• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin and oxycontin

ActiveMatx

Bluelighter
I have never tried heroin, but am a little curious about it's feelings compared to oxycontin.

I have only sniffed oxycontin before. Never have IV or swallowed it.

#1 How does it compare to heroin, I hear that they feel the same.

What differences, similarties do you notice?

#2 And then again, what is your guys favorite method for taking oxycontin?

It's very similiar to Heroin. The only difference is that it takes less heroin to get the same effects. Also, the difference I've noticed is that heroin is more sedating.

I only snort both by the way.

Sniffed heroin and sniffed or eaten oxy feel about the same, except oxy isn't as sedating as heroin. IV heroin is a whole different ballgame and is much stronger and more euphoric than sniffed or eaten oxy. I have never IVed oxy, so I don't know how that compares to IV heroin. Personally I would prefer a high dose of oxy over heroin. I have abandoned IV use, so if I had heroin I would sniff it, and so it would be very similar to oxy but to get to a high level of euphoria I would be taking doses large enough to nod. With oxy, I can take very high doses before I begin to nod, so I can achieve a high level euphoria without having to fight to stay awake. You see? As for my favorite route of administration with oxy... I like to sniff some and eat some. Sniffing produces a fast onset and somewhat more of a rush than just eating it, and eating some allows for a longer duration than sniffing alone.

Heroin is more sedative than oxycontin, and in my opinion, has more side-effects overall. Both heroin and oxycontin (prepared properly) should be administered intravenously (again in my opinion). Heroin (of reasonable purity) is more potent than oxycodone and lasts longer. Its overall effect is more powerful.

I can definitely notice distinct difference between heroin and oxycodone.

Oxy is less sedating, but I find it produces more nausea. Also, the duration is so short (regardless of how you do it, but especially if you snort it) that the high feels rather abruptly up and down.

Heroin definitely induces alot of 'nodding', and IMO, is more euphoric. Also, I love the smoothness of the high.

The itching seems about the same for both, in my case.

I only eat oxycodone. I have snorted it a few times but it's not a method that I enjoy too much.

I have never injected Heroin but have snorted both Heroin and Oxycontin many times. In my opinion they feel basically the same. If it weren't for the price, I think I would actually prefer Oxycontin... But thats just IMO... I know some of you will disagree with this. I find that I can accomplish an equal nod/euphoria, the only difference I found is that I itch a hell of a lot more on OC.

I've sniffed both, never IV'ed either.

I prefer heroin to oxy. Heroin provides a longer higher with more euphoria for me. I also itch alot less which is something I hate. Also, at least where I am, heroin is significantly cheaper than oxy.

The only upside to oxy that I can see is that you know what you're getting, no worries about purity, cut, etc.

Oh, and I really like the smell, taste and drip of heroin.

...since Negro Kitty deleted my last post... I need to ask you guys a different question.

This is for people who have tried both.

Do you prefer Heroin (Snort) or Oxycontin (Snort)

Which do you prefer? IV is not in the question.

Thanks

i prefer the herion high far more then oxy...
insuffulation considered.

Definately heroin. Since I tend to only sniff things (i'm lazy, what can I say?), OC's aren't bad but the fillers and the time spent getting the coating off the pill make it #2. Heroin is just plain easier to sniff and more enjoyable. Drip is better to, IMO.

An OC20 (avg of 7-10$ here) vs. a 10-dollar foil of heroin...I'd take the heroin any day. Less to sniff and the buzz is significantly better.

DrEIMiller said:

Oh, and I really like the smell, taste and drip of heroin.

Sometimes I felt like I could smell heroin from a block away if I was going to cop some. And I KNOW I can smell the powder in an empty dime bag on the sidewalk.

I tried oxy late in my career, snorted only, a couple of times. Made me itch like a motherfucker, but I wasn't doing a taste-test. And I was shooting dope by that time so the comparisons don't apply. But anyway I would say I prefer Heroin, for some of the same reasons, it's way cheaper and easier to get for one thing. Plus heroin was just so familiar. If I was doing H now I would probably smoke it, I got major damage to my septum from insufflating. And I'm through with needles.

Oddly enough, the first time I ever sniffed heroin...for some strange reason it tasted exactly like I thought it would.

I dunno, heroin, coke, meth, even E...all taste "good" in their own oddish way. but I'd attribute that to conditioning.

I like the taste of salmon. Rick hook it up with some bags son.

Comparatively, oxycodone is like heroin-lite.

As others have said, it's far less sedating. I'm suprised to see anyone mention they've ever nodded out on it. The only time I ever nodded out on oxycodone was after injecting 20mgs when I had virtually no tolerance.

When I want to be completely mashed, I prefer heroin. When I'm just looking for a euphoric experience, I prefer oxycodone.

Oxycodone is generally more euphoric and because it doesn't have the sedating effects and as long as you don't take too high of a dose actually has somewhat of a stimulant effect, you can be much more functional and get a lot more done on it.

Someone recommended injecting oxycodone and I'll give you two reasons why you shouldn't. The first is that while the initial rush is great, unless you have a really low tolerance, the overall high is not very strong and it only last an hour. The second is that injecting any sort of pharmaceutical pill puts you at risk for several health problems. There is absolutely no way to filter out all the insoluable molecules and they will accumulate in your system, particularly your eyes, lungs and liver and destroy them.

Personally, I believe the best way to use oxycodone is taking it orally. It takes about 60 minutes for it to come on all the way, but the high last a good 4-5 hours. If you snort it, the high takes 10-15 minutes to come on all the way, but only last 2-3 hours.

As for heroin, you get a lot more high when you inject it instead of snort it. And there is also a rush. Most people who try injecting heroin will never go back to snorting it again because you psychologically get addicted to the rush.

But I would absolutely discourage anyone from injecting heroin if they haven't already. Because you get psychologically addicted to the rush, it will increase your desire to use. You'll start getting more high. You'll use more. And it will increase your physical addiction and tolerance much faster than if you're just snorting it.

I was using heroin for a while a few years before I had gotten into it again and started injecting it. When I was simply snorting it, I never got physically addicted (don't get me wrong, you can) and it wasn't hard to quit. After I started injecting it, I became so much more psychologically addicted and was just so into it I lost concern about getting physically addicted and quickly became physically addicted. Everyone I know that switched from snorting to injecting has also said that injecting made them far more psychologically addicted and much harder to quit. You really do get so hooked on that rush that if you're going through the worse of withdrawals you'll probably inject water just to inject something.

Last edited:
I enjoy oxycocodone more than heroin actually. I feel more euphoric on it. And by the way oxycodone is the same potency of heroin mg per mg.

well OC is best IV'ed if your looking for a rush, but I perfeer too snort mine... Heroin is way more sedating than OC's for me, yeah they do basically the same thing... well think of it like this.
Oxycontin is too Heroin, as Adderall is too Meth

In my opinion for people that do not IV it is in their best interest to just go ahead and do Oxycodone instead of Heroin. Heroin to me isn't as euphoric as Oxycodone. Heroin also lasts a shorter time period in my opinion when compared to oxycodone. I hear that IV Heroin lasts a long time though.

Before people start saying -- "Oh shut up PK you have just never had good Heroin before." Let me just say that I have had Heroin from all over and have done it with Heroin addicts that say the Heroin we got at that time was the best they have ever had and blah blah blah.. it has nothing to do with the quality but rather with just my opinion of the drug and what I feel when I'm on it. I have had many people agree with me on this one too. The only difference is that Oxycontin is more expensive when bought on the streets than Heroin... which is why Heroin is better in my opinion.

I used to do strong pain killers all the time and took a good 1-2 month break, got 100mg of OC last night( 5 OC 20's) and 3 1/2 but me into a heavy, heavy nod.

And btw, ocfiend, heroin/oc is defenatley NOT the same potency mg per mg.

But, about the Q, i like the heroin down high a lot more than the oxy. Even tho the only time i got fucked up on it i nodded the fuck out and threw up like a lil camel in the siberian desert.

"OCfiend" : Do you realize this thread is a year and a half old? Why reply to such an old thread? Dont reply to answered threads that you found by searching. Dont do it again!

And dont give misinformation saying oxycodone is equipotent to heroin, pure heroin is alot more potent!