• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzodiazepines

Zaravoth1

Greenlighter
This post is about abuse/withdrawal and I don't want to hear how bad they are. I understand.

So I recently got into benzos in june of 2016. I wanted to try them because most recreational drugs that I use give me anxiety and these were amazing when I first started taking them. I also have an anxiety disorder but a VERY well understanding on drug abuse and what It looks like and what It can do. I've tried every drug but I only like weed and I drink now from time to time. BUT I'm very self aware and I like to kill problems before they become too big.. xanax is one of those things that you can't take for granted. Knowing the dangers of addiction I thought I was smart enough to fuck around with xanax (yes, I know..) Over the course of a couple months I have been on and off using/abusing xanax sometimes I will give myself a week inbetween sometimes a little more. Sometimes days in a row. It's wierd. And I have experienced minor withdrawls after abuse but they shodtly subside after a couple days. I don't know a good amount about benzos, and Because I'm not getting them pharmaceutically, I don't know which benzos I'm taking. Like why are greens bars so much more expensive than white bars when they are the exact same chemical and same amount of milligrams but different pharmacy? And how fast am I building a tolerance when I'm taking these? Who know's if they're 2mg's or pressed. I love the high. Hate dealing with this.. I guess my question is how many mg's of xanax is needed over how much time to experience those nightmarish withdrawals??? Trying to keep it chill. Don't wanna end up regretting this.
Ps I'm 19

I guess my question is how many mg's of xanax is needed over how much time to experience those nightmarish withdrawals??? Trying to keep it chill. Don't wanna end up regretting this.
Ps I'm 19

It's horses for courses, unfortunately the only way to accurately assess this is after it's too late.

The answer with this entire subtype of drugs is too use as little as possible as infrequently as possible to manage whatever symptoms you are using them for - not only will this reduce your chances of ending up with a serious dependency but it will also maintain the drugs maximum efficacy. What you appear to be describing may be simply 'rebound' symptoms of your original problems, which always appear to return magnified if suppressed with these sorts of medicines - especially the medium / short duration compounds like 'Xanax' (alprazolam).

I've been on 1mg of a benzo four times a day for over ten years. I'm so upset that my pdoc didn't say how bad it is to get off them.

Ive never abused them - but he wants me to jump down to 3x a day. I drink no alcohol and use no drugs other than prescribed. I don't know if that is too fast, he didn't say what, and I don't know if he knows what he's doing. I have bipolar disorder 1, chronic pain (benzo has muscle relaxing properties), C-PTSD, OCD, GAD, Social Anxiety and Panic disorder. Geez....I'm terrified. Plus, I'm disabled from all the foregoing. I also take Percocet/APAP (5-325mg every four hours as needed)...this is from prior neck and back surgery (chronic pain). It's prescribed by my GP but both doctors know all,my meds.

Orher psych meds Bupropion XL 450mg, Adderall 20 IR (2x daily), Lexapro 15 mg, Lamictal 240 mg, and Geodon 120 mg. This is also thru pdoc.

Its a lot of meds but it's kept me stable for the longest period so far.

im dependent on Klonopin, Percocet but not addicted. Very careful. Brother heroin addict and alcoholic. I'm recovered alcoholic.

I am not sure if Adderall is good for me. Sorry for rambling. I'm a disabled lawyer. Pdoc said I need meds for life. I agree. But benzo thing is scaring me. All of the brain toxicity....from all of it. I had no idea until reading here. But I'm not an addict and I'm mentally and physically ill...no cure. *Sigh*

Pdoc said study came put linking Benzos to memory loss (duh, lmao). Frankly, I'm middle-aged in a youthful way. I think I'd roll the dice and keep Benzos for quality of life.

I know now it is best for almost everyone to get off Benzos, but I think I may be an exception. Especially as there is only dependence, not addiction, and he has been a good pdoc....certainly he's written those scripts out for ten years for a reason. They aren't even PRN. Take 1mg every six hours. I was on Xanax but asked to be switched to Klonopin.

Any worlds of insight or just hope, I appreciate! Please PM me if you prefer. I appreciate the support.

Last edited:
I've been on 1mg of a benzo four times a day for over ten years. I'm so upset that my pdoc didn't say how bad it is to get off them.

Ive never abused them - but he wants me to jump down to 3x a day. I drink no alcohol and use no drugs other than prescribed. I don't know if that is too fast, he didn't say what, and I don't know if he knows what he's doing. I have bipolar disorder, chronic pain (benzo has muscle relaxing properties), C-PTSD, OCD, GAD, Social Anxiety and Panic disorder. Geez....I'm terrified. Plus, I'm disabled from all the foregoing.

I know now it is best for almost everyone to get off Benzos, but I think I may be an exception. Especially as there is only dependence, not addiction, and he has been a good pdoc....certainly he's written those scripts out for ten years for a reason. They aren't even PRN. Take 1mg every six hours. I was on Xanax but asked to be switched to Klonopin.

Any worlds of insight or just hope, I appreciate! Please PM me if you prefer. I appreciate the support.

Stopping benzos doesn't have to be a horrible experience if you do a nice slow taper. It's great that you switched to Klonopin as that lasts longer than Xanax, and in a way you are already familiar what a taper will feel like as Xanax tends to be the most recreational of all of the prescribed benzos. You have a couple of options; you can switch to diazepam now as this is the easiest benzos to taper [long half-life] or you can taper more off of the Klonopin and then switch to the diazepam when you are at lower doses of the Klonopin. Seeing that you take it every six hours you may want to just switch to diazepam. Diazepam is also much more convenient to get in smaller units, and most compounding pharmacies will be able to mix a 1mg solution for you. This is important as you do not want to rush the taper, and having to cut/break pills gets to be difficult depending on the dose. Also, cutting/breaking pills is not consistent so your doses are variable, and ideally you want to know exactly what you are taking.

I think decreasing Klonopin by a pill at a time is too fast, but you can negotiate that out with your doctor. I am going to include the link to the Ashton Manual at the end of my post which details how to do a comfortable benzo taper - it is the Gold Standard of stopping benzos. If at any point you begin to feel bad in your taper you can always slow it down more. The reason why you read about people having horrible experiences when stopping benzos is because they either stopped cold turkey or they tapered too quickly. Physiologically when that happens the body is unable to regulate the neurotransmitter glutamate which causes excessive glutamate which ultimately does neurological damage, which is why people feel terrible for so long as it takes a long time for the body to recover and heal from that condition (Excitotoxicity. Once that process initiates very real damage is happening which will take time to heal which is why it's important to not go too quickly with the taper, particularly at the end. This is why I mentioned the diazepam as there is no good way to measure pills accurately when you are breaking/cutting them, and you don't want to just quit when you're down to a quarter of a Klonopin, that is still too high to just stop comfortably. Please let me know if you have any questions. I know you're nervous about tapering but if done correctly it does not have to be an uncomfortable situation. Also, feel free to message me any time. Take care and good luck!

Here is a link to the Ashton Manual - you may want to share this with your doctor and come up with a decent taper schedule. Ashton Manual

This post is about abuse/withdrawal and I don't want to hear how bad they are. I understand.

So I recently got into benzos in june of 2016. I wanted to try them because most recreational drugs that I use give me anxiety and these were amazing when I first started taking them. I also have an anxiety disorder but a VERY well understanding on drug abuse and what It looks like and what It can do. I've tried every drug but I only like weed and I drink now from time to time. BUT I'm very self aware and I like to kill problems before they become too big.. xanax is one of those things that you can't take for granted. Knowing the dangers of addiction I thought I was smart enough to fuck around with xanax (yes, I know..) Over the course of a couple months I have been on and off using/abusing xanax sometimes I will give myself a week inbetween sometimes a little more. Sometimes days in a row. It's wierd. And I have experienced minor withdrawls after abuse but they shodtly subside after a couple days. I don't know a good amount about benzos, and Because I'm not getting them pharmaceutically, I don't know which benzos I'm taking. Like why are greens bars so much more expensive than white bars when they are the exact same chemical and same amount of milligrams but different pharmacy? And how fast am I building a tolerance when I'm taking these? Who know's if they're 2mg's or pressed. I love the high. Hate dealing with this.. I guess my question is how many mg's of xanax is needed over how much time to experience those nightmarish withdrawals??? Trying to keep it chill. Don't wanna end up regretting this.
Ps I'm 19

Zaravoth1 -

1. Like why are greens bars so much more expensive than white bars when they are the exact same chemical and same amount of milligrams but different pharmacy?

It could be a number of reasons - profit margin, cost to the pharmacy, generic or name brand, ingredients, etc. Some differences between name brand meds and generic meds are that the name brand med uses a more expensive more bio-available ingredient where as the generic uses a cheaper less bio-available ingredient thus making the generic less expensive and less functional for the users. Are you certain the ingredients are exactly the same? Do you know the manufacturing companies for each?

2. I guess my question is how many mg's of xanax is needed over how much time to experience those nightmarish withdrawals?

One the surface it may seem like there is a quick and easy definitive answer but what you are asking is very complex, especially with benzos. There are many variables such as which benzo specifically because their half lives are different and this is a big influence in tolerance and addiction. It's much easier to get addicted to Xanax than it is to get addicted to diazepam because the half life of diazepam is longer so it stays in your system longer, where as the half life of Xanax is very quick which requires more frequent dosing.

There is not a specific mg amount that will determine addiction. Addiction to benzos seems to be more related to a dosage/frequency ratio, how much for how long. For example, someone can take .25 mg of Xanax and get horribly hooked if they took that daily for years (me). However, some people can get hooked in a matter of weeks if they play into tolerance and keep increasing their dose with each subsequent use (many threads about this in The Dark Side).

Some people manage to use them three times a week and get addicted, some people use three times a week and do not get addicted...it depends on the type, dose, and frequency. I will say Xanax is one of the most insidious of benzos because of the short half-life...if you are already experiencing withdrawal or "rebound" symptoms then put more days in between the days that you use. Based on some of the info you have mentioned, you are walking that line. I will also add that if you switch to a longer acting benzo you will be in a better position to avoid a nasty addiction, however, the longer acting benzos don't feel nearly as good as Xanax and it's hard to switch once you're used to Xanax (I'm keying in on Xanax because you mentioned it but am not certain that is what you are taking). I had an open running script to Xanax for a decade and hated when I ran out as the other benzos were worthless to me - they didn't feel good or take the anxiety away. It would be safer for me to ask you directly what are you taking, how much are you taking, and what is your dosing schedule to give you an answer.

I am just going to add a short statement, not necessarily about you specifically because addictions are different for different people.

Addiction can start multiple ways. The reason its started plays a major role in recovery.
1. Unintentional addiction/taking for clinical reasons
You do not have to be under a doctors care for this to happen
When you take these drugs for clinical purposes, especially xanax, (alprolazam).
Xanax, treats and temporarily cures anxiety. And in people with dopamine and serotonin imbalances, can also shut down visual or auditory hallucinations. Examples of cases are bad LSD trips, Methamphetamine and its derivitive withdrawals (emotional and psychoactive symptoms can be temporarily shut down with a good amount for your brain chemistry) and these symptoms also all include paranoia. Which can make you surf the internet trying to find out why you have symptoms
Number one, the major pointer Is that. Denial, is a bitch. You can read and convince yourself of things from brain damage, all the way to hyperthyroidism. But you take a xanax or a benzo and your good. That's your sign. If you experience denial, you most likely started because of external anxiety triggers. This is the hard one to kick.
The length of time you were on the drug you will probably have symptoms, drug addiction (all drugs) also comes to play. Do not substitute anything for TAPERED ABSTINENCE. Taper slow, diazepam and clonazepam work great.

2. Taken for euphoria, or as a recreational downer.
This one you already have the mindset to win. I was in denial for about 5 years. Your best route of beating this addiction is to find a benzo wise doctor who will taper you down. Slowly!
As you come off this drug, you may change as a person and you may develop psychological symptoms of withdrawal and then PAWS.
Good luck to you! When you start to doubt yourself, if you are safe to do so id recommended hallucinogen therapy for any emotional troubles as opposed to more pharmaceuticals.

Here are some substances that can directly help physical withdrawal symptoms.
1. More benzodiazepines.
2. Alcohol
3. Nicotine
4. Opiates (indirect)
5. Antihistamines (vistiril works a little better than most)
6. St johns wort (will take up to three weeks before mood differences start)
7. Some antidepressents. (trazadone, soma)

Be careful when using these. Mostly alcohol, and antidepressants.

Here are some substances that can directly help physical withdrawal symptoms.
1. More benzodiazepines.
2. Alcohol (I don't drink. And it reacts with meds.)
3. Nicotine (I quit smoking when I quit drinking.)
4. Opiates (indirect) Already on pain management
5. Antihistamines (vistiril works a little better than most)
6. St johns wort (will take up to three weeks before mood differences start)....dangerous with regular anti-depressant
7. Some antidepressents. (trazadone, soma)
Trazadone is a very old anti-D. Used as a sleeping pill nowadays. Doesn't help me sleep.

Soma is a muscle relaxer, not an anti-D.

Be careful when using these. Mostly alcohol, and antidepressants.

Please see my comments above...thank you for your reply! xo =]

Last edited:
I am just going to add a short statement, not necessarily about you specifically because addictions are different for different people.

Addiction can start multiple ways. The reason its started plays a major role in recovery.
1. Unintentional addiction/taking for clinical reasons
You do not have to be under a doctors care for this to happen
When you take these drugs for clinical purposes, especially xanax, (alprolazam).
Xanax, treats and temporarily cures anxiety. And in people with dopamine and serotonin imbalances, can also shut down visual or auditory hallucinations. Examples of cases are bad LSD trips, Methamphetamine and its derivitive withdrawals (emotional and psychoactive symptoms can be temporarily shut down with a good amount for your brain chemistry) and these symptoms also all include paranoia. Which can make you surf the internet trying to find out why you have symptoms
Number one, the major pointer Is that. Denial, is a bitch. You can read and convince yourself of things from brain damage, all the way to hyperthyroidism. But you take a xanax or a benzo and your good. That's your sign. If you experience denial, you most likely started because of external anxiety triggers. This is the hard one to kick.
The length of time you were on the drug you will probably have symptoms, drug addiction (all drugs) also comes to play. Do not substitute anything for TAPERED ABSTINENCE. Taper slow, diazepam and clonazepam work great.

2. Taken for euphoria, or as a recreational downer.
This one you already have the mindset to win. I was in denial for about 5 years. Your best route of beating this addiction is to find a benzo wise doctor who will taper you down. Slowly!
As you come off this drug, you may change as a person and you may develop psychological symptoms of withdrawal and then PAWS.
Good luck to you! When you start to doubt yourself, if you are safe to do so id recommended hallucinogen therapy for any emotional troubles as opposed to more pharmaceuticals.

Thanks! I've been on 1 mg dosage on my benzo for nine years and I never abuse. I am dependent. I appreciate your feedback.
I'm not in denial. But I appreciate your thoughtfulness..I did that with alcohol.

Moreaux, thanks for your post and the info! We did discuss reducing by 0.5 for two months next appt. And do that for two months. I'm also going to get a good therapist for my anxiety. My pdoc is on board with my Percocet - quality of life and I never abuse. I have a check up with my GP on it tomorrow actually.

I will share the Ashton manual with pdoc. I don't know how much he wants to reduce me yet.

I dont know what what the future holds. I do know it means no abusing meds, no cigs, no alcohol
I got this! I'll keep you guys posted. xo

Last edited:
Does anyone here remember airmailchemist. There product was the real deal.
After that it was firstvipcircle.?????

I was prescribed Klonopin for chronic headaches and neck ache several years ago. I had no idea how attached I would become. It reminds me of the thing in the Alien movies that attaches to your face. I have been on 2mg a day (1mg twice a day). I recently tried to taper off because of the short term memory problems. I dropped a quarter pill (12.5%) for 12 days, then another quarter pill for 15 days. I have access to hundreds of .5mg Xanax and was using them to help. The last five days of the second drop of 12.5% was living hell. The headaches came back involving both shoulders and all my head and would start first thing in the morning. Before I started this med the headaches would start every day around 3:00 or 4:00 PM. I gave up and went back to 1mg twice a day and was better but it took a couple of days for the headaches to completely stop. I may try again with a 5% drop every 15 days, I dont know. It is scary. I'm wondering if a tryptamine might help, as in a fungus or a microdose of a lysergamide. I may try.
Good luck to all.
J

BTW, I am also on Norco 10-325 x4.5 a day, Fioricet x2a day, I'll drink a few beers if I want to of a couple shots of rye whiskey. I still take 1 to 1.5 Xanax now and then if the headaches get bad, but most of the time they are gone. I take melatonin, 8mg of tizanadine, 1of the Klonopin, and a couple ibuprofen at bedtime... it still takes me a couple of hours to go to sleep. I tried the Xanax on my own several years ago to help with the headaches, they weren't doing the job so I stopped. About two weeks after I stopped it hit me one afternoon,I almost didn't make it home. I had no idea what was wrong. After a couple of days of feeling like my body was trying to turn inside out I went to the doctor, we talked, he figured out it was the Xanax. He prescribed me some .25mg and I tapered over a couple of months and had no problems, then he put me on the Klonopon and here I am stuck in the middle with you! ?
J

does anyone remember getting pills off airmailchemist or firstvip circle?
Im looking for a reliable source of valium. Can anyone help me please

does anyone remember getting pills off airmailchemist or firstvip circle?
Im looking for a reliable source of valium. Can anyone help me please

Sourcing is against BLUA and not allowed to be discussed.

Sourcing is against BLUA and not allowed to be discussed.

Absolutely - and please U/A / delete this Moreaux if you think that it is inappropriate, but in response to scottishvs's inappropriate plea for diazepam, I just wanted to highlight some of the dangers that current Scottish diazepam users are currently facing -

-dependence on 10mg 'blue' generic diazepam tablets has been a major drug epidemic in Scotland for sometime, and in light of the UK's ban on RC benzodiazepines back in the summer, many of the clandestine 'diazepam' tablets, a lot of which are pressed, stamped and packaged in an identical fashion to the generic brands of diazepam we use across the uk in medicine, now contain one or any number of these more 'novel' benzodiazepines (and other completely different drugs) - so even if you get a source of diazepam that appears to 'work' - it could contain any of the drugs mentioned above making accurate dosing and the subsequent insight into potential doage escalation IMPOSSIBLE to assess.

SO - scottishvs (scottishvaliums? or something along those lines?) = PLEASE read our user agreement and do not attempt to use BL again to source this or any other drug, but if you do happen to find what you are looking for (and are still reading...) - get it tested - there are professional services that will do this in the UK for you - one particular charity that does this has a lot of current samples of supposed 10mg diazepam tablets, but looking at what some of the active ingredients are in these counterfeits would in some instances turn anyone's hair blue.....

and if your still having problems? surrender to some treatment mate - it may save your life

The Ashton manual should be mandatory reading for doctors. I read as many horror stories about legit prescriptions as people experimenting