• ⭐️⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

L2R

Bluelight Crew
1274080_mkt_pa_westworld-s1_po_v1_p.jpg

ive been closely following this production since first hearing of it. despite my massive expectations, i thoroughly enjoyed that premiere episode.

I liked the first episode, although the F bombs were definite HBO indulgence.

Any relation to the Yul Brynner film?

adaptation of that michael crichton classic. modernised immensely to equate the mind philosophy of robots to that of people and our base instincts. ed harris is playing a great yul like character but they seem to have massive differences 2 episodes in.

Cool. With so much more time to give the story it's no surprise there are differences.

I fell asleep trying to watch the first one last night. I cant recall hardly anything. It was that exciting.

The critics seem like to like it, rotten tomatoes. Is it any good like honestly ? HBO wanna have this as theur new flagship show to replace Game of Thrones when that eventually finishes off I read in a magazine.

it is very excellent, tickles all my drama and philosophy and sci fi bones.

okay, just a question - is this happening on earth or elsewhere?

I think we can safely assume its not in VR. Last episode a minor character made a comment about VR.

I think its unlikely its not on Earth. We saw a large bucket-wheel excavator which would have been hard to transport in space. And nanotechnology hasn't been mentioned.

They also briefly alluded to "everyone out there" [sic] "everyone out there...there is such a huge amount of wealth," ...

I've been getting into this show lately, can't bare the waiting week after week though. Might have to suck it up and wait till the season's over so I can blast through it :|

worst thing about this show is waiting till next week for the next ep

damn netflix ruining tv with complete season drops

Just finished the finale. 1 Hour 30 mins long.

Usually I have a firm grasp on what's happening throughout a show, but that final episode was a surprise.

fucking amazing ride, and it will be even more amazing on second and third viewings.

Watched the first couple episodes so far, finding it bit boring at times but it has quite interesting elements to the premise and the actual series.

Damn seems like episode 9 is called "the well-tempered clavier".. now I'm gonna have to watch until I finish that one =D

Watched the first couple episodes so far, finding it bit boring at times but it has quite interesting elements to the premise and the actual series.

To be fair the show starts off a bit dry.. but i guarantee it's worth sticking through to the end.

Binged it the other week. I thought it was pretty good and worth watching through. Interesting take on the basic plot, and some of the characters are nicely developed.

I watched it all last weekend and yea really enjoyed it and the final epsiode was the best with some twists and revelations that were refreshing and somewhat oroginal. I felt as the season went on it sucked me. The characters grow on you with the philosophical under theme of robotic AI self awareness and development and man's bass instincts and wants laid bare and explored.

Anthony Hopkins was the perfect cast for doctor amd creator of the robots. Thandie Newton as the burlesque owner was also impressive. Solid all round acting against a beautiful scenic backdrop definetely giving a romantic allusion for the western past. Ed Harris was pretty good.

I was disappointed to finish the season cause we have to wait till 2018 for season 2 :(.

Binged it a few months ago with my teeth gritted all the way as hope slowly died.
I kept hoping it would stop sucking as it had been recommended by generally intelligent people.
It held great promise: I'm a huge sci-fi fan, thought the casting was brill (beedie from Hunger Games!), and the premise had promise.
Imho it's way too slow, I could care less who lives or dies (yes I know some can't "die" but they are wiped, which still sucks), and it's like a really bad version of the classic Bladerunner ("meet your maker", anyone?) spread out over way too many hours.
tl;dr: watch Bladerunner and skip this show.