• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox IV fentanyl withdrawal

Dihydrocodeine is essentially twice as strong as codeine phosphate, so use considerably less (less is more with codeine used for this purpose; you want to do what is necessary to be comfortable but also try and use as little as possible). They actually use dihydrocodeine to detox people off methadone, although probably at lower dosages than what you are taking.

Chances are buprenorphine for seven days will be plenty to get you over the hump of acute withdrawal. Definitely look into getting some gabapentin and clonidine for the next could weeks as well, and some non-habit forming sleeping medication to help with insomnia during early recovery (if you have issues with insomnia).

Glad to hear you are doing well.

Hey. Just letting you know I've started subutex (prefibin this time). The doctor said he wanted to stabilise me, so prescribed 8mg daily for 2 weeks, then he says stop them and have 2 weeks of venlafaxine, then stop everytbing. I've never heard of venlafaxine. I'm on day 3 of 8mg buprenorphine, was rough but feel better today. I think 8mg is a lot to stop from? Even if only taking for 2 week. Do you think I should start tapering the subutex myself before taking the 2 weeks of venlafaxine?

What good is two weeks of venlafaxine? That's an SNRI iirc.

If you're only taking 8mg/day for two weeks of buprenorphine, you won't really need to taper as you won't have spent enough time on the medication to really become dependent on it. You'll only be on it long enough for the opioids you've been struggling with to get out of your system.

Taper isn't necessarily a bad idea, just that it isn't necessarily like it would be for someone who spent months or years on the stuff.

The doc said the venlafaxine has worked wonders with people recently for methadone to subutex to nothing. I've researched it after and its close structure to tramadol and does something with serotonin. I dont really understand all that. He says I'll feel like I've got a cold after lol. When I stop the buprenorphine do u think I'll get bad withdrawals after that?

If you're coming off methadone you'll have some minor symptoms linger, or at least that is likely. Like some sleep disturbances, minor GI issues (maybe), minor RLS (maybe), changes in libido, etc will continue for 1-6 months. These aren't anything like withdrawal though. More like normal everyday life kinda issues.

And stuff like that is to be expected. Your body-mind and neurochemistry are going through a lot of changes. You've had seven years to psychologically and biophysically adjust to the the presence of methadone. It will take some time before your systems get back to more balanced states again without the presence of any other opioids.

Who knows, maybe the venlafaxine will help. I've never heard of it being used like that for such a short period of time, so I'd be interested to hear if you notice anything. Definitely consider keeping stuff like gabapentin and a sleep aid around for at least the first month or two post cessation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rls is the most annoying thing now. I've got to see the doctor 3 times in the 2 weeks while im on venlafaxine, must be to check me over, blood pressure ect I would think. Ill let you know if it helps

I've got the drug name wrong. It's lofexidine, Still never heard of it? was Google searching what I thought the doctor said, but it's definitely Lofexidine.i pick it up in 10 days, Hope that makes a bit more sense lol

Get your doctor to prescribe you gabapentin for the RLS. Or there is ropinirole if that isn't enough.

Lofexidine makes much more sense, that looks a lot like clonidine which is very helpful in withdrawal.

Ok, cheers. I'll ask him next time I see him. Going to see if he'll prescribe me zopiclone as well. Them seroquel are to much! If you take 1 200mg it knocks you out for night but you can't move the next day. Seriously I couldn't even stand up. I even tried 50mg last night. Still feel like a zombie. Don't know if that's normal for everyone, I want taking another lol. Not a good feeling lol.

Yeah, I can't tolerate antipsychotics either.- it's not uncommon. As long as you don't take something like zopiclone for too long (months), you should be fine with it. Down the road if you need a more permanent solution, there are other medications like trazodone that work fairly well.

Hey it's been awhile decided to let you guys know I'm doing fairly well staying sober had a kind of close call the other day however... Thursday the week before last I think..anyways, so I was at a gas station and ran into one of my main my dope mans...so...yeah I got a bag. He told me he had two kinds, but wasn't gonna give me the fire one because he was scared since I had a couple weeks sobriety under my belt, and it was strong...so I took the other shit, he said I'd like it good enuff, my tolerance was down.
Took a shower and did the bag, and was grossly disappointed with it, felt a rush, but not like i wanted and remember it being (yeah used to always do a couple bags at least at a time, I know, But- still, felt the rush should have been better. So, 3am, text him to convey my dissatisfaction. He was like, well, I'm right down the road a such-n-such hotel, I'll make it right, let u have a bag of the other scary shit .... So, whaddya think I did??
So the next morning, I went to "take a shower"...my co-workers were in our hotels parking lot, hooking up to the trailer, filling the water coolers, etc, and finally get tired of waiting on me, so Wes goes in our room to check on me....

So I have been told my breathing was extremely​ shallow and about 2-3 times a min....Idk if I call it an overdose because I wasn't narcan'ed or had any life-saving measures performed such as rescue breathing or cpr...
Been sober since then.

Sounds like a "mild" OD. You're lucky you hasn't taken any benzos or been drinking, otherwise you definitely would have required naloxone. I've had OD's that didn't require naloxone before, they're far to close to not coming back for comfort.

Ok, so, WTF....got restless leg like a mofo...haven't used any dope in a few weeks. Wds gone why am I am I feeling like this

RLS has lingered for over a month in one way shape of form, or didn't present until after the acute withdrawal ended, with some opioids I've used (namely buprenorphine and PPT).

Get some Tiger Balm and take a hot shower/bath/jacuzzi!

Just a update. Doctor changed detox dates because I have to have 3 meeting during 2week detox, so I've been stuck off work on subutex for 4 week, but atleast I'm off the methadone, had a rough time swapping to subs. Ended up using couple of times.first time in ages, pissed off but I'm now on 8mg sub an I start the lofexadine on tuesday, hopefully everything will be back on track, just need to get motivated again.

Now on day 6 with no subutex, been rough about 6 weeks cos of fast taper off methadone then onto subutex, but stopped at 8mg sub and went onto this lofexadine, and few other things metoclopramide with is good, plus buscapan lopermide and ibruprofin. Lofexadine is definitely worth trying, it's felt like I'm wearing lead clothes all week but getting easier now, plus I've been taking 1 x 7.5 zopiclone at night and I've slept atleast 5 to 6 hours every night, which is crazy cos I normally never sleep in withdrawel, so it's definitely down to the lofexadine. It's still not easy, been pretty uncomfortable all week but could have been 10x worse I think. First time in about 11 or 12 years I've got no opiets in my system, sounds crazy lol

That is huge! Great work my friend. You've been working hard and it is beginning to pay off. The more you keep at it, getting healthier I mean, the greater the pay off will be :)

What dose of methadone where you on before switching to sub?

Yeah thanks, feeling better every day. Just getting apitate back. I was on 75ml methadone cj. I tapered down to about 35 no problem, Easier than I thought it would be. Then i fast tapered to 10ish then jumped to subutex, that was pretty rough lol. Still not as bad as a proper heroin rattle tho