• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I made this!

Unique art clocks

I had hopes at the start of the year that maybe I could start making individual clock designs and sell them on fleabay. Unfortunately they ended up taking so long to make that the price I would have had to charge made the whole venture totally unrealistic. The top one was the most recent and an attempt to produce a more simple design. I tend to get very obsessive about these things and would stay up all night trying different colours and stuff. I originally had plans to start using perspex and led lighting and had loads of ideas for designs buzzing around. In the end it went nowhere.
qteC3Uo.jpg
38tb410.jpg
[/IMG]
D6Zyd4o.jpg
[/IMG]

Those clock faces are fantastic! Ask the price they deserve and see what happens. What about etsy as well?

Realistically £70-£100 depending on how much work went into them. The most I could realistically charge is £30 + postage on ebay and then they take their 10%, paypal take their 4% etc. If I got a better production methodology worked out I could get the price down and probably improve the quality. The paint I was using is whatever I could get my hands on and some of it was really gloopy and difficult to work with and they're just painted on 3 ply with cheap Chinese clock movements. It would be nice to be able to come up with 10 really strong designs and then do variants on each one, all being unique pieces. maybe I'll get back into doing some more soon.

Last edited:
Definitely check out etsy. That place is a hotbed for stuff like that. £70 - £100 isn't outrageous by any means.

Garyglisten I would gladly pay 100 dollars for one of your pieces! You have a ton of talent.

It always amazes me how talented many of you are. I wasn't blessed with the artistic gene myself but I get a lot of pleasure just looking at other peoples work.

What creative hobbies do you have cj? I figure you for the sort of person who is quite talented in something creative, even if you haven't done it in a while or discovered your gift(s) yet.

What creative hobbies do you have cj? I figure you for the sort of person who is quite talented in something creative, even if you haven't done it in a while or discovered your gift(s) yet.
I have always had an artistic/ creative streak. I used to record my own music until about 2006 (it was my main passion for most of my life from the age of 10 onwards) when I became totally disillusioned with everything and embarked on a series of costly and doomed relationships with girls in the Philippines, one of whom I married in 2010. I used to work in the UK during the summer months and then spend several months with my wife in Negros Occidental until things went pear shaped due to trust issues & financial problems etc. I attended art college in 1996 and did the first year of a two year BTEC diploma in art and design but had all my work stolen during a 2 week period of illness so I packed it in..there were other reasons too. I tried designing fonts for pc (it's a LOT of work and very frustrating with program crashes and stuff), some of which are available on the internet and I tried to interest some of the main font foundries in my designs but didn't get anywhere. I'm not fishing for sympathy or anything, I just haven't been very lucky and I suppose I'm not focused enough, not pushy enough and not someone who likes to compromise so I didn't really help myself tbh.
men-failure-poor-drinking-alcoholism-success-33931647_low.jpg

fonts here. http://www.fontfreak.com/authors/Owen_Turley.htm oops.. that's my name.. don't tell anyone.
renderosity gallery.. https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/?uid=412026 yeah I know, anyone can do fractals.
I have a soundcloud page but soundcloud have rigged it so you can't link to it. It's all pretty old now tho.
Fractal video and some of my music from 10+ years back

The closest thing I have to artistic talent is writing. I enjoy picking the right word to describe things and trying to create flow between sentences and paragraphs. It also helps me make sense of my own thoughts and feelings.

^And you are a good writer!<3

Writing is very therapeutic for me also.

I haven't posted any of my art to this site, but here's a painting I've been working on. I'm stuck and need to get he motivation to finish it. It's acrylic on canvas, 48 x 36.

V2Sv6NG.jpg

Thx! It's not finished, I need to work on Sammy's hands and finish Frank.