• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

October Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. Jack-o'-lanterns and drag queens

I think I'm giving in tomorrow! I don't see any point in being off oxy just to feel pain.

Oh well, I'll get to see my lovely pharmacist tomorrow!

Plum, I responded on my thread as well. please don't quit yet. This pain your feeling could be your body and mind working against your goals of quitting and should pass (I.e. Become tolerable) with some abstinence off of opiates. I know it sucks. Life is fucking hard. But could be so much worse.

Hang in there. Go outside and scream at god if you need to - but don't go to the pharmacy!

- VE

aplumgirl I dont know much about pain management and everything, my DOC is heroin and its always mental shit that drives me to use. I seriously commend you for making it as far as you have despite having been taking opiates for legit pain reasons. Withdrawal and active addiction are the closest thing to hell that I have known, and I have been through some SHIT. I can't even imagine adding another layer of pain on top of that, so hats (or a beanie in my case ha) off to you for all the progress you've made!!

That being said, my only advice to you is to change your dialogue today from "I am going to take my pills tomorrow" to "I am going to stay clean today and see how I feel tomorrow". In my experience, giving yourself an absolution that you are most definitely going to use at some point in the future is a veeeeryyy slippery slope. It will also make you feel worse psychosomatically.

Just try to breathe. Ill hang in there with you <3

Just try to breathe. Ill hang in there with you

What a beautiful thing to say!! I'm litreally crying right now cause no one knows how bad I'm feeling.

I know no one CAN know bc it's all my pain, but damn that was nice! God bless you for it!!

Im so glad I could help even if just in some small way :) just remember you got this!! WE got this

Hopefully tomorrow brings you some relief. What day are you on now?

LOL mama, just cause I may try different things doesn't mean those things are working. In fact, they are not.

I'm only using Advil and alcohol for pain. I might be developed peptic upset due to all that! Otherwise Icy Hot for the worst pain, except that got in my eyes a few times!!!

Right now I'm cursing myself for a fool! I'm really thinking about getting my Percs filled!!! Why suffer? I proved I can do this. I have a medical need, so why not?

I'll think about it more.

Advil and alcohol (or any other NSAIDs like Aleve, Aspirin, etc) -- are very very bad for your GI system when combined with alcohol. I ended up getting a stomach ulcer from this. Please be careful.

Thank you CH! I didn't really mention it when I first posted but heavy rain events are a huge trigger for me. I normally don't get upset about storms but this one was supposed to dump 15 inches of water in my area (we actually got 18 inches). While I got lucky in this storm this weekend, North Carolina continues to flood and it's hard for me to watch it.

I appreciate you guys and this thread. It's very therapeutic to be able to get this off my chest. It's been a difficult few days but I got through it and didn't use which is progress. I used to binge on drugs and alcohol during storms and making through this past event without substance was a huge victory. Going to clean up the yard now - I hope everyone has a good rest of the weekend!

wow, I never thought heavy rain could be a trigger!

I'm that kind of person who will walk around in the rain, after taking my shirt off, with my arms stretched out. I kind of like the feeling =D

So glad to hear y'all are safe though <3 I know many people were affected by the extreme weather recently.

I agree, all the endless days of rain we get here in the Pacific Northwest can really put a damper on your mood.

These days I just stay inside, play video games, and listen to 90s grunge instead of getting high on opiates. Who knows how long that will last though, winter is coming...

That's amazing to hear!!! Im proud of you :)

I wish I could say I was doing great but I dont feel it atm. Today has been a lot harder than the rest for some reason. Oh well... I will get there and so will you <3

That's amazing to hear!!! Im proud of you :)

I wish I could say I was doing great but I dont feel it atm. Today has been a lot harder than the rest for some reason. Oh well... I will get there and so will you <3

Anything in particular or just time getting long? I don't work so these days just handing out is dull. Nothing really I feel like doing.

Plum: So nice to see you won that battle last night and today!! By coming here and gathering support, and BEING HONEST, you were able to defeat that addictive "devil" voice.

Plum, I'm so proud of you!!!

How is your pain today? I hope it's better than yesterday so you have hope for tomorrow. Hang in there.

- VE

Plum, I'm so proud of you!!!

How is your pain today? I hope it's better than yesterday so you have hope for tomorrow. Hang in there.

- VE

Not even gonna lie this is just a shifty situation. I decided on my own to quit but now I feel trapped into the decision. Like it's not my own choice anymore.