

Really nice dark green ganja I got last night.

And no sleep

Ha, wicked post. Sounded like pretty good whizz indeed! ;)

It's a different vibe but the LSG - Into Deep (i.e Oliver Lieb, for those who don't know) album is my all time favourite album. Just beautiful, raw powerful broken beats of a kind I've never heard elsewhere. It's downtempo but it's pretty much it's own genre.

<3

L.S.G. - Into Deep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYZqrStqZ9I

Black Grape - Nine Lives - Decent tune off the new album, mostly posted cos I just fukkin' love that bonecat :D

Happy Mondays - Reverend Black Grape (live @ Glastonbury, 2000) - Decent version of a classic tune, mostly posted cos the state of Bez is one of the best I have ever seen =D

Happy Mondays - Step On (Shaun and Bez fighting) live MEN Arena 2008 - Could've been a helluva a lot worse at that stage of things version of a couple quality tunes (WFL is reprised towards the end)

Seriously must get around to d/l that new Black Grape album, dammit! ><

/Shaun Ryder fanboyism

<3