• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Injecting Bupropion

therealaphex

Greenlighter
So I have never stuck himself before and will not. I have a PICC line in my arm for about 4 months ago, its clean, flushed daily, and IVs are going into it to help fight a lung infection.
So i have been snorting 8mg dilaudid, my father has a bad back and has been getting them anyways i was finally convinced to pump one in my PICC line and it was great, its the only way i do it. I am basically havng fun for now with the PICC line in, cause when it comes out, i have a bad phobia of needles. anyways, all out of D's right now, tried couple other things but im on to these Bupropion. Ive read mixed reviews everywhere, alot talk badly because of the veins, well i dont have that worry with having a PICC line. I am in the hospital now and they taking good care of me, 10mg oxy every 4hrs, two 0.5mg dilaudid shots a day, two xanax shots a day if needed, etc...

So for the Bupropion, its 200MG, the first one i crushed, filtered and shot, nothing. I took off the pink stuff on that one.

Now i just did 1.5 again, i left the red on it this time, crushed to hell, and then did a CWE over about 40 minutes. i then took a majority of that and filtered it also. It was three full giant vials i pumped into me. I do feel weird, i feel funny as hell, but i feel like i need one more pill to determine if it anything or not.
i just cant wait til wednesday when the 8 dialiduds come in, itll be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to bluelight! The use of 'swim' is prohibited here. ( I edited your post.)

Now that that's out of the way, why would you want to inject an antidepressant?? 8(

Are you using a micron filter? 'Cause all the filler and binders from the pill is not good at all, needle or catheter...

Last edited:
OP, really, really please don't be injecting Bupropion (Wellbutrin). The risks are too great, especially when considering the "reward". Bupropion, like all pills, is dangerous to inject, but it seems to be one of the truly bad ones in terms of potential complications. Zolpidem (Ambien), Methylphenidate (Ritalin) and Bupropion are among a certain group of pills that seem to be especially dangerous.

You'll be trading one of the best highs God has ever created for one of man's ne'er do well bastard children. You don't want to do this.

Good to know, I will not do again, i guess i was just looking for a high that some others said they received, but no more for me. And thank you for bringing up the Ambien, i actually shot up a 10mg Ambien last night also, after filtering it.

^I'm sure you've got the idea now, but for good measure, there's a well-documented instance of a medically necessary amputation of someone's arm (or leg?) directly attributed to their injection of Zolpidem (Ambien) pills. It's important to note that injection of all pills is inherently dangerous due to binders/fillers found in pills meant for oral consumption, but as I've said, some seem to be significantly more dangerous than others. I'm not sure why exactly, it's just known based upon empirical evidence and people's reported experiences.

If you do intend to continue injecting pills, you should try to get a hold of a set of Micron Filters. They can be found easily and cheaply online and if you happen to live in an urban area with a needle exchange, they might have some available for free.

Injecting bupropion is very dangerous. That being said...bupropion is completely different from other antidepressants. It is actually s stimulant and a high is indeed achieved when insufflated or injected. The dangers of injecting pills cannot be understated. VERY dangerous. Not worth it

Take the coating off, crush it well, add water and cook it on a spoon til its all clear liquid.

From a harm reduction standpoint, I know you think you won't shoot up after the PICC is out, but it sounds like you are really digging the high of injected opiates and that's a broken taboo you can't forget. I don't know how easy it will be to avoid that rush afterwards but good luck.

Don't shoot pills, and DON'T shoot bupropion (lol).

You mentioned fighting a lung infection. Well anything not micron filtered ends up in your lungs because of the vascular network that exchanges gases in the blood. These are tiny vessels that run through alveolar sacs and are known for having pill fillers and excipients lodge in them causing Granulomas & Ischemia. I know it's a rare opportunity to have access to the vena cava but unless your drugs are USP grade and designed for IV use you might end up with diminished lung function or worse. Always flush your Hep-Lok too.

11_14_12582_01h_cmyk.gif
Fig. 1H —42-year-old man with history of IV drug abuse and excipient lung disease [ELD] from microcrystalline cellulose.

H, Crystalline foreign material (arrows) is strongly birefringent under polarized light, unlike crospovidone.Excipient particles lodging in pulmonary arterioles and capillaries can trigger a potentially fatal angiogranulomatous reaction with pulmonary hypertension and shortness of breath

Read More: http://www.ajronline.org/doi/full/10.2214/AJR.14.12582

Bupropion is a cathinone right? It appears to act like one, as it's commonly injected and used in a similar fashion to speed in my area.

That being said, I'd say injecting pills into your PICC line is really dangerous. I had one before to receive TPN when I was very ill, and I believethe line enters a vein and follows to the heart. So when a solution is injected it travels through the tube inside the vein and is released into and then pumped from the heart..I believe it's done to save ones veins when around the clock IV infusion is needed....For some reason I think pill binders directly to the heart must be bad.

But then, an IV injection goes right to the heart anyways. With a PICC it's just lining your veins.

Injecting into a PICC is exponentially more dangerous than a regular IV because of tremendously increased risk and consequences of infection. If the PICC gets infected or causes one to seed near the heart, its basically overnight endocarditis. NEVER DO THIS.

To the person who asked if it's a cathinone, yes it is.

I'm wondering why this is under opioids because bupropion is definitely not an opioid. If you do shoot anyone (which I'd strongly advise against) DO NOT leave the coating on, that just makes something already dangerous even worse. The outer coatings tend to have most of the bacteria that the pill has come into contact with, if prepared correctly the inside of a pill shouldn't. Take it from someone who stupidly used to snort this shit all the time, it's not worth it at all the highs can sometimes be great other times it could do absolutely nothing or make you panic for hours, it was very unpredictable tolerance, dosage, etc didn't even seen to be factors for this it seemed to be completely random. Another thing that makes using bupropion recreationally dangerous is the risk of potentially fatal seizures. And if all of that didn't convince you just take a quick look on Google images at people who've done it. It's one of the worst pills to inject. I also read somewhere someone who trled to IV it missed and hit an artery and died a very slow painful death (took three days I think) its been awhile since I read that but I might see if I can find it when I ha time.

If there isn't already I think that a resource to warn people of how dangerous abiding this substitute actually is (IV or otherwise). I think we need to try to put a stop to this trend. Just an idea I figure a moderator will read this at some point and can decide whether or not it would be beneficial to the goal of harm reduction. I honestly feel it's a pretty serious threat but maybe I'm overreacting.

Bupropion is a cathinone right? It appears to act like one, as it's commonly injected and used in a similar fashion to speed in my area.

Bupropion is a cathinone and a noradrenaline-dopamine reuptake inhibitor, yes.

The thing is that it is readily metabolized in your liver, and the metabolites are almost devoid of dopaminergic activity, so there is no recreational value to it when used orally because of the first-pass effect.
When injected, however, you might get a slight dopaminergic rush out of the bupropion before your liver enzymes get their grubby little hands on it.