• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What Jesus Said

Ninae

Bluelighter
I thought it would be fun to make a thread about the good, and less known, things Jesus said since most people only seem to focus on the negative parts of religion.

We mostly associate him with preaching morality and love for your neighbour, but he taught all kinds of things. He taught about magic, healing, how to find enlightenment, and all kinds of esoteric things. These things you're not as likely to hear, but he gives all kinds of clues for anyone seriously interested in spiritual growth.

When he talks about "The Kingdom of Heaven" he's obviously talking about cosmic consciousness or the state of enlightenment. But us in the West haven't really been exposed to that, so we just find all this talk of the kingdom of heaven annoying and meaningless. He talks like an enlightened person would talk and that doesn't make any sense to the average person.

But if you read his words after having studied Eastern philosphy in any depth you can see he was head-on with sayings like "The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in a field for which a man in his joy goes and sells all he has so he can buy that field". That sums it up pretty well and is like something one of the Indian sages would say.

Anyway, I think some people will get some surprises. I'm going to use The Aquarian Gospel. It's mostly the same, but has some extra bits, and I believe in that.

Last edited:
Jesus on his 7th birthday:

5. And Jesus stood before the guests and said, I had a dream, and in my dream I stood before a sea, upon a sandy beach.
6. The waves upon the sea were high; a storm was raging on the deep.
7. Some one gave me a wand. I took the wand and touched the sand, and every grain of sand became a living thing; the beach was all a mass of beauty and of song.
8. I touched the waters at my feet, and they were changed to trees, and flowers, and singing birds, and every thing was praising God.
9. And some one spoke, I did not see the one who spoke, I heard the voice, which said, There is no death.

I got no qualms with Jesus. Dude was pretty fucking cool TBH.

"Live by the sword, die by the sword."

The Acquarian Bible was written in 1908 using the Akashic records as as source. How is it possible to discuss the contents of it as "what Jesus said"? Wouldn't it be better to focus on the stuff written roughly around the historical period of Jesus's existence? There is even less grounds to take Acquarian Gospels seriously as there is the canonical gospels.

But, I like this: "7. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy"

I think they stand on their own merit. I judge them in the same way as quotes from other teachers. You either get it or you don't.

My intuition tells me there is more of his words in these scriptures. Either way, they're some of the best, if not the best, teachings on the subject I've come across, so they're worth considering if just for that. You can make of that what you will.

Last edited:
Yes, they very well may stand on their own merit, but is it fair to call them "what Jesus said"? More like 'what people say Jesus should have said or meant almost 2000 years later'. ;)

I like what Jesus said when he prevented a crowd from stoning Mary Magdalene to death. "Let he is without sin cast the first stone". Or words to that effect. Nobody is perfect and we should not condemn others for our own flaws. That said, if I think something is wrong, I think it is wrong even if I do it. Me having done a wrong thing doesn't mean I do not recognise it as wrong. It just means that I should understand how others committing this wrong got to that place. Empathy.

15. Joachim said, My son, today you pass the seventh milestone of your way of life, for you are seven years of age, and we will give to you, as a remembrance of this day, whatever you desire; choose that which will afford you most delight.
16. And Jesus said, I do not want a gift, for I am satisfied. If I could make a multitude of children glad upon this day I would be greatly pleased.
17. Now, there are many hungry boys and girls in Nazareth who would be pleased to eat with us this feast and share with us the pleasures of this day.
18. The richest gift that you can give to me is your permission to go out and find these needy ones and bring them here that they may feast with us.
19. Joachim said, 'Tis well; go out and find the needy boys and girls and bring them here; we will prepare enough for all.

2. One morning after service in the synagogue the rabbi said to Jesus as he sat in silent thought, Which is the greatest of the Ten Commands?
3. And Jesus said, I do not see a greatest of the Ten Commands. I see a golden cord that runs through all the Ten Commands that binds them fast and makes them one.
4. This cord is love, and it belongs to every word of all the Ten Commands.
5. If one is full of love he can do nothing else than worship God; for God is love.
6. If one is full of love, he cannot kill; he cannot falsely testify; he cannot covet; can do naught but honour God and man.
7. If one is full of love he does not need commands of any kind.
8. And Rabbi Barachia said, Your words are seasoned with the salt of wisdom that is from above. Who is the teacher who has opened up this truth to you.
9. And Jesus said, I do not know that any teacher opens up this truth for me. It seems to me that truth was never shut; that it was always opened up, for truth is one and it is everywhere.

13. Now, in the evening Jesus and his mother sat alone, and Jesus said,
14. The rabbi seems to think that God is partial in his treatment of the sons of men; that Jews are favoured and are blest above all other men.
15. I do not see how God can have his favourites and be just.
16. Are not Samaritans and Greeks and Romans just as much the children of the Holy One as are the Jews?
17. I think the Jews have built a wall about themselves, and they see nothing on the other side of it.
18. They do not know that flowers are blooming over there; that sowing times and reaping times belong to anybody but the Jews.
19. It surely would be well if we could break down these barriers down so that the Jews might see that God has other children that are just as greatly blest.
20. I want to go from Jewry land and meet my kin in other countries of my Fatherland.

Why is it so important, what Jesus said ? "If you meet the buddha (messiah), kill him !" Linji

That means, don't get lost in person cult when following your spiritual path. Rather get lost in the practice and adjust it (let it be adjusted) to your needs.

Jesus seems to have been an awesome person. Nevertheless there are just too many different versions about his teachings/character available. And every version seems to emphasize the spoken words higher than the taught practices, that help people most. I'm sure Jesus had learned/developed techniques, that are important to every practicioner, but they somehow get lost in the transfer of oral sayings or in translation.

Why is it important what he said? Why is anything the great wisdom teachers said important? You may be right in saying you should kill the Buddha at the point where you've absorbed everything he has to say and have no more to learn from him, but I'm not personally at that point yet.

I called it "What Jesus Said" because it's meant to be based on what he really said and for all we know it might be. Everyone questions the validity of the biblical records, anyway, so what does it really matter? I personally feel this could be closer to what he really said than anything else, but anyone can make up their own minds.

The main reason I wanted to share it is that it's so beautiful, which anyone can see. And this Jesus is very, very brilliant. He was like an intellectual Ninja, no one could get one over on him. They said no one but Jesus could express himself with such simplicity and power, and it's worth a read only if you appreciate beautiful rhetoric.

I don't believe we have been given much of what he really taught, anyway. The bible says he taught about the kingdom of heaven for 40 days, but we've hardly been left any of that, it's not like they would let anything really enlighteneing out to the public in a time of book burnings. But it seems like he would be able to teach anything you would expect from a guru, and that's why he had so many followers and they couldn't keep the movement down after he died.

I just wanted to share it for those who can appreciate it. It would be nice if we could take the time to appreciate words of wisdom, for once, instead of it getting lost in arguments about proof, etc. Or is that so hard?

Last edited:
I'd love to start quoting A Course in Miracles right now, but then I'd have to address whether it was Jesus who said it or not.

Oh well, I'll slip a couple in anyways and see if they speak for themselves

By giving you receive. But to receive is to accept, not to get.
It is impossible not to have, but it is possible not to know you have

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it. It is not necessary to seek for what is true, but it is necessary to seek for what is false.” (T-16.IV.6:1-2)

Yes, there's a lot of gems in "A Course in Miracles". It's just SO big, I haven't been able to get through it yet.

Jesus's Zen period was my preferred Jesusian era.

Can I get some some support for my neologism there?

What do you mean by his Zen period?

It says in the book he left home when he was 15 and travelled the world for 15 years. He went to study with masters in India, Persia, Greece, and finally Egypt where he went through an initiation in the world's greatest mystery school at Heliopolis and was crowned the Christ.

1. The great feast of the Jews was on, and Joseph, Mary and their son, and many of their kin, went to Jerusalem. The child was ten years old.
2. And Jesus watched the butchers kill the lambs and birds and burn them on the altar in the name of God.
3. His tender heart was shocked at this display of cruelty; he asked the serving priest, What is the purpose of this slaughter of the beasts and birds? Why do you burn their flesh before the Lord?
4. The priest replied, This is our sacrifice for sin. God has commanded us to do these things, and said that in these sacrifices all our sins are blotted out.
5. And Jesus said, Will you be kind enough to tell when God proclaimed that sins are blotted out by sacrifice of any kind?
6. Did not David say that God requires not a sacrifice for sin? that it is a sin itself to bring before his face burnt offerings, as offerings for sin? Did not Isaiah say the same?
7. The priest replied, My child you are beside yourself. Do you know more about the laws of God than all the priests of Israel? This is no place for boys to show their wit.
8. But Jesus heeded not his taunts; he went to Hillel, chief of the Sanhedrim, and he said to him,
9. Rabboni, I would like to talk with you; I am disturbed about this service of the pascal feast. I thought the temple was the house of God where love and kindness dwell.
10. Do you not hear the bleating of those lambs, the pleading of those doves that men are killing over there? Do you not smell that awful stench that comes from burning flesh?
11. Can man be kind and just, and still be filled with cruelty?
12. A God that takes delight in sacrifice, in blood and burning flesh, is not my Father-God.
13. I want to find a God of love, and you, my master, you are wise, and surely you can tell me where to find the God of love.
14. But Hillel could not give an answer to the child. His heart was stirred with sympathy. He called the child to him; he laid his hand upon his head and wept.
15. He said, There is a God of love, and you shall come with me; and hand in hand we will go forth and find the God of love.

"I represent an omniscient and omnipotent being, you must guess his nature and intentions correctly or face eternal perdition."

I'm trying to fact check this one. It might be the general position of some Christians, but I'm having a hard time pinning Jesus down on this position.

What do you mean by his Zen period?

I was being a bit facetious, but I like the few sayings of Jesus that have a kind of Buddhist style logic. Such as the oft quoted "Do to others as you would have them do to you."

It says in the book he left home when he was 15 and travelled the world for 15 years. He went to study with masters in India, Persia, Greece, and finally Egypt where he went through an initiation in the world's greatest mystery school at Heliopolis and was crowned the Christ.

Which book?

But, on that topic, I feel like its a bit too perfect. Don't the Mormons think Jesus visited North America too? If so, Jesus basically completed a world tour of the most eminent spiritual traditions in history. All he needed to do was North America and maybe an ayahuasca ritual down in Peru and he would have experienced much of the worlds spiritual offerings. Some accounts have him being schooled by Druids too. I don't know, I think that given how difficult travelling was back then, it seems a bit unlikely that Jesus was able to get to all these places. The myths which suggest he did only seem to appear post-Christianity. It would be mindblowing if there existed a dated, contemporaneous Hindu source (for example) which verified his visit.

Its interesting to consider what he may have done with the huge gaps in his life (most of his childhood, adoelscence andyoung adulthood is unknown) if he did actually exist. To me, it would be somehow better if he had come up with his ideas first-hand.

I actually think it would make it more understandable if he has spent all his life studying and being taught to come up with his philosophy rather than it just appearing magically out of nowhere like Christianity tries to paint it. There are a lot of stories of Jesus going to Egypt, and maybe India, at least.

It says he started out devouring all the Jewish mystical texts of his time and was taken into the temple to learn at an early age before he wanted to travel to other places to learn more. It just sounds more realistic than someone being born in an all-knowing enlightened state, even though he would always have been special.

He has a perfect grasp of the Eastern wisdom, at least. But by hiding this they're hiding that there is a path for us to become more like him, too. And that has been the worst fear for the rulers of the Western world, that we would become enlightened in any way, shape, or form.

Last edited: