• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox IV fentanyl withdrawal

Methadone will change your life for the better in ways you can hardly imagine. I've been where you are Zoe. It's no way to live
Hi. How long was you on methadone for? And are you now free of methadone? I'm currently coming off it

I've been on it a little over 2 years. I am not ready to come off it yet though I've been trying with the idea of tapering down to the 120mg mark. I am at 170MG now.

Hi. How long was you on methadone for? And are you now free of methadone? I'm currently coming off it

Are you tapering (what has your taper been like)? Have you gotten the necessary comfort meds lined up for when you transition off the methadone?

Not gonna do the liquid handcuffs again. Just getting used to not having to wake up early every morning to cop....not wanting to start that daily grind again just yet...

Are you tapering (what has your taper been like)? Have you gotten the necessary comfort meds lined up for when you transition off the methadone?
Wow 170 is a lot. I've been on it over 7 years. I was on 75ml for years while occasionally using heroin. I've not used for a while now. I tapered 2ml every 2 week no problem. Start to feel like it's not lasting 24hr when I got to about 35. I'm off work now to try and finish it off. 5ml every 3=4 days.feeling rough all day but still getting 5=6 hours sleep a night. Got some valium on way but don't normally bother with benzo's, think I'll need them from the 10ml down

Just a update. The drop from 15ml to 10ml felt to much, was burning up already. so took 4ml to take edge off. Going to try 1ml a day from now, see how that goes. Getting some imodium see if that helps. Only heard of it reading here, anyone know how much I should take? I've ordered 18 x 2mg ?

Sounds like slowing down your dose reductions to no more than once a week would make things easier on you. A lot of people choose to reduce the dose by only 1mg/week once they get down to around 40mg doses. I'd highly recommend slowing down your taper, and even taking a few weeks off tapering at all to stabilize a bit. Sounds like you're going a little faster than your body can handle.

Moved to a nicer hotel down the street from the one I was living in, the place is not nearly as hot either....only possible downside is my old one was known as the PLACE TO GO for dope and crack...But I have my BP girlies and we all know working gals are spenders and pretty reliable clientele....Oh yeah, I was lucky enough to run into an old connect of mine so I got a good plug on some even better dope than what I had been moving and using (and that was some fire shit, this new is already spread news as being OD dope since starting to carry bags ​of one OD already) the key is sell twice what you use...Then you are getting high for free (or close to it, depends on the price ya can get on wholesale, I double my price for retail).... I'm delerious and it's time to fix.... My love to all y'alls

Hey Cap'n!!!!!!! How you been sweetheart I'm glad to hear from you love!
Dmn, you sure lead an exciting life. When i used i never had any opportunities like this :)

Methadone will change your life for the better in ways you can hardly imagine. I've been where you are Zoe. It's no way to live
That's for sure!
I've been on 15mg methadone daily for a couple years or so, it has been great except my metabolism has slowed, and now every single goddamn calorie beyond the minimum stacks as fat ;(

Dmn, you sure lead an exciting life. When i used i never had any opportunities like this :)

This is true, but TBH I'd rather have the peace and quit of my life these days than the kind of excitement I knew in active addiction. Fuck that rollercoaster, far too stressful IMHO.

Sounds like slowing down your dose reductions to no more than once a week would make things easier on you. A lot of people choose to reduce the dose by only 1mg/week once they get down to around 40mg doses. I'd highly recommend slowing down your taper, and even taking a few weeks off tapering at all to stabilize a bit. Sounds like you're going a little faster than your body can handle.
Thanks for the advice. I've been preparing and I'm now off work to do it. So can't really stabilize for a while cos I really need to be back at work in 4-5 week. I can cope with withdrawals if not major while I have home comforts. Will try the 1ml daily for now see how it goes. If to much I'll have to reassess. I've sorted my mentality out recently and I'm no itching to go score, just had enough of it

I recently used Imodium to successfully withdraw from Methadone with pretty much no side effects or DT's.... I've been on methadone for 5 years. I've been methadone free for almost 3 weeks now....
I was surprised to hear that. When I came off Methadone it literally took over 1 month to get physically okay, but so much more to overcome all the psychological effects as well as all the sadness and lethargy. I was an in-and-out patient for a long time, not to mention that so many others who after going through the first months chose to stay in a low dose. Not so many happy endings for those who quit methadone, unfortunately. //But I have also read you have had other issues. How are you now?

Last edited:
That's for sure!

I've been on 15mg methadone daily for a couple years or so, it has been great except my metabolism has slowed, and now every single goddamn calorie beyond the minimum stacks as fat ;(
15ml wouldn't hold me all day. I tapered slow 2ml every 2week from 75ml to 35ml. I Stayed on that I while why I sorted work out. I Just hated waking up same time 5am feeling like shit every day. I just need to find a tolerable pace to get off it. I expected to be ill for a while why detoxing, just don't want to push myself to far, no matter how ill I get I won't use H.had enough now. Anyone used Imodium for meth withdrawal? Any advice

15mg/day held me fine at the end, but I taper down super slowly at 1mg/day from 40mg down to 10mg taking a few weeks off her and there. Jumping off 10mg wasn't that bad for me because I had all the right comfort meds and used them appropriately (clonidine/gabapentin/buprenorphine/diazepam/trazadone/iboga/etc).

Regarding the loperamide, you'll probably need like 20mg to get any kind of relief. YMMV though. Start slow and work your way up, especially if you are still taking small doses of methadone.

Any chance you can get some clonidine for nighttime and gabapentin for the daytime? Those meds can help a hell of a lot with methadone withdrawal.

So you're basically at 1mL/day right now for your dose? That is huge man! Great work. If you can just stick to that for a couple weeks it will be a lot easier getting off it completely.

This is true, but TBH I'd rather have the peace and quit of my life these days than the kind of excitement I knew in active addiction. Fuck that rollercoaster, far too stressful IMHO.

I agree.... Sitting in my homegirl Jen's room right now waiting on tha fire delivery otw...Yeah I'm a goddam failure dude I feel like crying but I know I could just leave, run, but I'm not...I'm gonna FUCK get high...I'm feeling further down the spiral. Bonus points to anyone who picked up on the nine inch nails ref there .....

:) Thank you for reminding me of one of my favorite bands zoe <3

And fuck that noise - you're not a failure. You might have made mistakes. You might continue making mistakes. But you know what, you can always start making less of them, or being easier on yourself at any point - no matter what you're doing or what drug you're using, it is always possible to go about life in ways that end up creating less harm.

Of course, the sad part is that it often takes something horribly poignant happening (it doesn't necessarily have to be absolutely horrible, but it tends to be pretty drama in terms of altering the course of one's life for most people) before we come to our senses and are able to start being kinder to ourselves and our loved ones.

For me it was always about finding myself, the discovery and exploration of authenticity. That is what I understand the essence of recovery (and life) to be about. That BIG journey :)

The downward spiral is such a great album

15mg/day held me fine at the end, but I taper down super slowly at 1mg/day from 40mg down to 10mg taking a few weeks off her and there. Jumping off 10mg wasn't that bad for me because I had all the right comfort meds and used them appropriately (clonidine/gabapentin/buprenorphine/diazepam/trazadone/iboga/etc).

Regarding the loperamide, you'll probably need like 20mg to get any kind of relief. YMMV though. Start slow and work your way up, especially if you are still taking small doses of methadone.

Any chance you can get some clonidine for nighttime and gabapentin for the daytime? Those meds can help a hell of a lot with methadone withdrawal.

So you're basically at 1mL/day right now for your dose? That is huge man! Great work. If you can just stick to that for a couple weeks it will be a lot easier getting off it completely.
I can't really get any of them meds. Just checked and there all on prescription here. I have 56 diazipan coming but not till later this week. Got Nurofen plus which have 12.5 codine each, have lopermide and also got 10 seroquel 200mg to try for sleeping. Maybe see my worker to get some subutex for fast taper from 10ml down.see how it goes first. I've only took diazipan once years ago, an that was with heroin. Think they'll help much?
An yeah 1ml/day now, see how it goes, feels good knowing I'm so close to getting off it, though I'd be on it forever lol. Can't wait to see how I feel with no meds, my body's had either gear or meth since I was 15.

How old are you now (I'm trying to gauge your habit, given you said you've been using gear/methadone since your were 15)?

With all those meds you should be fine. It will be a bit of a battle psychologically, but in terms of the physiological symptoms of acute withdrawal you've got the basics covered for sure :)

Buprenorphine/Subutex will help a lot with withdrawal, so definitely get some of that if you can. Just make sure you use it properly to avoid precipitated withdrawal. I firmly believe that the codeine and then buprenorphine and diazepam I used to detox myself from methadone made all the difference.

I have a feeling you'll be just fine. It's only a matter of you finding stuff to keep yourself occupied and from getting too caught up in your own head while you're kicking. With these meds, if you use them properly, I guarantee you it won't be all that very painful. I mean, it won't be a walk in the park, but I have a feeling it will be a lot less horrible than the horror stories you hear about when people just C/T methadone or buprenoprhine (or any other opioid for that matter).