• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Help me - Quitting Kratom - W/D support

touchdown

Greenlighter
Some quick backround on me. Long story short: I relapsed and went through IV H addiction for the fifth time last winter after 3 years sober. I had hurt my back at work badly which started it. I went to detox for a week. Came out depressed.

So I went to Kratom, which I had tried before. This was in late March. I developed a bad habit. Every day. I have been unable to get a job and take care of myself. I lost all interest in other things. I became isolated. I was SO HAPPY they decided to ban it, so I grabbed a stash and finished it off. I was doing about 30g a day.

Then, they didn't ban it, and I went back to it. I was clean for almost 72 hours. The W/D was half as bad as real opiates. The store I was using stopped selling, so I went to another one that was twice as expensive. I have been going there 10 days and it has left me broke and in a lot of trouble. So I took my last dose at 9PM last night.

My W/D right now is about a 4. I honestly think most of it is in my head. I have plans to go back to the gym and start working out again like I used to when I was clean. I hope this helps me.

The worst part of this is - I can't tell anyone in my life about it. I really NEED support. I have been through bad opiate addiction before, so I know what it's like. I need to get my life back together and this needs to stop. I am planning on posting a journal here of the W/D. Like I said I made it 72 hours before, and besides the RLS at night, it wasn't all that bad, compared with H W/D.

I am trying to be optimistic and start new. This addiction has ruined 8 months of my life. I would greatly appreciate it if you would share your experience/strength/hope with me during this time. Thanks.

Bro, you got this... were all here. take sometime and look up on bluelight some OTC meds you can buy that help with the W/D symptoms... it is basically only half as bad as H withdraws... you should have tried to taper but whatever. just cut out all obligations you currently have, and just sit it out... watch tv shows... we have all been there where your just depressed, feeling shitty with no energy to do anything... it will pass.

The taper would have been a smarter idea, but to each his own. Chamomile, Valerian, sleepy tea from the store, bud, will all help you get off. Those herbs like valerian will also help straighten out your head. Excercise and eat healthy.You should be fine.

The taper would have been a smarter idea, but to each his own. Chamomile, Valerian, sleepy tea from the store, bud, will all help you get off. Those herbs like valerian will also help straighten out your head. Excercise and eat healthy.You should be fine.

Sleepy Time EXTRA works surprisingly well, much better than plain chamomile although doesn't taste as good. I used it as one part of my sleep cocktail when I came off daily kratom the day the ban was announced.

It's main ingredients chamomile 600mg, Tilia Estrella 160mg, valerian 25mg. If you use this I'd buy additional valerian root, melatonin and chelated magnesium.

Some quick backround on me. Long story short: I relapsed and went through IV H addiction for the fifth time last winter after 3 years sober. I had hurt my back at work badly which started it. I went to detox for a week. Came out depressed.

So I went to Kratom, which I had tried before. This was in late March. I developed a bad habit. Every day. I have been unable to get a job and take care of myself. I lost all interest in other things. I became isolated. I was SO HAPPY they decided to ban it, so I grabbed a stash and finished it off. I was doing about 30g a day.

Then, they didn't ban it, and I went back to it. I was clean for almost 72 hours. The W/D was half as bad as real opiates. The store I was using stopped selling, so I went to another one that was twice as expensive. I have been going there 10 days and it has left me broke and in a lot of trouble. So I took my last dose at 9PM last night.

My W/D right now is about a 4. I honestly think most of it is in my head. I have plans to go back to the gym and start working out again like I used to when I was clean. I hope this helps me.

The worst part of this is - I can't tell anyone in my life about it. I really NEED support. I have been through bad opiate addiction before, so I know what it's like. I need to get my life back together and this needs to stop. I am planning on posting a journal here of the W/D. Like I said I made it 72 hours before, and besides the RLS at night, it wasn't all that bad, compared with H W/D.

I am trying to be optimistic and start new. This addiction has ruined 8 months of my life. I would greatly appreciate it if you would share your experience/strength/hope with me during this time. Thanks.
To save money and use less you should dose on an empty stomach. Keep trying, you are almost there :)

Update: I messed up a bit. I went a day without it, the bought about 20 grams. It wasn't worth it, it was expired and barely did anything, way overpriced, and just wasting money on it caused huge problems.

Two days later (yesterday), I bought a smaller dose, about 10 grams. I am mad at my self for not going the distance. Taking a day off then using a smaller dose might help the W/D, but I need to get through it. Honestly, it isn't that bad. I am really just getting the restless feelings, difficult to sleep, yawning and stretching. I think the FEAR of W/D is probably way worse than actually finishing it, probably because I have been through bad H and oxy withdrawal before.

I psych myself out by looking at stories on the internet on really bad kratom withdrawal. I have been making it 48 hours the past few days but keep thinking it's just starting when it probably isn't.

Anyway, here we go again. Mad at myself for using. But I took a day off in between and the doses were smaller. The 10 grams was less than a third of what I used to take, so I am hoping this really causes minimal discomfort and so that I can finish that crap off once and for all.

Thanks for support.

This.
You have to slowly taper yourself off, allowing your body to get used to it, while simultaneously disciplining your mind to be content with less.

-Hopeless

I was using Kratom for about the same amount of time and dosages as you. I started a slow taper around February/March and finished around June. I won't lie, I've been hooked everything from H to oxy and this was just as bad, for me.

But I got through it. I was clean for about 3 months, the I heard about the ban and decided to get one last hoorah in before it was all over. This time, however, I tried extracts. And then the ban didn't happen. Still recovering from what ended up being about a 3 week binge on extracts.

Looks like our situations are similar. I am mad they didn't ban it actually, I thought it was the only way I could stop. I have had bad addictions to H and that makes it harder. I am a day and a half in and my symptoms come and go. Hot/cold flashes and that AWFUL restlessness feeling.

Extracts are worse, from what I heard. How have you been off it? I hope I start getting better by day 4 like I did with the other things, even though it's not bad, the mental part of just thinking "I am in withdrawal" is worse probably because of the horrible memories I have had over the years.

all you need is clonodine and a benzo (longer last, the better) and you should have no problem getting off Kratom.

I've kicked dope everytime w/ this combo and never a problem; after 5 days you should start feeling better; esp. since its just Kratom.

Thanks, but I am trying to do this without anything (except some beer and weed).
beer and weed - drugs
clonodine and benzo - drugs

whats the difference? the difference is one is for withdrawal of any type of opiate and the other is to just get fucked up and hope you feel better. lol

we are talking 3-4 days of using those things; nothing abusive and neither are a drug that you will get a "good" feel from; beer and weed will actually make you "feel" better even tho it wont help w/ WD.

Right now, they are a pain in the a$$ to get. I hope this doesn't really get bad though. kratom shouldn't really be a big deal.

im hooked too man, it sucks, such a great drug, but i hate swallowing huge mouthfuls of bitter green shit..... it honestly is a better drug than heroin, except for the route of administration... if i good smoke kratom off foil and it chased/tasted like heroin , i wouldn't need any thing else in the world.... but eating mouthfuls of that god awful powder sucks balls .... and if i don't take kratom at least every 6-7 hours WD hits me like a bitch... not as bad as real opiates, but bad enough i won't sleep and my stomach will hurt and ill be depressed.

Thanks for the replies. I broke down last night and bought 15 MG maeng da for $20. I was about 64 hours in. The only thing that was bothering me was that annoying leg pain coupled with some restlessness. Since I made this thread here is how it has gone.
Quit day - clean day - 20 grams - clean day - 10 grams - clean day - 15 grams - today.
I am hoping that this doesn't set me back; I doubt it will because my regular dosing over the past 6 months was about 30 grams per day split into 2 doses, and I would wake up feeling sh!tty every day. Today I woke up feeling almost fine.

Starting over every other day really sucks. I need to get to the 72 hour point. The leg pain, restlessness, and insomnia are the only things really bothering me.

all you need is clonodine and a benzo (longer last, the better) and you should have no problem getting off Kratom.

I've kicked dope everytime w/ this combo and never a problem; after 5 days you should start feeling better; esp. since its just Kratom.
Boy I tell ya, that's so true! The one time I kicked one of my many mini habits of BTH, I used about a dozen klonopins over 4 days and it went by pretty painlessly. I guess I'm lucky I never got my hands on H and benZos at the same time, only once that I recall, because I sure loved the hell out of it.