• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anyone familiar with what "doing a push" from a crack pipe means?

TinyPinkMermaid

Bluelighter
I've been dabbling in crack cocaine a little more than usual lately, and I'm sure I still qualify as a n00b.

My more experienced friends have mentioned on multiple occasions about doing a "push." It involves moving the brillo around in the pipe to somehow be able to smoke the residue that has gotten stuck in the pipe.
But can anyone elaborate more for me on how to do this exactly" maybe step by step?

Also:
How often should you change out the brillo in a crack pipe?
And:
How do you know when it is time to change the brillo?
Finally:
HOW exactly do you change the brillo?

Any other tips would be appreciated!

XOXO
Mermaid

As you take hit after hit, oil builds up in the stem. As you push the chore against the oil it collects on the chore, which you can smoke, you will be amazed how much cocaine you can accumulate. Usually when its time to change the chore/brillo it will be when the tiny wires in the chore get burnt out and turn black, which is bad because the cocaine oil seeps through the chore too much and not giving you good hits. All you do is push the chore out of the stem with anything long,such as a screw driver. To put a new chore in the stem, simply tip a tiny piece of chore off and form it into a little ball-small enough to fit in the chore, however make sure you take a lighter and burn the ball of chore to kill off the nasty chemicals, and stuff into the end of the chore. The trick is to make sure it's the perfect size . Suck in the stem and make sure it's not too tight when you suck as it will not give you good hits. Make sure it's not too lose either or you wilI waste a lot of the oil as it will seep down the pipe making it a bitch to eventually scrape (push). The trick is when you are done taking a hit, make sure the pipe is level so the oil built up in the stem hangs out in the middle of the pipe. You don't wabt the oil sitting too close to the chore because you will burn off a lot of the residue,also it tends to loosen up the chore and before you know it when you take a hit the chore flies down the pipe and a pain in the ass.....this is how "i" was taught and how I done it. I'm sure other people on this site have better tips however. This is just basic smokery lol

As you take hit after hit, oil builds up in the stem. As you push the chore against the oil it collects on the chore, which you can smoke, you will be amazed how much cocaine you can accumulate. Usually when its time to change the chore/brillo it will be when the tiny wires in the chore get burnt out and turn black, which is bad because the cocaine oil seeps through the chore too much and not giving you good hits. All you do is push the chore out of the stem with anything long,such as a screw driver. To put a new chore in the stem, simply tip a tiny piece of chore off and form it into a little ball-small enough to fit in the chore, however make sure you take a lighter and burn the ball of chore to kill off the nasty chemicals, and stuff into the end of the chore. The trick is to make sure it's the perfect size . Suck in the stem and make sure it's not too tight when you suck as it will not give you good hits. Make sure it's not too lose either or you wilI waste a lot of the oil as it will seep down the pipe making it a bitch to eventually scrape (push). The trick is when you are done taking a hit, make sure the pipe is level so the oil built up in the stem hangs out in the middle of the pipe. You don't wabt the oil sitting too close to the chore because you will burn off a lot of the residue,also it tends to loosen up the chore and before you know it when you take a hit the chore flies down the pipe and a pain in the ass.....this is how "i" was taught and how I done it. I'm sure other people on this site have better tips however. This is just basic smokery lol

QFT. It's just like how Cannabis resin collects in your pipe as a byproduct of the combustion. When you vaporize Cocaine, a certain amount of solid particles are going to "stick to" and remain inside of your pipe as you use it. Doing a push, as I understand it, is the act of cleaining this stuff out and then re-vaporizing it.

Yes. When the oil solidifies in the stem, pushing the chore through the oil aklows build up on the chore which you can light, vaporize and smoke. Resin hits can be very powerful actually.

Yes. When the oil solidifies in the stem, pushing the chore through the oil aklows build up on the chore which you can light, vaporize and smoke. Resin hits can be very powerful actually.

Yes, so I've heard. I have only used Crack 3-4 times in my entire life, so all of my knowledge is basically hearsay, but apparently, the resin from the inside of the stem can be just as powerful or moreso than the original hit. I really don't know if this is true or not, but if it is, this would make it the antithesis of Cannabis resin, in which the resin is significantly lower in levels of active chemicals than the original hit.

Yes! what I always do when I smoke, is try to keep the brillo on one side of the pipe the whole time I smoke, until I have a massive amount of crack resin built up from just below the brillo to about mid way down the stem... I then push the brillo the other side at the end of my sesh, when all my hard is gone, and get sometimes, one of the best hits out of them all... its crazy how much crack resin you can actually re-cycle and use after all your rocks have been smoked.. if I do enough this way, just smoking from the same end of the pipe my whole time, and have a large amount of crack I am smoking, I can push the resin back and forth a good 5 times and get massive hits! that's the best thing about using a traditional straight shooter glass stem with brillo, rather than a can, a weed bowl/pipe with ash or brillo(which sucks), or the worst, smoking it off foil, that is the worst least efficient way to smoke crack.. it burns faster than you can actually inhale, and you run out of breath trying to inhale it all, while missing like 80% of the smoke.. the most I ever got from that was a tease hit, leaving me craving a real hit of crack(the worst feeling) and numb lips! don't smoke it off foil like you would with heroin, or any other drug like that that is easily vaporized and able to be smoked off foil, crack isn't the same, it doesn't run down the foil for one, just sits in one spot, there for you cant really chase it!

I was going to chime in but you guys had it covered in great detail lol. Reminds me of the bell ringers from 29 years ago

The single best way

The hands down best way is to use a 7 inch long piece of coat hanger. Bend one end to a small handle and put a slight bend on the other end and if possible use cutters to make the scraping end a diagonal cut to be able to dig under resin. Pushing is a waste. One or two hits no matter how big is pointless. I heat up pipe just a little then go past resin with coat hanger and apply pressure and slowly pull back. This will make the resin come off in chunks with the side that was in contact with the pipe being shiny and black. After smoking a 100 piece i can get up to 15 hits off this resin that are better than the rocks were in the first place. With crack a big hit like from pushing is great.....but only for a minute or two and then you want another which pushing will just disappoint you witg. Scrape it out onto a piece of paper and get more hits so that you got somethin to smoke while your dealer brings u more rock since that will be ur first thought after ur last rock hit

If your using a metal stem, make sure your brillow is pushed tight so it will grab all of the resin while you push it through. If your using a glass stem or a "rose" ide suggest scraping it out with a paperclip then putting the semi-see through brown resin back on as if it were another rock. Be careful though, like mentioned before, when it comes to crack, resin hits can be deceiving and alot more potent than you expected.

I just smoked about fifty dollars worth. I took the chore out then took a zip tie and scraped all the residue out the pipe. Put the chore back in then put residue in. Got the biggest best hit.

if you chase h on foil you can do a similar thing with a aluminium tooter, just unfold it after a good session and you can have several really good hits built up in the pipe.

You can also do this with a meth pipe once enough of it has accumulated. Nothing to it since you aren't dealing with Brillo and all that. Then again I've known people that throw the pushback away because of the taste. It was always simultaneously funny and sad to me upon seeing certain people get all hoity toity about their dope/bowl and their meticulous maintenance thereof, while living in a ramshackle trailer full of roaches among god knows what else.

The meth pipes a lot easier, just hit it with a torch and smoke the residue,

I believe the higher potency of the resin obtained scraping or pushing the stem is because it's pure cocaine freebase, while crack is cocaine freebase + some bicarbonate left over from the cooking.
When heat is applied, the base separates from the soda as that doesn't melt and vaporise.

Does that make sense?

The meth pipes a lot easier, just hit it with a torch and smoke the residue,

Right, that's usually what I do, but that oh so fancy trailer park royal family I mentioned had a process. The "correct" way to do it. I hated going over there, but I did what I had to, ya know? No offense to anyone living in a mobile home, btw.

Lol it's better than a tent in the woods, I know some people who do that. Not by choice, they're like animals so damn twacked out

I've met those types, know exactly what you mean. They usually have some very interesting reasoning for doing it, too, aside from any financial issues. Some way of justifying it to themselves, make it not seem so bad.

Oh these used to live in thier family house. House got busted for a lab, they weren't there now they love in a tent in the woods around the house. With a lab

Doing a push is easy as cake. When you?re done smoking all your rock, you should have a good amount of resin and wax inside the pipe. I see that some people suggested pushing the brillo or screens up and down the pipe to collect all the wax, but I prefer to scrape all the wax off with a paper clip. A strong paper clip that?s bent towards the bottom will work great. Hold the pipe with the brillo/ screens end down and scrape the pipe up and down - there?s like a science to it. You get really good at it after awhile. Try not to miss a line. Let all the shavings collect on the screens. When there?s nothing left to scrape, dump the shavings into a bent business card or sheet of paper. Now make sure the screens or brillo don?t have to be adjusted - if so adjust them. Now you just go ahead and dump all the shavings onto the screens and smoke it just like it was rock. You can get a lot of hits from doing this, you?d be surprised - you can usually get another push for every push you do until the very end.

A lot of people have told me that the push is the best part bc it?s purer, but that hasn?t been my experience. Not only does the wax smoke from a push taste horrible, feel weird in my throat and make my nauseous, but the high itself isn?t that great. I realize I always do my pushes at the end after smoking all the rock so of course the high won?t be as good - so maybe if I keep a nice push on the side and save it as my first hit for another day it will be better.

Enjoy and be safe!