'Protein Shot' Scam: Class Action Lawsuit

CFC

Bluelight Crew
Some of you may have noticed those handy little protein shots you sometimes get in stores by the counter or in airport kiosks and so on. It's usually in a little plastic bottle and they often claim to have anything from 20-40g of protein, eg:

PxQAMzT.jpg

Some may also have noticed that the protein they use is usually derived from collagen, despite the 'whey' in the name. You may or may not know that collagen has an effective biological value of 0% for muscle tissue.

That's right, ZERO. Collagen may have benefits for joints and some connective tissue, but for muscle protein synthesis it's utterly useless and thus a complete waste of money.

What's even worse, however, it turns out you may not even be getting 40g of useless protein according to a new class action suit reported by Anthony Roberts. You can check out his article on this latest protein scam >>here<<

My advice would be to avoid these ridiculous little supplements. Your muscles won't shrivel up and waste away if you can't eat protein for a few hours. It may in fact be beneficial in the long run (eg intermittent fasting).

lol. Does anyone read the ingredients before they buy things anymore?

And it looks disgusting. Acai flavored protein liquid? I wonder what the consistency was like?

I've never tried one. It just looked like a silly waste of money, but it's evidently worse than I thought. Most have artificial sweeteners in too, which makes them doubly yuck.

are MuscleMeds Carnivor Liquid Protein shots any better, same, .....???? any help will be helpful.

are MuscleMeds Carnivor Liquid Protein shots any better, same, .....???? any help will be helpful.

It's not part of the lawsuit. Though as we've seen generally with the protein spiking scam affecting so many companies, that unfortunately doesn't mean a lot.

Theoretically your protein shots should contain beef protein isolate, which is at least useful for protein synthesis. However, it does also contain the dreaded cheap-ass collagen, so there is clearly NOT as much useful protein as they claim, and it's still a scamming practice as far as I'm concerned.

With a delicious take-out beef deli sandwich, you do at least know you're getting some type of meat (even if it ultimately turns out to be horsemeat ;) )

Last edited:
Just put your protein powder into a little plastic baggie and keep it in your pocket before you get onto the plane. :)

^^ Yes, something like this should do the trick ;)

Ikp4Tx1.jpg