• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What Jesus Said

Those are beautiful words to hear no matter what you believe about the being who spoke them. I'm attracted to it immediately. I think that quote would have made a great response to "Jesus is the demiurge" thread we had recently.

You don't happen to know what book that quote is sourced from?

If someone was trying to argue something in the bible was true you would say there is no way of knowing it's a true account of Jesus life. Now because you don't like the idea he could have done something that isn't in the bible you say all there is to know about his life would be known through the bible. You're not consistent.

You think the problem is that its not in the bible? :D

You bought up these alternative ideas about Jesus's life story and I thought it worth discussing. I see now that you wanted another TTYS/quote thread which is fine but really boring for me.

I'm done posting I think. What's the point? And I ask it of you too, what's the point of you starting topics that you don't truly wish to discuss?

This isn't in the bible but I'm pretty sure Jesus said this.

" I have created you, beloved vermin, in my thrice sacred resemblance and you have responded by betraying me. Thus instead of punishing you, I have punished myself. It was not enough that you resembled me. I, the Impassible, felt a great desire to make myself like you, so that you would become my equals. Therefore I have made myself vermin in your image"

I'm done posting I think. What's the point? And I ask it of you too, what's the point of you starting topics that you don't truly wish to discuss?

To have a thread for sharing and discussing spiritual ideas for those who are interested. Instead of turning it into one big argument for and against, which is how most of these threads seem to end up. I guess that's all you really want, but this thread was meant for those sincerely looking for truth and wisdom.

I don't really know why that would be so hard for you to accept. There are plenty of threads for you to take the Atheism/Christianity debate, or you could start your own.

What I wanted for this thread was for us to discuss the words, as I think they're worthy of discussing, not for it to get lost in another debate about the bible or what Jesus did or didn't do.

Last edited:
Since when is this about atheism?

Going in a general anti-Christian direction, then, and taking the thread off topic.

It's the same as with my Enlightenment thread. I wanted to make a thread for sharing and discussing ideas related to raising of consciousness and you just wanted to turn it in to a big debate about whether there even is such a thing, which is a different topic.

Like Foreigner said, we must be allowed to set up threads for intra-faith discussion and set parameters for how we want it to be discussed. But you're more than welcome to contribute to the thread if you want to say something about the actual topic, or the quotes I post in the thread.

Last edited:
I tend to agree. Everyone has a right to their beliefs and if a topic is started in support of those beliefs with the intention to discuss those beliefs that should be the only focus of discussion. I'm sure I've been guilty of not following that but that was my error.

Getting defensive is what takes threads off topic. As far as I can see, swilow only asked the very valid question of whether some texts or claims about Jesus are true. Which is only normal considering the very many versions of his life and his words. If even asking that is too much for some people, then what can you ask? Do you see the thread as you posting quotes you feel should be attributed to Jesus, and everyone just nodding in acceptance? The thread is called "What Jesus Said". Since there's a lot of controversy about what Jesus did and said due to lack of concrete proof, that's the first thing people will start discussing in such a thread. This forum is for discussion not preaching.

It's not that, it's just that it's not what this thread was made for. Discussing the validity of the bible or other texts about Jesus, what he really did in his life, and if we've been informed about everything he taught or did or not is a whole other topic that could take up the whole thread.

I just wanted to post some beautiful words from a true master, whether they were said by Jesus or not, for those who's be able to appreciate them and don't want it to get lost in these type of arguments. I don't really see the problem in that. I don't have to engage in debate on anything if I don't want to.

But you and Willow are some of the most anti-Christian people I know, so maybe this thread isn't really for you? I don't see how you'd be able to see it in a very objective way, anyway.

Last edited:
I agree with Ninae on this issue.

Spirituality is not about opinion. Nobody cares, whether you think Jesus was not legit. You totally miss the point IMHO. Even if nothing posted in this thread was ever said by a person called Jesus in the past : If the verses are helpful for someone, I see nothing wrong with sharing them in this subforum.

Perhaps the title of this subforum brings groups of people together, that are incompatible. Spirituality (more intuition) only marginally has something to do with philosophy. It seems every thread about spirituality here gets derailed by people, that prefer the philosophical (more rational) approach, which self-defeating for a spiritual person in my experience. I would appreciate a division of this subforum. Too many incompatible contributors.

It's not that, it's just that it's not what this thread was made for. Discussing the validity of the bible or other texts about Jesus, what he really did in his life, and if we've been informed about everything he taught or did or not is a whole other topic that could take up the whole thread.

I just wanted to post some beautiful words from a true master, whether they were said by Jesus or not, for those who's be able to appreciate them and don't want it to get lost in these type of arguments. I don't really see the problem in that. I don't have to engage in debate on anything if I don't want to.

But you and Willow are some of the most anti-Christian people I know, so maybe this thread isn't really for you? I don't see how you'd be able to see it in a very objective way, anyway.

I've already posted on topic in this thread. I have no intention of debate. I know the bible pretty well and I've also done outside research on Jesus the man. I spent most of my youth deeply involved in the christian religion. Not my choice but I was still there. So I plan on staying on topic here. The quote I posted was from a book on the painter Rouault written by a christian seminary student. It's titled "A Vision of Suffering and Salvation"

Ninae, I know this thread isn't something I can contribute to in a way you and some others would like, which is why I hadn't posted anything (and same goes for some of your other threads). The issue here is however a little bigger than me or swilow. If somebody came in and posted a quote attributed to Jesus that you did not feel was accurate, what would you do? Is this a free-for-all where people can just type up anything and say it was said by Jesus and be all like "dun criticize mah quotes!" - I'm not saying anybody did that, but this serious aversion of criticism, or in this case simple validity discussion, is very questionable.

Contrary to what you believe, Ziirp, the atmosphere in this thread suggests that spirituality is all about opinion - opinion that cannot be questioned. The assumption (that has not been questioned) here is that Jesus was an actual person, and the thread is devoted to his thoughts and philosophy. So it follows pretty simply that there must be some factual evidence to support the quotes - either from the Bible or other (preferably direct) sources. Again, I'm not saying everybody is required to provide complete references behind every word, I'm talking about the other side of it, and I'll repeat myself: there are many versions of his life and philosophy, which makes questions about the validity of any one quote justified (to a reasonable extent, of course). Really, simply imagine if somebody posted a quote you didn't think Jesus could/would have said, wouldn't you want to know or check whether it was accurate?

I hope this clarifies it a bit. So as not to derail the thread any more, write your comments, criticism or questions to my PM instead of this thread.

As a side note, I found Cosmic Trigger's quote about vermin a little out of place and was wondering whether he had fabricated it for fun or not, and if I didn't know better, I would have asked.

BD, I only made it to share some of the most best quotes from The Aquarian Gospel, as I thought they were worth sharing and could bring some joy to some. I realise it won't be everyone's cup of tea.

But also spare a thought for those reading this board who might come here looking for spiritual insights (and there are 10 times as many who read than who post). It must get frustrating for some who come here looking for inspiration when most of the board is taken up by people arguing for or against their philosophical outlooks. I've seen some say as much, that the spirituality board on Bluelight should be an intersting place, but it's not.

So maybe we could have some balance and allow room for both types of discussion. It's not like there's any shortage of debating threads. I realise that's all some of you want, that you don't believe there are any spiritual truths to discuss, and they only need to be torn down. But that's not how most who come to a spirituality board are likely to feel.

Ninae, I know this thread isn't something I can contribute to in a way you and some others would like, which is why I hadn't posted anything (and same goes for some of your other threads). The issue here is however a little bigger than me or swilow. If somebody came in and posted a quote attributed to Jesus that you did not feel was accurate, what would you do? Is this a free-for-all where people can just type up anything and say it was said by Jesus and be all like "dun criticize mah quotes!" - I'm not saying anybody did that, but this serious aversion of criticism, or in this case simple validity discussion, is very questionable.

Contrary to what you believe, Ziirp, the atmosphere in this thread suggests that spirituality is all about opinion - opinion that cannot be questioned. The assumption (that has not been questioned) here is that Jesus was an actual person, and the thread is devoted to his thoughts and philosophy. So it follows pretty simply that there must be some factual evidence to support the quotes - either from the Bible or other (preferably direct) sources. Again, I'm not saying everybody is required to provide complete references behind every word, I'm talking about the other side of it, and I'll repeat myself: there are many versions of his life and philosophy, which makes questions about the validity of any one quote justified (to a reasonable extent, of course). Really, simply imagine if somebody posted a quote you didn't think Jesus could/would have said, wouldn't you want to know or check whether it was accurate?

I hope this clarifies it a bit. So as not to derail the thread any more, write your comments, criticism or questions to my PM instead of this thread.

As a side note, I found Cosmic Trigger's quote about vermin a little out of place and was wondering whether he had fabricated it for fun or not, and if I didn't know better, I would have asked.

As I stated before. I personally don't care much about what a person said. I'm against person cults. Practice is more important to me. But if kind words help people, then I don't see a problem in posting those. If it helps them even more to attribute the words to a well-known (fictional or non-fictional) prophet, I don't have a problem with that either. Sometimes through (alleged) quotes one gets to know a new supposed side of a historical character. Like the link between Jesus and the Vedic religion. Hence it would be nice, if anywhere the techniques Jesus learned and applied are mentioned. If that is not the case, it is empty blather for me anyhow. (But could be helpful nevertheless for someone else)

There was an interesting section where he was taught by an Indian physician.

3) And Jesus sought to learn the Hindu art of healing, and became the pupil of Udraka, greatest of the Hindu healers.
4) Udraka taught the uses of the waters, plants and earths; of heat and cold; sunshine and shade; of light and dark.
5) He said,
The laws of nature are the laws of health, and he who lives according to these laws is never sick.
6) Transgression of these laws is sin, and he who sins is sick.
7) He who obeys the laws, maintains an equilibrium in all his parts, and thus insures true harmony; and harmony is health, while discord is disease.
8 ) That which produces harmony in all the parts of man is medicine, insuring health.
9) The body is a harpsichord, and when its strings are too relaxed, or are too tense, the instrument is out of tune, the man is sick.
10) Now, everything in nature has been made to meet the wants of man; so everything is found in medical arcanes.
11) And when the harpsichord of man is out of tune the vast expanse of nature may be searched for remedy; there is a cure for every ailment of the flesh.
12) Of course the will of man is remedy supreme; and by the vigorous exercise of will, man way make tense a chord that is relaxed, or may relax one that is too tense, and thus may heal himself.
13) When man has reached the place where he has faith in God, in nature and himself, he knows the Word of power; his word is balm for every wound, is cure for all the ills of life.
14) The healer is the man who can inspire faith. The tongue may speak to human ears, but souls are reached by souls that speak to souls.
15) He is the forceful man whose soul is large, and who can enter into souls, inspiring hope in those who have no hope, and faith in those who have no faith in God, in nature, nor in man.
16) There is no universal balm for those who tread the common walks of life.
17) A thousand things produce inharmony and make men sick; a thousand things may tune the harpsichord, and make men well.
18 ) That which is medicine for one is poison for another one; so one is healed by what would kill another one.
19) An herb may heal the one; a drink of water may restore another one; a mountain breeze may bring to life one seeming past all help;
20) A coal of fire, or bit of earth, may cure another one; and one may wash in certain streams, or pools, and be made whole.
21) The virtue from the hand or breath may heal a thousand more; but love is queen. Thought, reinforced by love, is God's great sovereign balm.
22) But many of the broken chords in life, and discords that so vex the soul, are caused by evil spirits of the air that men see not; that lead men on through ignorance to break the laws of nature and of God.
23) These powers act like demons, and they speak; they rend the man; they drive him to despair.
24) But he who is a healer, true, is master of the soul, and can, by force of will, control these evil ones.
25) Some spirits of the air are master spirits and are strong, too strong for human power alone; but man has helpers in the higher realms that may be importuned, and they will help to drive the demons out.
26) Of what this great physician said, this is the sum. And Jesus bowed his head in recognition of the wisdom of this master soul, and went his way.

Since none of us actually knew the man Jesus I think it's relevant to have opinions on what he was as a man or as a god. That particular quote spoke to me in a way many don't. If Jesus really was man at least in part and the biblical story is at least somewhat accurate, then I have to empathize with his plight. There's been plenty of times in my life when I'm created conversations between myself and Jesus and I have a strong hit on what might have been the emotions in those last days and hours. I would have liked to have come upon him in that garden, knowing myself what was about to happen and believing he knew it to. I would have liked to hear his words right then. Especially if he was just a man who knew we were all sons of the creative spirit. So that quote felt like something I might hear from him in those last hours.

If anything struck me as a 'spiritual truth' (whatever that is) when I read the bible, then it was that Jesus supposedly said "Don't be afraid". Sadly a lot of christians seem to preach the opposite.