TDS Legal drug to stay alive

Yup, but I don't think that will help. There's no trigger, my mood just swings for absolutely no reason.

Last edited:
Please keep in mind everything comes with nasty side effects - including mood stabilizers and recreational drugs. Not everybody gets all the side effects from one particular substance...in fact, you don't know how something will affect you until you try it. If being non biased in you research then you would realize that more often than not the effects of self medicating with recreational drugs are far more devestating to life than most psych drugs, and the small number of psych drugs that appear to be worse wouldn't be something you would take for a mood stabilizer.

Most recreational drugs are illegal because they do have devestating effects that often lead to a significantly diminished quality of life, sometimes including loss of life. Please soberly consider seeing a professional and trying their recommendations as what if those work and they even put your moods? You may not even have to take one of the meds you listed, though it's possible you may. What if it works? You'll never know if you don't try. They work for many people but often you don't read the positive stories online because people are out living their lives having fun, not stuck at home complaining about it online. It is widely known that self medicating with recreational drugs does not often end well. Most addicts have and underlying mental health issue and they become addicts accidentally from self medicating, myself included.

Please see a professional to at least find out what you're dealing with. Please be very careful with the alcohol. I will write more later. Still trying to find that one study on benzos, I didn't book mark it and have since cleared my cache.

Please keep in mind everything comes with nasty side effects - including mood stabilizers and recreational drugs. Not everybody gets all the side effects from one particular substance...in fact, you don't know how something will affect you until you try it. If being non biased in you research then you would realize that more often than not the effects of self medicating with recreational drugs are far more devestating to life than most psych drugs, and the small number of psych drugs that appear to be worse wouldn't be something you would take for a mood stabilizer.

Most recreational drugs are illegal because they do have devestating effects that often lead to a significantly diminished quality of life, sometimes including loss of life. Please soberly consider seeing a professional and trying their recommendations as what if those work and they even put your moods? You may not even have to take one of the meds you listed, though it's possible you may. What if it works? You'll never know if you don't try. They work for many people but often you don't read the positive stories online because people are out living their lives having fun, not stuck at home complaining about it online. It is widely known that self medicating with recreational drugs does not often end well. Most addicts have and underlying mental health issue and they become addicts accidentally from self medicating, myself included.

Please see a professional to at least find out what you're dealing with. Please be very careful with the alcohol. I will write more later. Still trying to find that one study on benzos, I didn't book mark it and have since cleared my cache.

I do know where self medication leads to in the long but it's working for now and that's all that really matters. If things do turn out bad, I have a way out.

I don't think that recreational drugs are illegal because of their "devasting" effects because that would result in EtOH being illegal too... It's mostly because of ignorance and stupidity.

What did/do you suffer from?

Yeah I will... Someday. I'm not drinking everyday, it's unlikely that I will become addicted to it.

Yeah I will... Someday. I'm not drinking everyday, it's unlikely that I will become addicted to it.

That's what I thought at first too. Now I've lost count of how many times I've been to detox. Either way, I second Moreaux. Go to a professional and get evaluated. And this notion that recreational drugs are fine but anything pharmaceutical is bad is false. There's plenty of people that take pharmaceutical drugs to treat their mental illness that go on to have decent lives. I haven't had the best luck, but like everything else different people respond differently. Also, pretty much all drugs have side effects, legal or not.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm trying to. It's not easy to do when you don't really care about living.

They do, but most of them are not going to kill your liver and thyroid.

I suffer from OCD which includes anxiety and depression. I would almost say that it borders on delusional because the OCD thought process is so irrational at times, but it is controllable with mindfulness and CBT.

I have to agree with nuttynutskin - prescribed pharmaceuticals taken as indicated help millions of people. We don't hear about those instances where they are working because those people are out loving their lives and being productive. We hear about the worse case situations because when it goes wrong it can be devestating and people are much more vigilant in advertising a bad experience than a positive one.

Part of your current feeling of apathy toward living is your mental frame of mind. It really sounds like a neurotransmitter imbalance which can be resolved with psych meds. With a bipolar disorder, the statistics of being able to fix that yourself by self medicating are abysmal (though I'm not wholly convinced you have bipolar, or a mood disorder at all as many other minor conditions can present the symptoms you described).

Alcohol as quickly drains the will to live from people, even if you're not drinking every day. The more frequently you drink the longer it takes to recover, and if you're bouncing between substances you're not allowing your body to fully recover so you aren't achieving baseline. Without you having a diagnosis I am really hesitant to discuss specific supplements because the results could potentially be devestating.

Regardless of how you want to medicate, I really think you need to speak to a professional so you know what you are dealing with. I think you should also get bloodwork done to check hormone levels, nutritional levels, and neurotransmitter levels. At this point, everything is speculation :/ I do promise you that your apathy is a symptom of a larger issue. Try to force yourself to go see a professional as the longer you procrastinate the worse you will feel over time.

I suffer from OCD which includes anxiety and depression. I would almost say that it borders on delusional because the OCD thought process is so irrational at times, but it is controllable with mindfulness and CBT.

I have to agree with nuttynutskin - prescribed pharmaceuticals taken as indicated help millions of people. We don't hear about those instances where they are working because those people are out loving their lives and being productive. We hear about the worse case situations because when it goes wrong it can be devestating and people are much more vigilant in advertising a bad experience than a positive one.

Part of your current feeling of apathy toward living is your mental frame of mind. It really sounds like a neurotransmitter imbalance which can be resolved with psych meds. With a bipolar disorder, the statistics of being able to fix that yourself by self medicating are abysmal (though I'm not wholly convinced you have bipolar, or a mood disorder at all as many other minor conditions can present the symptoms you described).

Alcohol as quickly drains the will to live from people, even if you're not drinking every day. The more frequently you drink the longer it takes to recover, and if you're bouncing between substances you're not allowing your body to fully recover so you aren't achieving baseline. Without you having a diagnosis I am really hesitant to discuss specific supplements because the results could potentially be devestating.

Regardless of how you want to medicate, I really think you need to speak to a professional so you know what you are dealing with. I think you should also get bloodwork done to check hormone levels, nutritional levels, and neurotransmitter levels. At this point, everything is speculation :/ I do promise you that your apathy is a symptom of a larger issue. Try to force yourself to go see a professional as the longer you procrastinate the worse you will feel over time.

Yeah I'm gonna try to go a doctor soon.

I drank a little too much today and I'm still feeling like crap hours later. which kinda made me understand your point about how self medication is a bad idea. I don't want to become an alcoholic.

It's not really procrastination, it's just that I don't care enough. Yeah hopefully it's something fixable...

Yeah I'm gonna try to go a doctor soon.

I drank a little too much today and I'm still feeling like crap hours later. which kinda made me understand your point about how self medication is a bad idea. I don't want to become an alcoholic.

It's not really procrastination, it's just that I don't care enough. Yeah hopefully it's something fixable...

Sorry you're not feeling well. Aside from the hangover, alcohol is also insidious with how it disrupts sleep so there are multiple factors in how it ultimately acts to make you feel worse. Consider getting some l-theanine - it's calming. You won't outright feel it set in, but it helps to feel more at ease.

It is something that is fixable, it just takes time to find the right treatment...that's the hardest part imo. I wanted issues to be instantly resolved because I lacked patience so I would discount valid treatment which just prolonged the misery. I always found hard to reach out for help. Do yourself a favor, call and schedule the appointment today. Most likely it will be a few weeks before they can see you so you won't have to see them in the immediate future. Often these problems just continue to get worse until they are addressed.

Hangovers are terrible but the worse part is that alcohol doesn't produce euphoria anymore.

I don't know why but I can't seem to find the courage to even talk to a doctor about my condition.

Last edited:
How are you feeling these days? I'm not into Big Pharma....but if you need psych meds, there are many that you don't feel side effects. Truly. And they WORK. It can take a few tries, but it's totally doable. Would I prefer to not take them? Sure. But my brain is hard wired differently. I wouldn't be typing this right now if I never sought treatment. I'm on the severe end....most can get away with less.

Some of these psych meds have side effects or don't help. You don't take those. I don't take anything that sedates me or makes me gain weight. And no lithium. Period. Worked that out with my doc, no problem. My best med is a mood stabilizer called Lamictal. I experience no side effects. It works on the depressive side. Just an example.

Dont get me wrong, I've done my share of self-medicating....but get a referral to a good psychiatrist that will work with you, if you aren't doing well. If you are bipolar there are lots of good days ahead. Sometimes too good lol. I can assure you getting high will not get you feeling good on an ongoing basis. It helps for a bit.

Some days aren't good. That's how it goes. Depression is always temporary. You're not alone. Thinking of you. DM me anytime.