• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

October Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. Jack-o'-lanterns and drag queens

Well after posting my midnight post about rls, somehow I got comfortable and FELL ASLEEP for 10 hrs!!! What a reluef.

All my worries have faded! I mean what a relief to know I might be ok after all!!!

Next step is getting my energy and stamina back. After practically 5 years of opiates I wasn't that active. I just did what I had to do, no more. I'm really ready to get up and going again.

Yay!!!! I've been logging in every day hoping to see your post that "it's gonna be ok." I'm so glad today is the day!

- VE

Yay!!!! I've been logging in every day hoping to see your post that "it's gonna be ok." I'm so glad today is the day!

- VE

Awww, thanks! That's really special to me. I can't tell you how much your encouragement has helped this past week!! It's really been a life saver!

I was never really "active" for so long due to my health issues so now I gotta get up and get moving!

VE I would be interested in reading the journal you have been keeping here. Can you tell me where to find it? In what section? Thanks!

Congrats to both you and aplumgirl. It is not easy.

Just took a "tiny" 10 minute walk but the sunshine felt good.

This is actually a big deal for me cause I've never been into exercise of any kind.

Got so little sleep last night because of the storm and was awakened early by a tornado alert for my immediate area :( It's going to be such a long day and I think we're going to lose power soon which is just going to make the day longer. I don't do well with little sleep.

Got so little sleep last night because of the storm and was awakened early by a tornado alert for my immediate area :( It's going to be such a long day and I think we're going to lose power soon which is just going to make the day longer. I don't do well with little sleep.

Stay safe! I've been thinking about you.

Thx - all is well here - just very boring. I will make this update in his thread but I since I'm talking about the storm I wanted to let everyone know that Manboychef is fine and experienced nothing major when the storm went through his area in Florida.

Yesterday was rough. I was in a ton of pain. I am still hurting a lot and not able to sleep.

Uggghhhh, one step forward...... but 8 1/2 days, no opiates! Boo what a bad bad idea this was!!!

I must be fucked up to ask for pain! I always say, nobody would make ano animal suffer like this, they'd put it out of it's misery!!!

Oh, poor plummy!!! But, you are powering through this.... so, what types of non-opiate pain relief treatments do you use or have researched? I know you... you are probably compiling a list of all types of ways to reduce your specific pain issues that are not as all consuming as the pain pills... you will beat this!!

I am always reading about people that cannot tolerate opiates... they find other ways to manage their pain and chronic health issues to find a healthy way of life.

Oh, poor plummy!!! But, you are powering through this.... so, what types of non-opiate pain relief treatments do you use or have researched? I know you... you are probably compiling a list of all types of ways to reduce your specific pain issues that are not as all consuming as the pain pills... you will beat this!!

I am always reading about people that cannot tolerate opiates... they find other ways to manage their pain and chronic health issues to find a healthy way of life.

LOL mama, just cause I may try different things doesn't mean those things are working. In fact, they are not.

I'm only using Advil and alcohol for pain. I might be developed peptic upset due to all that! Otherwise Icy Hot for the worst pain, except that got in my eyes a few times!!!

Right now I'm cursing myself for a fool! I'm really thinking about getting my Percs filled!!! Why suffer? I proved I can do this. I have a medical need, so why not?

I'll think about it more.

Glad to hear you're still OK Moreaux <3

you too MBC <3

Thank you CH! I didn't really mention it when I first posted but heavy rain events are a huge trigger for me. I normally don't get upset about storms but this one was supposed to dump 15 inches of water in my area (we actually got 18 inches). While I got lucky in this storm this weekend, North Carolina continues to flood and it's hard for me to watch it.

I appreciate you guys and this thread. It's very therapeutic to be able to get this off my chest. It's been a difficult few days but I got through it and didn't use which is progress. I used to binge on drugs and alcohol during storms and making through this past event without substance was a huge victory. Going to clean up the yard now - I hope everyone has a good rest of the weekend!

Last edited:
Day four of getting out of inpatient Suboxone aided opiate replacement therapy start rehab session. Nothing but my prescribed drugs including Suboxone. I consider being clean.

Day four. Still no fun. I told myself that today I'll do chores but its REALLY hard to focus on any one task. And I have a lot of anxiety about my upcoming court date.

I have been sleeping though thanks to xanax. My girlfriend hasn't been able to sleep much tho and I feel bad cuz honestly sleep and my vivid trippy ass dreams are the best part of my day rightnow... but she seems to be doing better than I am overall. Sucks watching her do laundry and shit while im just being all lazy.

I have my own thread but there's more people here...

Good or bad I hope everyone is having a sober day. <3