• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall for socializing or work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arksenu

Bluelighter
So I got my hands on 10 mg of Adderall IR (having no tolerance) and was wondering if I should use this to socialize, or study?

Alternatively, if it was 20 mg of Adderall IR, which one should I do?

Do you feel a need to enhance those areas of your life? They do help those type's of things, in the short run at least, long term you begin to become dependent on them for dealing with social situations ect. So you have to ask yourself is it worth the trouble?

First off, since this is an HR forum, I feel like I've gotta say that using amphetamines as a crutch (unless you have legit ADD/ADHD and "crutch" means "aid to function in society") of any sort is a baddddd idea. I used to work with a guy who abused his script for socialization and work. I don't know his dosages, but I do know that he almost never ate or slept. He's a shell of himself now, totally unproductive, horrible social anxiety, depression etc, probably due to other factors too, but he started out with fairly innocent intentions, was never a true speed-freak. So just be careful, control your use so it can still be USEFUL to you, ya dig?

With that out of the way, dosage really depends on the individual. I have ADHD so my doses are a little higher than the average person needs (I can't feel 10mg).
I use 15mg IR for work/organization, mild social boost. 30mg XR is good for being very productive, not good for more mundane work or organization, hugely social at this dose for me but I kind of dislike that because I talk too much as it is.

So if I were you, I'd start at 10mg IR and see how it goes. If it truly doesn't feel like enough, next time take 20mg. My SO, who doesn't have ADHD, gets approximately the same responses to those doses that I get to 15 and 30mg, respectively.

One last thing, for many kinds of work (that don't require extended focus or organization), I find caffeine to be completely sufficient. It gives me a little social boost too. Most people have an ungodly tolerance to the stuff but I took a year long caffeine break and can't believe how effective it is again.

Don't take recreational drugs for things you need for vitality, ex: work or social-relationships. But, these things don't really enhance anything, they are negative ends, at best.

Also IME when taking amphetamine for an extended period of time, it will reduce its effectiveness at helping ease social anxiety and motivation/energy for work. You will become tolerant and the positive effects of the amphetamine start to really decline, leaving you with a substance that doesn't make you all giddy and tingly anymore but instead it leaves you with nothing but physical side effects probably caused by all the norepinephrine and decreased levels of dopamine.

I started to abuse amphetamine at age 14. I would on very rare occasions take about 30-40mg of the XR formula made by Shire (this dose was heroic for my age and weight as it was VERY intense and obviously as this was my first times trying it I would never achieve that feeling again).

After I got older and I had abused Adderall quite a bit and done meth here and there, the nice positive effects fade and it becomes a tool used only for work related situation/ cleaning house. Now when I take amphetamine and methamphetamine it gives me very mild/subtle euphoria and if taken extensively I actually become ANTIsocial, not wanting to talk to anybody and feeling weird and paranoid. And no I have not abused the shit out of amphetamines. I know my dose and don't like to over do it on stimulants. I know people who will sit for hours just constantly roasting a meth pipe. On the other hand I ask to have about 30-40mg to IV and that one shot does me good all day while others are trying to chase their pipe high all day.

So my advice would be to limit yourself on how much you decide to use it as an aid. Because you might just like it too much and then you will have a hard time being able to do those things normally and without the drug. Instead of using Adderall only, try to research other ways and ideas to make yourself more social and have motivation/energy to work. I know sometimes there might arise a situation where you may need something a lil bit stronger ;) but don't make it a habit or it will flip on you and it will turn from your greatest tool to your worst enemy.

Don't take recreational drugs for things you need for vitality, ex: work or social-relationships. But, these things don't really enhance anything, they are negative ends, at best.

Sorry to be harassing but I tried to send you a pm and couldn't, can I ask you a question about Zofran? PM me please so I don't derail this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.