• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment Seeking Those Who've Done "Rapid" or "Ultra Rapid" Detox Methods Please!

Gunny

Greenlighter
Seeking Those Who've Done "Rapid" or "Ultra Rapid" Detox Methods Please!

Hello Friends-

As the title states, I am reaching out to ANYONE here who has gone thru either a "Rapid or Ultra Rapid" Detox procedure- which is obviously done within a hospital or professional medical setting due to the risks involved with both of these! I figure giving some background & facts first would help?

I am a 100% Service Connected (Disabled) Combat Veteran who was seriously injured in the war in Iraq. Ive been shot at, exposed to mortars, RPGs, Rockets, and blown up in 3 IED explosions in the year I was deployed there with an infantry unit during one of the hottest / most volatile periods in the history of the war (Both battles of Fallujah, Abu Ghraib scandal, first voting election etc)
The last IED blast was the one which did the worst damage to me that inevtiably ended up leaving me with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) severe Cervical Spine Damage, PTSD and a number of other medical issues as well. Upon medical retirement I was kicked around VA hospitals as they tried everything possible to try and quell the brutal pain i was in all over my body - and as many now know, "medicating" was pretty much all they did for years for us folks. I have tried just about EVERY type of Pain Medication and after finally not getting any relief or advanced care i looked to the private sector where i thankfully found a Pain Management Dr who knew his stuff when treating combat associated injuries
(He's a Retired military surgeon too!)

After multiple procedures which targeted the most painful areas inside my cervical spine, plus the pain meds Oxycontin 40mg for long term and 10/325 for break thru pain he's finally weaned me off the long terms Oxy and now just using the 10/325 which after such prolonged use has me almost immune to the stuff!! Obviously this means i run out of meds before the month is over from taking more than prescribed (280 a month) that I unfortunately turned to using H to get me thru to the refill period effectively (which I actually found it REALLY suppressing my bodily pains alot!)
My next medical step is about to be a "Spinal Cord Stimulator" device which is wrapped around my cervical spine and is an "Invasive" surgery which means some bad pain immediately afterward, but after that goes in I told him I desperately wish to get off ALL of these , since they are progressing obviously (to one he doesnt know about, and need to clean myself out in case of piss test too!) We even spoke about these since he's done BOTH and said there are pros and cons to BOTH of them. Thankfully he's done both in the military , but getting it covered thru private insurance is hard!

I have read extensive procedures on BOTH the Rapid and Ultra Rapid Detox and of course would like it done in fastest time capable (Ultra) which is more dangerous of course, but since one is entirely hooked up to every life saving machine imaginable chances of dying are lower (So I read & he said) but a weekend doing a Rapid Detox would be just as fine w me since trying to do it the "Regular Way" was absolutely BRUTAL for me and nearly cost me my own life when doing it during a 2 month in patient PTSD program at a VA Hospital! 3 days w NOTHING , and then Suboxone at high mgs , then tapering down over a few months. As stated here alot. THANK GOD FOR SUBOXONE TOO!!!! However, I am 99% positive I want either Rapid methods and hence why I am reaching out to ANYONE here who's done either for some personal feedback about their experiences doing either! Private Msg is preferred unless one doesnt have a problem talking about it in the open here for all to read? TOTALLY up to you - whoever you are out there???? Hopefully one of you members has done this once, maybe even twice, so Im desperate to hear all about it folks! :?

Semper Fidelis,
Gunny

PS- IS THIS ENTIRE THREAD I POSTED TOO LONG TO HAVE PEOPLE EVEN READ? Feedback on that would be great too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Note:
Before I posted this thread I did try searching all around here to find info on these topics. These snippets are the only things I can find, thus my quest to fine SOMEONE who can actually tell me their experience with EITHER treatment. It appears as if these procedures are only for the RICH or CELEBS ya know?
From the few threads Ive found (Earliest being 2014 time period) - it literally appears as if no one has EVER done these types of Treatments, nor wishes to talk about them here? It actually appears as if the "Cold Turkey" way of life is the ONLY thing some advise or know about? Wonder if I'm striking out on this overall? :(
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/775732-Please-help-me-Should-I-do-the-rapid-detox-procedure?highlight=rapid+detox+procedure

==================================================================================================

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/635177-Just-completed-rapid-opiate-detox-Still-feeling-awful-help?highlight=rapid+detox+procedure
=================================================================================================

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/725215-Anyone-have-experience-with-rapid-detox?highlight=rapid+detox+procedure
==================================================================================================

A rapid detox is when powerful antagonist are steadily administered to an opiate tolerant individual resulting in instant and extreme withdrawal. This procedure actually condenses the acute withdrawal period, which usually lasts several days, into a matter of hours. Due to the level of pain this inflicts upon the user however it requires a doctor to supervise and the patient is put under generally anesthesia (i.e. knocked out like for surgery) for the duration of the treatment. These clinics are probably a very tempting option for most people however they are expensive, there are still PAWS to deal with, the chance of relapse is higher (because you never had to experience withdrawal), and there are risks similar to that of minor surgery.
================================================================================================

25-03-2009 18:38 Report Post
Just a hypothetical question. The rapid detox that involes putting you to sleep and pumping you full of narcan, would suboxone work for this... while in the very early stages of withdrawal. Would some form of this treatment work at "home"? Lets say I would take a pretty large dose of a benzo (maybe 3mgs of xanax with little to no tolerance) and then wait about 20 minutes and do a suboxone (or a lot of naloxone ??) Hopefully I would pass out for a good 6-8 hours and have most the withdrawals for that episode pass. Sorry if this sounds kind of confusing, but does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about or if they think it would work? please let me know, I might want to give something like this a try. I'm sure it's been thought of, but I would have no idea how to do a search for this long question. Thanks again!!!
===================================================================================================

26-03-2009 03:15 Report Post
Naltrexone is the main chemical used in UROD (Ultra-Rapid Opioid Detox). Narcan (Naloxone) is only used as a minor component in the beginning of an UROD under anaesthesia or sedation procedure. After being put under, most doctors who offer this treatment write that they first inject a small dose of Naloxone (Narcan) to gauge the patient response (i.e. to make sure you do not have an adverse reaction, allergic reaction, vomiting into your mask, etc). If everything goes according to plan, a second test dose of Narcan (Naloxone) is given, though higher in dose than the first injection: again, to test your reaction and make sure nothing adverse happens. After this the Naltrexone (Revia, Vivitrol) is introduced and given by infusion I believe.

As far as a 'home UROD', there are theoretically possible scenarios that don't involve anaesthesia. However, the amount of pain, discomfort, despair, and the huge risks of performing such a procedure alone at home are so high it probably has worse odds than Russian Roulette for making it out safe and alive.

There is a very good reason why UROD is done in an ICU at a hospital (Intensive Care Unit). Despite being in an ICU with several trained doctors, nurses and support staff on the scene, with advanced medical equipment and a full pharmacy, some patients still die during this procedure. So, no, homebake UROD is out of the question.
=================================================================================================

26-03-2009 06:47 Report Post
morphene,

the magic wand that speeds up time is called Heroin.

UROD, and its many manifestations (anaesthesia, no anaesthesia, Midazolam, no Midazolam, any of them use Nalmefene or are they too cheap to use $50 of the fifteen grand they charge for a better antagonist?) deserves a lot more attention, funding, trials and interest. I would be interested to know if any tests have been done with dissociative anaesthetics at sub-anaesthetic doses for antagonist detox. Using general anaesthesia is really the only severe health risk of the entire procedure. Unless a patients constitution is so weak that withdrawal will kill them (in which case they would have been screened out), this procedure sans general anaesthetics would not have a way to be fatal.

Gunny -

your name reminds me of that kids show "the gummie bears" from the late 80's. "Dashing and daring, courageous and caring..." Oh the 80's. Love the name! Thanks for the smile.

i have no direct experience with UROD. I researched it years ago when I first contemplated quitting opiates. I found the same thing you did - very, very, few personal experiences. Over time, I developed a sort of theory about why it's so hard to find information on. I believe it may be because it's a pretty uncommon way of detox. Here is what I did gather from my research:

1) not many people did it, but of the people who did, they stated it was a very rough experience and that they were not out of acute withdrawal when they left the hospital/medical center.
2) every story I read indicated that UROD was not the magic cure the person was looking for - they left the hospital in a pitiful physical state and an even worse mental state. Then followed the months of PAWS...
3) i also read that PAWS is thought to be worse after UROD than traditional detoxes due to the damage done to your body through UROD.

those were some things that stood out. I seem to recall a thread on a separate message board that talked about a personal experience that wasn't terrible. I'll see if I can track it down...

Just curious, have you considered ibogaine? I've heard WAY better things about that.

please take everything I say with a grain of salt, it's been years since I've even looked into it.

- VE

ETA - I found the message board I looked at a few years back - the newest post on there is from April of 2015, but there are a few threads that may help - www.heroin-detox.com. There is a separate section for UROD - Naltrexone - Ibogaine.

Last edited:
No personal experience with it either. I did attempt researching UROD about a year ago and found pretty much the same thing that VE was talking about. I mainly saw that people were unsatisfied and it wasn't the miracle cure they were looking for... along with the side effect of a much lighter wallet.

Having no medical experience and only first hand knowledge of opioid wd, The way UROD sounds is that it zips you through the first 3-5 days of wd. This is the time where your body is naturally flushing the opioids as well as them breaking down in your system.

This period sucks but there are ways to make it more manageable aside from UROD. Even after that first 5 days or so you'll still be facing PAWS for atleast a month which for me, I would've loved to go through the acute wds only and skip the paws. The PAWS can be just as bad.

Getting off opioids is a long process to begin with and if I read your post correctly you are currently on suboxone?

If so, I don't know how a UROD would work for suboxone as the bupe in subs has stronger binding power than naloxone.

Everything about UROD sounded really finicky to me. Especially using it to come off suboxone.

I knew personally I : 1. Didnt trust myself to taper, 2. Didnt want to elongate the detox process, 3. Im impatient and stubborn as fuck, so I jumped in head first into the fire from 8mg...

I would highly recommend a taper to minimize wds.

Btw, I'm an ass for not mentioning this in my previous post but THANK YOU for you service sir!

Hello, I don't have any experience with those methods. I just wanted to say thank you so much for all that you have done for this country and its citizens! I wish you the best in your upcoming journeys.

I have yet to read a positive outcome from anyone who has had it done. The usual story involves nearly immediate relapse

My friend did the rapid detox and when he came home 3 days later he still felt like shit and would just lay around in his bed. He wound up relapsing a couple of weeks later. I would like to mention that he did a rapid methadone detox onto short acting opiates and then he went and did the rapid detox.

I am absolutely floored by the fantastic level of response here folks!
Even though none of you personally went thru this stuff, what you said, and how you said it all, meant the world to me my friends! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!

So many things to try and answer you all here. No I am NOT on the Suboxone YET but used it used before in 2012 when i went thru that PTSD Program I spoke about. They made me not take ANY opiates at all for 3 days and THEN started me on 16mg of Bupe - thus tapering down where i stabilized at i think it was 4-8 mg?And as I said ,without that stuff I would not even be alive today I swear! Its hands down a proven method house and worked for me BIGTIME! Gotta tell you guys this which will probably not surprise you though - Getting the Bupe was 10 times harder than getting 200 Percs BY FAR! Each VA hospital has only like 1 or 2 Docs in it that can prescribe the Bupe and getting to them is like trying to get to see your favorite Rock Band from the 80s (VAST EMPTY!!) lol. thought youd like that one man! - Im a huge 80's fan myself growing up during it and when i started doing my good ole Uncle Cid (LSD) and back when Ludes were as easy to get as Candy Corn too! MAN those were the days huh? So YES I plan on taking Suboxone / Bupe once I get thru one of these detox methods for sure! THANKFULLY my awesome Pain Doc prescribes it easily and wishes to get me down off everything soon! He got me down off the Oxycontin (which IMHO was MUCH MUCH easier than the Percs, which is like peeling skin - shit i don't need to tell you guys this at all right? So Ill be good w Bupe when that time comes.

He DID in fact mention that UROD was NOT the hey grail save all and that Id still have some issues, but that the hundreds of them he's done all (but a small %) were all good to go and successful on SERIOUSLY wounded troops at VA hospitals etc. I mean phantom pain from missing limbs etc. This dude has seen more combat wounds than we can all even imagine in life! Like I also said, there are times when i wish so badly i died in that IED blast and have had ideations daily for years! Had i been KIA at least my wife would've been SERIOUSLY taken care of financially and not upside down like we are now due to me squandering away cash like an ATM to get opiates off the street and OTHER SHIT-HHHHHH. ugh. (Oh get this one!! When i went into that PTSD Program the Pain Doc i was seeing at the time -different guy- had to provide me w all my meds UP FRONT to get me thru the stay there. I had to special order the shit from pharmacy and literally walked outta there carrying 1000 Percs and equal amounts of Xanax, Ambien etc! ONLY TO FIND OUT - that the program itself provided it all for me when i got there!!!! LOL. So they told me to go store it in my car for the 2 month duration (Though i did get to go home on weekends after 3 weeks) But I didnt DARE confide that in ANYONE i was going thru this program with since everyone there was a junkie and sure as shit would've smashed in my windows had they known I had that much shit in my car!!! Now looking back (Since I detoxed there and when i got out was clean, NOT needing all those meds , except Ambien n some xanax , the street cost on all that was HUUUUUUUGE!!!! Now that I'm having to buy it off street to enable me to get to next refill without crazy WD due to my tolerance ya know?
***YES i realize I am rambling like a madman here and hopefully making you laugh again VASTEMPTY?? :)

Well, Ill cut it short and say thank you to ALL yoos guys again for speaking up here to me, PLUS thank you ALL very very much for the kind thanks for my service!
Since I still have 1-2 surgeries left to do i won't be seeking to detox in the next 6 months or so, just doing homework now to see WHAT i will do in the end. I tell ya though. Resorting to sniffing H is the VERY LAST thing i thought id be doing, but right now its the only thing getting me by with the pain i have! And NO NO NO i will not end up shooting it either! I know i read that everyone says that but i still have some miracle powers in me to stay away from that method!! Obviously since i spent 21 years in the Marines I am no stranger to needles, even had the famous Anthrax shots before going to war too! Then of course all the juice I did when i got HUGE and jacked like most marines do since back then they didnt test for that shit. Only the normal bad stuff during Operation Golden Flow - piss test

Hey really guys, many thanks and feel free to keep comments coming and also feel free to ask me anything you wish about Iraq since Im an open book. Just don't be a dumbass like those people I don't know who ask "How many people did you kill over there?" Cuz YES I do get asked that which is like a total insult to ANY Vet, especially Combat Vets who went and did what they were told, PLUS had to watch their backs 24/7 the entire time! I equivalte combat to a motorcycle btw- You are going OPEN THROTTLE for like a year straight and when you come home they expect you to slow your life down instantly and stop the ride in a snap of the finger! Just can't be done to an engine like that without blowing it up! CANNOT BE DONE! Therefore thats why we have so many suicides going on out there w this stupid "22 pushups" for Vets and stuff. Ill even post some things you should NEVER say to a Combat Vet, someone w TBI or PTSD since I have a few good links on that stuff for sure! Ive done several good articles / interviews for organizations which id love to post but then EVERYTHING about me would be exposed in the open and next thing i know I got someone off here (not meaning you guys at all) calling my house asking for SOMETHING or offering SOMETHING if ya catch my drift folks? LMFAO!! I just went off all over again didnt I there? :)
Take it easy my new friends and LAST TIME - ....................................

THANKS SO VERY MUCH!!!! :)

PS- Why isn't there a "Like" or "Thank You" radio button on here to hit for those we wish to say that to? All my other forums have it?

Considering the high doses of opiates you were on I'm surprised that the Suboxone worked for you seeing as how it has a glass ceiling.

After your surgeries if you find that you are still in need of pain medication may I suggest speaking to your doctor about Methadone as an option. For you it seems it may be kind of perfect. It is used to treat addiction and is very useful as a pain management medication. I myself am a veteran and I know how difficult it can be to get the addiction portion treated while you are in actual legitimate pain. I wish you all the best. I will keep coming back to check on you here. Please keep us updated about what steps are being taken when. I implore you to not allow yourself to become one of the 22. Addiction, PTSD, and pain can be more than many can handle. Reach out, like you did here. There is SO much knowledge here on BL and even more support.

Good luck

Yeah if you can talk the doctor into prescribing methadone then that would be the much superior option. Suboxone sucks for pain control

Hello Friends-

As the title states, I am reaching out to ANYONE here who has gone thru either a "Rapid or Ultra Rapid" Detox procedure- which is obviously done within a hospital or professional medical setting due to the risks involved with both of these! I figure giving some background & facts first would help?

I am a 100% Service Connected (Disabled) Combat Veteran who was seriously injured in the war in Iraq. Ive been shot at, exposed to mortars, RPGs, Rockets, and blown up in 3 IED explosions in the year I was deployed there with an infantry unit during one of the hottest / most volatile periods in the history of the war (Both battles of Fallujah, Abu Ghraib scandal, first voting election etc)
The last IED blast was the one which did the worst damage to me that inevtiably ended up leaving me with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) severe Cervical Spine Damage, PTSD and a number of other medical issues as well. Upon medical retirement I was kicked around VA hospitals as they tried everything possible to try and quell the brutal pain i was in all over my body - and as many now know, "medicating" was pretty much all they did for years for us folks. I have tried just about EVERY type of Pain Medication and after finally not getting any relief or advanced care i looked to the private sector where i thankfully found a Pain Management Dr who knew his stuff when treating combat associated injuries
(He's a Retired military surgeon too!)

After multiple procedures which targeted the most painful areas inside my cervical spine, plus the pain meds Oxycontin 40mg for long term and 10/325 for break thru pain he's finally weaned me off the long terms Oxy and now just using the 10/325 which after such prolonged use has me almost immune to the stuff!! Obviously this means i run out of meds before the month is over from taking more than prescribed (280 a month) that I unfortunately turned to using H to get me thru to the refill period effectively (which I actually found it REALLY suppressing my bodily pains alot!)
My next medical step is about to be a "Spinal Cord Stimulator" device which is wrapped around my cervical spine and is an "Invasive" surgery which means some bad pain immediately afterward, but after that goes in I told him I desperately wish to get off ALL of these , since they are progressing obviously (to one he doesnt know about, and need to clean myself out in case of piss test too!) We even spoke about these since he's done BOTH and said there are pros and cons to BOTH of them. Thankfully he's done both in the military , but getting it covered thru private insurance is hard!

I have read extensive procedures on BOTH the Rapid and Ultra Rapid Detox and of course would like it done in fastest time capable (Ultra) which is more dangerous of course, but since one is entirely hooked up to every life saving machine imaginable chances of dying are lower (So I read & he said) but a weekend doing a Rapid Detox would be just as fine w me since trying to do it the "Regular Way" was absolutely BRUTAL for me and nearly cost me my own life when doing it during a 2 month in patient PTSD program at a VA Hospital! 3 days w NOTHING , and then Suboxone at high mgs , then tapering down over a few months. As stated here alot. THANK GOD FOR SUBOXONE TOO!!!! However, I am 99% positive I want either Rapid methods and hence why I am reaching out to ANYONE here who's done either for some personal feedback about their experiences doing either! Private Msg is preferred unless one doesnt have a problem talking about it in the open here for all to read? TOTALLY up to you - whoever you are out there???? Hopefully one of you members has done this once, maybe even twice, so Im desperate to hear all about it folks! :?

Semper Fidelis,
Gunny

PS- IS THIS ENTIRE THREAD I POSTED TOO LONG TO HAVE PEOPLE EVEN READ? Feedback on that would be great too?

First. Bless your service. Next, I am going through it now...quite by accident, by ingesting a 50mg naltrexone quite innocently....it has been the most Hell I have ever endured

Like Libertine009, I went through something along these lines accidentally by initiating naltrexone improperly. Of course, it was awful. But in a medically supervised UROD, you'll be anesthetized, which obviously changes everything.

All I can say in terms of effectiveness, is that I also hear that relapse after UROD is very common, though I don't know what mechanism would cause this to be the case.

Regardless of how you detox, the real motherfucker of cleaning up from an opioid habit is the long haul after the WDs are gone. My strongest advice is to make preparations for how you'll stay clean once you get the physical dependency off your back.

Good luck, Gunny!!

Gunny-

Hey! Not only is my husband a combat veteran (Army) Iraq also a gunner - he did the rapid detox. Off of methadone at that time.

He will respond to you-as I told him
"You need to respond to this thread "he will a little later. Probably using my name but he'll identify himself so you know it's not me.

What I can tell is it cost $10,000 up front at that time. He was well-cared for. The Dr prescribed many meds afterwards and gave his personal cell phone number for 24hr access. My husband (was my bf then Jesus hard to remember that lol) hardly remembered the week after-but I have to add -he got ahold of the valium on the sly But still. He was well-cared for.

No it's not a magic cure. You have to have an aftercare plan in place. I could tell he needed some. After he was home.

Welcome to BL Gunny. Glad you're here.

I personally have chronic pain and addiction issues - its a delicate situation.

I went to a chronic pain program at The Valley Forge medical center. Its in Pennsylvania. They treated exactly this issue. It was the best thing that ever happened to me. They get it.

Just wanted you to know you're far from alone in this situation. <3.

Hi Gunny,

I went through a rapid detox program roughly 10 months ago. I was VERY happy with the results and the outcome and do feel like it took some of the withdrawal symptoms away (or at least made them more acute). I don't know if I would go as far to recommend this method because of the price $, but I will tell you that I do not regret going through it and if I could go back I would not do it any other way.

I am going to start a thread later tonight and share my thorough and entire experience with Bluelight, but just to give you a quick synopsis:

I came off 140mg methadone (cold turkey) and it was PAINFUL. I remember waking up from the procedure and being very confused -- trying to get up from the hospital bed every two minutes not knowing what was going on. I was more messed up from the anesthesia than I was from the actual detox, puking for the first 3 days and unable to walk or see straight. Confusion is an understatement. I wish they would have warned me about was how messed up I would be from the demerol. I cannot emphasize this enough -- prepare to be sick, but above all prepare to be confused (as if you can prepare for something like that). I thought I was ready before the procedure to "talk myself down" once I woke up, but nothing or no one could explain to me what was going on, and I was not the only one that felt this way. The inside of that detox was like a day without medication in an insane asylum once, people wandering and crying and pooping everywhere.

So back to what I was saying, would I recommend this procedure? I am VERY happy with where I am today. But that doesn't mean I did it the "right" way. Most people on here are against The Wiseman Method (UROD) and I do not blame them as there is not that much research on the benefits (or on the procedure in general), but after going through it and looking at my whole experience I can say this procedure is safe and gets the job done. I believe it to shave some time off the detox despite what most here will claim. My methadone detox lasted 1-2 months in all, which is long but not that long for methadone (physical withdrawals were 2-3 weeks).

Good luck to you in whatever you decide, and if you want to read more about my experience send me a private message and I'll send you back the URL of my thread once I post on here.

It is safe if you're being treated properly by professionals in the appropriate medical setting, as you clearly were MrPubNub. You were clearly fortunate both in terms of having access to qualified medical professionals who gave you the correct dosages of the appropriate medications to keep you "comfortable."

TBH I'm glad to hear from someone who has experienced this procedure, but that is also likely because it means you are still with us! Stories about poorly operated procedures of this nature resulting in death or near death experience are scary, and not everyone is so fortunate as to have this the requisite quality of medical care.