• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery 16 years oxy user working up plan to get off for good please help have questions

I am a ten plus year opiate user. I'm on my second day of figuring out dosing of Kratom. So far no problems. We will see as the days pass. I'm a little affraiyof what will happen when the ban actually happens and I get stuck back into buying the other options.

You ween off kratom then which is suppose to be easier than ops and so far no ban in sight

Yup , it takes a few for your mind to come around to a lower dose - but man you've came quite a ways perty quick !! Keep it up boss
; )

Thanks man i appreciate the info, unfortunately yesterday i went to a new doc hes a general and also a addiction spec. i was there 3 hours what a joke i told him everything and showed him a small list of comfort meds i wanted clonidine gabapentin and muscle relaxer. So he comes back in with his plan he wants me starting tommorow to cut each 15 roxy dose in half (yeah right i wish) i explained im stuck and need to go slower, my blood pressure was checked there at 160/100 so he says he will give me the some comfort meds when i come back in two weeks this is after i explained im very worried about my blood pressure can i atleast get clonidine now so i dont drop dead from a heart attack because theres no way im gonna go lower with my bp that high, he says no when i come back he says he doesnt want me doctoring myself what a fucking joke its all about money most docs dont give a fuck about people. So i wanted to ask you when you did the full switch to kratom did you have any comfort meds to help or just kratom and how was the first 5 days were you able to work. thanks

The Bali will work more effectively when your tolerance drops. It will mitigate the symptoms you will be just incredibly sick vs not being able to live in your own body
You can turn the volume up to 40 grams in 24hrs if necessary. Make sure quality is good 4 or 5 grams should be noticeable
Good luck

The Bali will work more effectively when your tolerance drops. It will mitigate the symptoms you will be just incredibly sick vs not being able to live in your own body
You can turn the volume up to 40 grams in 24hrs if necessary. Make sure quality is good 4 or 5 grams should be noticeable
Good luck

thanks for the pointers CL

Well ???
How's the battle brah ?

Hey brotha good news i went to my regular doc i havent seen him over 10 years and he prescibed me Lyrica, clonidine, and Methocarbamol. I have been doing bali for my last dose daily seems to work good im down to less than 25 of my last 15mgs roxy so im jumping to kratom soon. Ive been doing a half and a quater of a 15 each dose equalling 11.25 mgs a dose, totalling 22.5 mgs roxy daily plus a 5 gram kratom dose. Good to hear from ya i might have some questions for ya as i get there thanks for asking about me brotha

Last edited:
HOLY SHIT !! Sounds like you're evened out at that dose also ..... Dayum man , kickin butt !! How's the lyrica treating you ?

Just got back from wally world with scripts just did lyrica and clonidine minute ago the methocarbam im gonna not take till i fully jump off. Hows everything with you brotha, crazy shit the kratom holds me better and longer than my 11.5 mgs roxy does 5 grams of bali must be stronger than 11.5 roxy. I remember reading you say something like i wish i jumped to kratom sooner last of the oxy ween is worse. My biggest problem is weening off kratom in a one week vaca dont know if thats possible if not i might have to stay on kratom a little longer.

Last edited:
LD -

With the comfort meds you have, I think that the week vacation will be enough. When does it start? You should maybe try to get down to about 2.5 grams between now and then. 5 grams of Kratom is a fair amount for 11.5 grams of oxy. That's probably why it's holding you better! I cold turkeyed off of about 80 mgs a day and 5-6 grams was the maximum I allowed myself in the first 3 days (when I thought I needed it the most). It didn't make me feel great - but it was tolerable. I think your vacation will go better if you can taper down a bit more. But but even if you can't, I think you'll be just fine! I hear the Lyrica will help a ton! And of course Clonidine is a life saver - or was for me.

You are doing so awesome, LD. I'm inspired by your commitment to this and your ability to taper off oxy (a skill I never acquired).

- VE

LD -

With the comfort meds you have, I think that the week vacation will be enough. When does it start? You should maybe try to get down to about 2.5 grams between now and then. 5 grams of Kratom is a fair amount for 11.5 grams of oxy. That's probably why it's holding you better! I cold turkeyed off of about 80 mgs a day and 5-6 grams was the maximum I allowed myself in the first 3 days (when I thought I needed it the most). It didn't make me feel great - but it was tolerable. I think your vacation will go better if you can taper down a bit more. But but even if you can't, I think you'll be just fine! I hear the Lyrica will help a ton! And of course Clonidine is a life saver - or was for me.

You are doing so awesome, LD. I'm inspired by your commitment to this and your ability to taper off oxy (a skill I never acquired).

- VE

Hi VE,
Im thinking if not next week it will be the week after thats would be about all the roxy 15s i have left i cant believe how far ive stretched them. The taper has definitely sucked but its amazing to see how little amount and i can still go to work on, each reduction is a rough week or so. Trying to get under 15mgs dose roxy 3 times a day was the toughest it took a couple weeks. Yes i agree 5 grams of bali is a little stronger than 11.5 mgs roxy just wish i knew if it would stay that way without any roxys just all bali cause i would jump sooner then start to ween the kratom while still working a week then take following week off. After almost 20 years on ops im not shitting im scared as hell of the end ive never felt full withdrawals not to sound like a baby im a pretty tough person and can normally handle alot. I think i know why some people dont taper because once you get it in your head your ready to go its on no waiting, when tapering you have to hold that mindset a longtime which gives lots of time for that little guy that pops up on your shoulder and says shit like your doing great on 15mgs you can stay on that and be happy its crazy because when i first went down to 15mgs dose i would start withdrawaling 3 hours before next dose then when i took dose i would actually feel the rush like it felt almost two decades ago. Really the longer you wait and the more you read the more it fucks with your head and after 19 years on it hard to find somebody similiar to me that did it. Ive been inspired though by a guy on this forum squidhead hes older than me and been on methadone a longtime and had to ween and jump in a short time, icup has helped me alot too. Also very inspired by you what you have accomplished so many great folks here.
23.gif

Last edited:
I'm not sure on the clonodine or metho? But have heard praise .....
With a little lyrica , kratom should hold you at this point - try not to let your mind sit and analyze how you feel , try an am taking zero oxy , you can always take a 1/2 of one but give it an honest go and I guarantee you'll impress yourself ..... I kept my last one with me for like a month , knowing it was there if I needed it help - but f'realls , see how long you can hold out - when you see how well you feel it's empowering !!
And reminder , switch kratom strains every day or two especially now when you are counting on decent relief !!

You got this in the bag bud , be very proud of it and never forget just how shitty it feels to be dependent so you don't ever go back !!

Had my 6mos. Last sunday .... I was a huge pussy about jumping and scared as shit , looking back I can honestly say that it's at least 75% in your head and easier than you think - you will agree w/ that soon enough chief

I'm not sure on the clonodine or metho? But have heard praise .....
With a little lyrica , kratom should hold you at this point - try not to let your mind sit and analyze how you feel , try an am taking zero oxy , you can always take a 1/2 of one but give it an honest go and I guarantee you'll impress yourself ..... I kept my last one with me for like a month , knowing it was there if I needed it help - but f'realls , see how long you can hold out - when you see how well you feel it's empowering !!
And reminder , switch kratom strains every day or two especially now when you are counting on decent relief !!

You got this in the bag bud , be very proud of it and never forget just how shitty it feels to be dependent so you don't ever go back !!

Had my 6mos. Last sunday .... I was a huge pussy about jumping and scared as shit , looking back I can honestly say that it's at least 75% in your head and easier than you think - you will agree w/ that soon enough chief

Mainly i was wondering about the kratom holding the same after first couple days of jumping fully on it is i want to still go to work on just kratom, this way i can use my whole week off to see if i can go without kratom. Congrats on 6 months brotha! I'll be honest if i cant pull it off in a week im gonna stay on kratom till march when my company closes ive worked at for 15 years, then i will have all the time i want to ween off comfortably on unemployment. You sound like you have been doing well on kratom how do you take kratom, ive tried toss and wash goes down good but i feel like its in my throat for hours after my favorite way so far is in a water bottle with choclate milk shaken alot!! I agree most of it now is in my head especially after almost a year long taper.

It will hold you ..... Give it an honest shot like tomorrow am , and just keep a 15 w ya - you can always take 1/2 if needed , right ?!?
I toss n wash , about 2-2.5g on a spoon w water - iced espresso or c.milk does make it easier thou , ya get the hang of it quick .....

I don't like the idea that I've been taking it for ~7 mos now thou , time I'm cutting down !! I don't think I would have made it without thou .....

The particular muscle relaxant your doctor prescribed you is pretty standard fair when it comes to opioid withdrawal. I don't find it all that helpful compared to something with similar properties like diazepam, but it is certainly a heck of a lot better than nothing. Not at all recreational, but it does take the edge off. Especially in combination with pregabalin and clonidine. Pregabalin and clonidine will make your kick infinitely easier than cold turkey.

Keep up the good work the last dose!

It will hold you ..... Give it an honest shot like tomorrow am , and just keep a 15 w ya - you can always take 1/2 if needed , right ?!?
I toss n wash , about 2-2.5g on a spoon w water - iced espresso or c.milk does make it easier thou , ya get the hang of it quick .....

I don't like the idea that I've been taking it for ~7 mos now thou , time I'm cutting down !! I don't think I would have made it without thou .....

Hey bro over the weekend all i did was 11.5 fuckin mgs sat and then same on sun the other doses were all kratom. The sat afternoon dose was a struggle to make it but it got better on sun, i have to make with less than 20 roxy 15s left till the week after Thanksgiving for vaca now from work wasnt able to get sooner thats alright i'll get one last great meal :{, i'll make it mixing in kratom doses. Crazy shit just for helluva it i did one of my 150mg lyrica late last night (im not doin lyrica now cause i dont want to build tolerance so gonna use when stopping kratom) i did my little 11.5 mgs roxy this morning and by 2 im f in hurtin now it is almost 3 and i dont feel that bad its gotta be from lyrica last night i would be hurtin now, very interesting gives me even more hope thanks for the push bro

Last edited:
The particular muscle relaxant your doctor prescribed you is pretty standard fair when it comes to opioid withdrawal. I don't find it all that helpful compared to something with similar properties like diazepam, but it is certainly a heck of a lot better than nothing. Not at all recreational, but it does take the edge off. Especially in combination with pregabalin and clonidine. Pregabalin and clonidine will make your kick infinitely easier than cold turkey.

Keep up the good work the last dose!

thanks tpd i also have a good supply of xans to go with the lyrica, clonidine and robaxin and weed :) cant forget that now i smoke everyday like the old days and i love it!! not like the last 15 years or so of only smokin two days a month cause of fuckin pain man urine samples thanks tpd

Last edited:
Check you out !!!
Idk what I'd choose if I had to wd again and could have kratom or lyrica .....they both will save your ass unbelievably well
You are kicking ass man , it's obvious you have your mind set ..... When I got that low I started to notice that the bad part of my day was when I took it , and knowing it wasn't really doing shit anyways it made it easy to just jump the fuck off !
Yeeeehawww chief