• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery 16 years oxy user working up plan to get off for good please help have questions

LD -

You got this! 16 long years of this and freedom is in sight. Congratulations on moving into the next phase of this. It'll be a bit rough, but you are setup great with the comfort meds. Keep your eye on the goal and you'll be fine!

- VE

Thanks Icup & VE yesterday i cut my dose to half a 15 roxy 7.5 mgs twice yesterday than my night dose was kratom so from now till finish its 7.5mgs doses which makes me lmfao when i think about it only 7.5 fucking mgs and im still at work. Tapering has been hell im hoping it pays off big at the end cause tapering does beat ya down.
23.gif

It will pay off in the end if only you stick with it. Tapering with short acting full agonists like oxycodone is wicked difficult, I could never successfully manage it myself, so I give you an immense amount of credit. You are accomplishing something many junkies (literally) can only dream of.

Remember, as another BLer sagaciously pointed out in another thread, this game is much more a marathon than a sprint. Keep up the good work, keep working hard on bettering yourself and getting healthy, and you have no idea how good life can be.

Speaking of which, keep up the good work!

It will pay off in the end if only you stick with it. Tapering with short acting full agonists like oxycodone is wicked difficult, I could never successfully manage it myself, so I give you an immense amount of credit. You are accomplishing something many junkies (literally) can only dream of.

Remember, as another BLer sagaciously pointed out in another thread, this game is much more a marathon than a sprint. Keep up the good work, keep working hard on bettering yourself and getting healthy, and you have no idea how good life can be.

Speaking of which, keep up the good work!

Thanks TPD, ive been tapering a longtime now after being on 2 80mgs oxycontins with 4 30mgs roxy a day, the last 6 months have been the serious taper and really only till the last couple months its been hell. Especially two months ago when i stopped taking oxcycontin and just using my short acting roxys for the stretch run thats when it really sucked id be in withdrawals for three hours before each dose. The tapering has definitely beatin my ass emotionally and phisically just hope i have enough left in me for the climax

Yeah, it is just really tough tapering with just short acting opioids. Is there no way you can get some buprenorphine to help you make the final jump off. You could use a low dose of buprenorphine for a week and make the eventual transition off opioids so much easier on yourself.

Yeah, it is just really tough tapering with just short acting opioids. Is there no way you can get some buprenorphine to help you make the final jump off. You could use a low dose of buprenorphine for a week and make the eventual transition off opioids so much easier on yourself.

Really ive read that, i might be able to get a little bit of subs but ive been always scared shit of cause of its long half life i trully dont understand how it works better i have read of success stories with it starting at a low amount and tapering it for a week at most but i always figured it would be better to jump from short acting for less withdrawal hell time. I do have kratom would it be worth getting subs even at the low dose im at of roxy?

Yes it would. Using 2mg of buprenorphine a twice a day for three days, 1mg twice a day for two days ans then 1mg once a day for two more day will eliminate any nasty aspect of your acute withdrawal when you jump off the oxycodone and you won't have to withdrawal from buprnorphine once you discontinue it after a week because you won't have developed a new dependency on it. It is the easiest way to get off even a low dose of oxycodone when managed properly as I have described it.

The buprenorphine would work better than the kratom for getting off the oxycodone, and you can still use the kratom to help maintain a super smooth painless transition off the buprenorphine by using it at low doses for four days after you stop taking your week long time on buprenorphine.

Yes it would. Using 2mg of buprenorphine a twice a day for three days, 1mg twice a day for two days ans then 1mg once a day for two more day will eliminate any nasty aspect of your acute withdrawal when you jump off the oxycodone and you won't have to withdrawal from buprnorphine once you discontinue it after a week because you won't have developed a new dependency on it. It is the easiest way to get off even a low dose of oxycodone when managed properly as I have described it.

The buprenorphine would work better than the kratom for getting off the oxycodone, and you can still use the kratom to help maintain a super smooth painless transition off the buprenorphine by using it at low dosesfor four days after you stop taking your week long time on buprenorphine.

TPD when you say bup you mean subs? what would be best form i may be able to just get pill form not sure of strength and of course you mean stop the roxy wait atleast 15 hours or more for withdrawals then do the bup. I think at my dose of roxy dont you think i could get away with less say 1mg twice a day then taper, how long does it take before the half life of bup takes hold another words after a four days on bup you dont suffer any of the long halflife withdrawals from bup and wont my oxy withdrawals just wait till i finish the bup to hit. And remember i only have a week off to do this in or say 10 days would that plan get me back in time to work.

the last dose, can't wait for the name to be the reality! Whatever I can do - even just offer encouragement. Thanks for paying my poor thread some attention. I guess I don't rate compared to your bad self!

the last dose, can't wait for the name to be the reality! Whatever I can do - even just offer encouragement. Thanks for paying my poor thread some attention. I guess I don't rate compared to your bad self!

hahaha yes i hope its reality too thats why i picked that name and your thread ranks on the top in my book. Yeah im a child from the 70s and 80s so yes im definitely corrupted lol but always been functioning corrupted married two kids well not kids 25 year old daughter and a 17 year old son, house mortgage pretty normal well until i hurt my back then i got hooked up with my silver bullet and from docs not the street. Ive always had control over any drug i used and left it behind on the weekend then monday went to work till oxys they control everyday your on them which after all my years im sick of. I dont wanna have to turn around after driving 2 hours somewhere because i forgot a pill bottle im sure most of us have had similiar situations and then the panic sick of it i dream about the day no more pill bottle following me everywhere. And im ready for no matter how bad my back hurts to deal with it ops free. thanks for stopping by CD .

Ok heres the latest im doing three doses of 7.5 roxy 3 times a day so 22.5 mgs roxy a day which i have somewhat stabilized on now. I was able to get a 8mg suboxone strip and can get more but i think its enough if my accute wd is very strong i will do 1 mg twice first day then same next day then follwing two days taper down totalling 4 days on subs. Then i have kratom if needed but i will have to hurry because i have from starting black friday 11/25 and the following week back to work on 12/5 gives me 11 days total. What do you think about plan any help apperciated.

Last edited:
I've been outta state hunting this last week , but damn good to hear how well you're doing man !!
Down to 7.5 x 3 ..... Holy shit !! I had a subox for when I got that low , but was scared to use something w a long life like that so I never used it ..... You're about to the end of the bullshit game now boss but you're about to realize just how much it was worth cutting down to nothing - you've gone from looking off a 40' cliff to falling off the couch ; )
I'm excited for ya man !!

I've been outta state hunting this last week , but damn good to hear how well you're doing man !!
Down to 7.5 x 3 ..... Holy shit !! I had a subox for when I got that low , but was scared to use something w a long life like that so I never used it ..... You're about to the end of the bullshit game now boss but you're about to realize just how much it was worth cutting down to nothing - you've gone from looking off a 40' cliff to falling off the couch ; )
I'm excited for ya man !!

hey bro! Thanksgiving nite is The Last Dose roxy!!! trust me im scared shit of subs too but after reading so many threads about short tapers and getting thru the acute withdrawals stage so much easier is why im gonna. I have one 8mg strip and plan on starting at .5 mgs because im scared shit of precip withdrawals, and then maybe 1 mg after during first day i plan on using as little as possible for no more than 5 days. Kratom has been a great tool for me i could go a whole day with no problem on it and could probably use it to get thru withdrawals im just a little worried that my oxy withdrawals will be waiting for me when i stop the kratom then hit me. The part i like and dislike about subs are i have to be in withdrawals first to start scares me but yet its like lets see what the fuck ya got withdrawals right from the get go!. If i dont like how the subs work i plan to switch to kratom. How high did you dose lyrica the first day and days to follow and also how much clonodine did you use my bp is still high on .1 doses three times a day so i plan on doubling that once i start friday. Its been a long road for me im glad its final time to jump and also shit scared about it wish me luck brotha! BTW you said you were a outdoors man you said you just got back from hunting i have a nj purchasing permit and also handgun permit i have a nice custom AR15 and a 45 handgun i dont hunt just target shoot but i do fish and have my whole life i have a 18ft aluminum bass boat with a merc 115hp outboard bought it back in 1991 i fish fresh and saltwater. Me and my son last weekend had a great trip in raritan bay in nj. We caught lots of striped bass up to 34lbs all were released back to fight another day most of my fishing is catch and release, but i was glad to have a great day with my 17 year old son last weekend and it will be in my head to help support my fight starting black friday. Have a Happy Thankgiving
23.gif

Last edited:
Hell Yeah!! Jumped midnight Thanksgiving have not had a op in over 42 hours. Not feeling bad at all if anything just stoned and wobbly from lyrica and weed brownies,
At first big dose of lyrica i had energy i even went for a couple stoned and wobbly walks outside gotta believe lyrica and long taper is why im getting off not that bad so far im praying it stay this way
and i have NO cravings at all for ops.

Last edited:
LD -

Im so glad the long taper and Lyrica are paying off! Congrats on jumping!! I quit smoking at the same time you quit ops - which I know isn't comparable, but it's funny we quit at the same time.

Ive always heard that the first three days are the worst. It sounds like you may be flying by the worst of it, but don't get discouraged if it does hit. How are you sleeping?

- VE

Hi VE, Im 50 hours now not sure why ive gotten off so easy, Im not that religious but i know bunch of friends are family are praying for me. All i can say is so far i have had almost O symptoms i dont know whats coming next but im ready. During first day i took like 3 imodium pills to get ready and now i havent gone since taking it. I gotta say ive had weeks during my tapers that were way worse that this hope i dont jinx myself saying that. The first two days all i been is stoned on weed brownies and lyrica stumbling around the first day i even got weird ass energy so i went out with headphones with good metal and hard rock crankin in my ears walking keeping my head down looking at sidewalk. Went around the block couple times swear to god i tripped a little on that walk high does lyrica and brownies dam. My sleep has been ok ive been passing out all different times of day like knockouts i dont see them coming and its weird cause im easily losing what time of day and what day it is. All i know is i dont crave ops at all right now i have kratom and subs all ready to go and im not touching either so far not even a consideration now hope your doing good VE thanks
23.gif

tld, I found tapering nightmarish, which is why I jumped off at 80mg oxy and had a relatively easy (remember the word relatively) time. I'd rather jump off than taper any day of the year!!!
Keep going! CD

Nice !! I'd say you'd be sick by now , but w your taper and all you should be good !
Lyrica is a godsend for where you're at , I used / have gabapentin and it was amazing to me how easy it made it all - funky energy it gives you huh ? Seemed to make music " connect " strongly , esp like some old 80's song I hadn't heard in years or some good ol' Crüe .....
Hope your day is going well chief , watch your emotions - they will come roaring back over the next few mos. so keep your chin up and keep them on the positive side - and when you don't feel like doing anything , get out and do something !!
Much love man , I'm smiling for you big time !!

tld, I found tapering nightmarish, which is why I jumped off at 80mg oxy and had a relatively easy (remember the word relatively) time. I'd rather jump off than taper any day of the year!!!
Keep going! CD

Hi CD, I think with your taper you didnt take it slow enough i gotta admit there were times of my taper near the end it was hard to go to work. I dont know if you were given the opportunity to slow taper for me in the end it was a godsend!. Some people are ct jumpers and some tapers for me in the end so far it was nothing at all with the meds i used. 64 hours closing in on that 72 hour mark just took a shower i actually was able to shower each day it was weird as hell i put the shower hotter than normal crazy i could feel every drop hitting me feels so good i stayed in twice as long as normal. I havent seen my pupils this big in 20 years everything looks brighter than normal and different. I have great emotions considering only cryed tears of joy in shower, i keep asking my wife how many hours has it been and telling her do you know how many doses ive missed by now joking. All i can say is to the people that want a little pain along the way bearable tho tapering is the answer its the difference in the end of walking off the train compared to being hit by the train going cold turkey. Thanks CD for your support i really appreciate it!. Hope its going good for you too.